The #1 thing I HATE about owning my WRX ):<
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on The #1 thing I HATE about owning my WRX ):< within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I've owned my '04 WRX since October And I love it, But there is this one thing that just ...

The #1 thing I HATE about owning my WRX ):<

So I've owned my '04 WRX since October

And I love it, But there is this one thing that just pisses me off to point of not wanting to drive it.

I can't drive from point A to point B without some ******* Trying to race me, line up at a light, honk the horn, stare at me, rev their engine, etc...

I don't understand?! On the way to college, there will always be a Volkswagen/Honda that will sit there and rev there fart-canned inline 4 at me at a stop light. On the way to work, I have Mazdas and Nissans that just floor it on the highway past me doing like 100mph. Hell dropping my little brother off at High School these kids in their first cars like Pontiacs and Cavaliers will honk and try and race me. I am so pissed off right now, I literally can't go anywhere with this awesome car without someone trying to race me!

The reason I'm so mad in this post right now is because on my way home from work tonight, this slammed BMW Hatchback lookin' thing just sat there and said race me you *****! I was about to get out of my car I swear! It was raining out, the roads were packed and he wanted to race?! Then this '03 Chevy Impala Goes flooring by me.

Racing on streets is stupid! The potential of killing a van with a mom and her kids in it is the #1 reason why I WILL NEVER STREET RACE. I'm also a part time worker with full time college, I don't have the money to be losing my license or worse.

If owning my Subaru increases the amount of Stupidity around me, than why the hell did I buy the car ... I'm so mad right now, I'll end the rant here. I'm not asking questions, I'm just rambling in fury.

Am I the only one on this forum that has this problem?

I've notice fellow Subaru Drivers I never see racing, Hell I never see Evos street racing... I never see Camaros or Mustangs racing. Maybe it's because we owners of fast cars have nothing to prove and those with lesser cars and attempting to prove that there car is fast (which they never are).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't worry about it. Just drive to/from where you're going, not worrying about what other drivers do. You're not the only one.

Add a bigger hood scoop and a park bench wing to your car and you'll notice more "challengers"...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

The first few months i had my '12 wrx, there was a srt4 neon that would seem to always find me right after i picked up my 4 year old, and 1 year old daughters from Daycare, and would line up next to me and make his BOV and turbo make all sorts of noise, and try to engage me in a race. I wouldn't pay him any attention, and he would pull away from me, thinking his neon was the badest machine east of the Mississippi. After this happened about 5 times, i rolled down my back window (tinted at 5%) and told my 4 year old to wave at him. She waves at him with a big goofy smile on her face, and guess what, he still makes all this turbo noise trying to engage me in a race, and pulls away from me like he had something to prove to me and my kids.
    First off.. Dude, its a f*****g neon... Second of all, if you want to race a dude with children in his car, you have no right behind the wheel of a car.
    You just gatta keep a cool head and know that you don't have to prove anything. I know my car isn't slow, BUT i also know its not all that fast either.

Noted, I'll try my best to keep my cool, People's stupidity upsets me

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterNBG
    Noted, I'll try my best to keep my cool, People's stupidity upsets me
    It's annoying, but after you ignore their attempts, they eventually get the message. If that doesn't work, roll your window down and give them a flirty wave and blow them a kiss with the eyebrow move...

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514
    The first few months i had my '12 wrx, there was a srt4 neon that would seem to always find me right after i picked up my 4 year old, and 1 year old daughters from Daycare, and would line up next to me and make his BOV and turbo make all sorts of noise, and try to engage me in a race. I wouldn't pay him any attention, and he would pull away from me, thinking his neon was the badest machine east of the Mississippi. After this happened about 5 times, i rolled down my back window (tinted at 5%) and told my 4 year old to wave at him. She waves at him with a big goofy smile on her face, and guess what, he still makes all this turbo noise trying to engage me in a race, and pulls away from me like he had something to prove to me and my kids.
    First off.. Dude, its a f*****g neon... Second of all, if you want to race a dude with children in his car, you have no right behind the wheel of a car.
    You just gatta keep a cool head and know that you don't have to prove anything. I know my car isn't slow, BUT i also know its not all that fast either.
    Anytime an SRT4 tries to race you, just roll down your rear windows over and over again. They're manual on the Dodge, and they can't do it...

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    It's annoying, but after you ignore their attempts, they eventually get the message. If that doesn't work, roll your window down and give them a flirty wave and blow them a kiss with the eyebrow move...

