Is my new '13 TOO fuel efficient? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Is my new '13 TOO fuel efficient? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah, my experience has been that throttle position is everything. If you see another stop light coming in 100 yards, ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, my experience has been that throttle position is everything. If you see another stop light coming in 100 yards, there's no reason to use 75% throttle to get there.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Throttle position matters more than anything else in my experience. Constant throttle saves more fuel than constant speed, so a user can even beat cruise control.

Since mixture errors produce CELs I'd suspect the trip computer is wrong before the mixture.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    I <3 when Spiro agrees with me. It's like having it sprinkled with holy water or something.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

The computer really does inflate the numbers as Zax said
    My last batch i got like 20mpg cuz I guess got ****ty gas and my meter was showing i got 24.5 -_-

But on the average, after doing the manual math, I get like 24-25. And im happy with that.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I <3 when Spiro agrees with me. It's like having it sprinkled with holy water or something.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by richie18 View Post
    dude, how are you guys getting 25+ mpg??? best ive seen is 24 mpg and i drive pretty slow
    Dont get into the boost, shift when subaru recommends...about 2500 rpm

If I drive at 80 on the 10 mile highway portion of my commute instead of cruising at 70 with middle-lane and right-lane traffic, it will trim 64 seconds off of my commute. Not worth the stress and extra gas burned.
    your location of "old folks home" must be right. On paper, and in reality you are 100% right. For some reason we all seem to rush to where we are going - must be some ingrained instinct to "get there quicker" - even if you are housewife, must accelerate to a red light
    2013 WRX Limited Silver. Stage 1 l+ Cobb SF, Short Shifter, 20/50 Tint.
    Logged 17.45 PSI @ 4200. Live Data'd 18.0 max.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Stay out of boost and you'll see your numbers increase.
    might as well buy a impreza wagon (non-turbo) in that case! f MPG. I just wanna feel the boost
    2013 WRX Limited Silver. Stage 1 l+ Cobb SF, Short Shifter, 20/50 Tint.
    Logged 17.45 PSI @ 4200. Live Data'd 18.0 max.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DaLeCal View Post
    your location of "old folks home" must be right. On paper, and in reality you are 100% right. For some reason we all seem to rush to where we are going - must be some ingrained instinct to "get there quicker" - even if you are housewife, must accelerate to a red light
    I've spent my fair share of time racing around for no reason..still catch myself doing it, especially when I'm in a fairly well-modded WRX. Over time though, I've noticed that my stress level is just generally lower if I set the cruise control and motor along in the right lane.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I've spent my fair share of time racing around for no reason..still catch myself doing it, especially when I'm in a fairly well-modded WRX. Over time though, I've noticed that my stress level is just generally lower if I set the cruise control and motor along in the right lane.
    I tend to stick with the flow of traffic and not stress myself if I'm not going "fast" enough too.

A few weekends ago I even took it to the extreme, I was driving to a wedding and knew that my buddy got on to the highway a few minutes behind me. I slowed down to like 67 and planted myself in the right lane. It was very relaxing haha.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    I slow down & relax in the left lane. I try to stay under the speed limit. On the highway its the extreme left lane. Someone always comes up behind me flashing their lights, honking & cutting me off. Some people just don't know how to relax.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    LOL, I had a coworker that actually put that into practice as a philosophy. He'd move to the far left, and set his cruise on the speed limit, and studiously ignore any protests for his commute. He seemed to believe he was doing the community a favor, by slowing people down...I tend to think he was creating more danger than he was helping.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

LOL, I had a coworker that actually put that into practice as a philosophy. He'd move to the far left, and set his cruise on the speed limit, and studiously ignore any protests for his commute. He seemed to believe he was doing the community a favor, by slowing people down...I tend to think he was creating more danger than he was helping.
    what a jackass

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah...he was a very smart designer with some really odd idiosyncrasies. I can't really go into much of it without violating forum rules.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    All those people,most of whom who do it deliberately, really are putting themselves & others at harm. They are not going to slow anyone down. Just piss everyone off into doing something rash. There was even a part in the Defensive Driver course that touched on the subject.

If only this happened more often.

NSFW*** cursisng towards the end

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast