Chain or Belt ? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Chain or Belt ? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SD_GR I now recommend also inspecting the thermostat housing carefully and replacing that as well if there ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I now recommend also inspecting the thermostat housing carefully and replacing that as well if there is pitting. Again just IMO and I am no mechanic -- on the contrary my tools are a waste, I can barely use them so everything I say needs a grain of salt.
    I wish I would have replaced my housing.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Pitting? Trainrex helped me out, instructing me to Emory file mine until I could feel no imperfections, and to use a touch of Si, but eventually other pits developed, even though I kept the coolant schedule and diluted with distilled H2O only. New housing and all is well again.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Pitting? Trainrex helped me out, instructing me to Emory file mine until I could feel no imperfections, and to use a touch of Si, but eventually other pits developed, even though I kept the coolant schedule and diluted with distilled H2O only. New housing and all is well again.
    Not a ton of pitting but corrosion. I sat there with emory for an hour to get it to my satisfaction. It was soo bad I had to start with a knife to whittle it off.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    A new housing is $28 if memory serves plus a Subaru gasket. My bolts were fine.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123