Anytime an SRT4 tries to race you, just roll down your rear windows over and over again. They're manual on the Dodge, and they can't do it...
    Phhahahaha ^^^^^lol

I Support ClubWRX

haha good suggestion...I have to admit though, strait line, the srt4's are pretty fast.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    yup. this happens to the best of us. like mattypants said, just ignore them. roll up your windows & put your music louder. get in the zone! lol

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I was daily driving my mustang around when the first Fast and the Furious came out in the movies.... I would get challenged everywhere I drove... from ****can cars to legit stuff. All you need to do is just ignore them... eventually they will find an undercover blue riding behind when they are being dumb. Also where I live, police agencies used impounded car as undercovers... I remember when I was younger there being unmarked SS camaros and GT mustangs running around.
    Jason
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue 5dr-- TurboXS Catback, Forcewerks Front Lip, STI STS, 20% tint, 18x9.5 +34 Miro 398 with a 255 tire.
    1987 Ford Mustang 5.0-- Stock S/D 5.0, 150 nitrous, full drag suspension, 2900lbs with me in the car.... hanging tires since 2005. 11.97 @ 115mph with a 1.54 60ft

jeez after reading all that i must live in the land of decent racers! ive only been stop light BOV'ed once, but i also helped put the motor back into the pickup(supra engine, toyota pickup. and its gaint bird catching above hood turbo. no taste, but its hella fast.) and the guy is a friend so we got a good laugh out of it...i was in a turn lane facing a Bud Light delivery truck! the only others are people inviting me to a local drag strip or SCCoA and a track days event on the other side of the state. which i think im going to attend the SCCoA event, maybe smoke a few cones too.

racing on the streets....really?? and with kids OBVIOUSLY in the car???? REALLY??? i think ive used my onstar to report accidents twice now. glad i had it both times, really glad. our accident rate for near fatal or worse MVA is so bad a hospital nearby in norta dakota is staffing a ready team on alert 24-7 with a helicopter fueled and ready. maybe for the oilfeild guys too..... but seriously, go out and support your local SCCA chapter. race you car, a freinds car, scream WOOOOOHOOO as your squaking tires. have some cone scuffs to buff out. eat local tailgater BBQ! drive home safe(and go over every inch of your car afterwords. lol) get up the next morning and wonder if you should get the soap stick numbers washed off. maybe so, somebody in a chevy HHR SS(ive seen one. ecotec turbo. lol rev matching is cool tho) might take it the wrong way. ha!

Living in Socal I never have that issue unless I have gone to a car meet. A large number of the hondas out here are very chill people and are actually tuners. It's funny I'll sometimes drive by a hatchback honda or VW wondering to see some ricer but it's surprising it's not a ricer, it's an old couple driving it. But like Zax said, just blow them off and not worry about it. You drive your car and enjoy it, don't let anyone take that joy away from you because they want to try and race you. When in the fast lane and doing a pass, if someone is crawling up my tail at 90 plus miles an hour, then I just merge over, let them fly by and then get back into the adjacent lane.

Believe me, ricers are probably the bottom of the barrel mentality, but at the same time too they are not really the smartest or most educated bunch of people out there. Street racing, the only words I have to that are take it on a track and keep it on the track. Too many people I know have gotten killed or hurt by by either street racing or someone I know has been hurt by street racers. Good luck with your Subie and enjoy it everyday.

Surprisingly i have not really had a problem with people trying to race me. i guess its because i drive slow as ****.
    2005 WRX (Silver) SoCal Subie
    Blobeye Syndicate #1093
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...al-05-wrx.html - Build Thread
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34009765@N06/ - For whatever pics i take.
    Mikie13-Spend money on hookers and blow. That's a better intake.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Kuz
    Surprisingly i have not really had a problem with people trying to race me. i guess its because i drive slow as ****.
    They know your car is slow as ****. Get that thing fixed so we can turn up the wick...

UNYSOC

They know your car is slow as ****. Get that thing fixed so we can turn up the wick...
    ^^^^^Lol

I don't have any problems here in SoCal either. Actually, I've yet to meet more than a couple of people who even know what a WRX is. Seems like round here if it's not a muscle car, people are clueless.

Saying that, my wife brought my car home from the dealer after a service a couple of weeks ago and said she couldn't believe how many idiots drove aggressively around her. I've honestly never noticed. Perhaps I just drive too fast to notice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast