The #1 thing I HATE about owning my WRX ):< - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on The #1 thing I HATE about owning my WRX ):< within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; There is a new temp at my work who drives a new accord. We would come into work at the ...

There is a new temp at my work who drives a new accord. We would come into work at the same time, and he was always tailgating me then would switch lanes real fast and fly by me. This happened multiple times in the morning. He didn't know it was me. I finally told him one day that I was the one in the wrx and why he feels the need to mess with me? His reply was "uh, I just like going over that hill at high speeds, nice car by the way" I just laughed. He proceeded to tell me he doesn't really like his accord to much. LOL.
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This is actually the first car I've owned where I tend to just set the cruise on the highway at 5-8 mph over the speed limit (traffic is usually travelling at 10+ over on highways) and just mind my own business to avoid the jerks in other cars. I've been making a concentrated effort to not be 'one of those guys' in a WRX - and it seems that in my area those SRT4s, Civic SIs, MS3s, GTIs and the like are all on the highway. I just turn on some nice music and cruise along.

This has further reinforced my logic of not getting an exhaust and staying as 'stealthy' as a WRX can - I might even end up going front mount and removing the hood with the scoop for a regular impreza hood if the idiots keep on coming.

For some reason, when I'm at stop lights, diesel trucks tend to want to race me, too. I haven't figured it out yet - but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.

I am going to take up the 'little girl in the backseat' wave mentioned earlier if someone wants to stop-light race when my kids are in the car - that really gets me annoyed.

I used to own an RSX that I had modified... The funny thing was that I had only intake and exhaust, the rest of the mods were exterior, suspension, and interior and I never drove the car that hard and looked for trouble... But same story as others. I would have some guy who needed to prove to people that he didnt have a small penis. I would always mess with them and rev a little and get them excited and watch them be idiots. Never failed that I would just drive as usual and the other car would think he smoked an RSX...

Now that I have a WRX.... its only gotten worse hahaha. Now I just attract more idiots but whatever. I feel cool just knowing I dont lease my vehicle and have a sweet car.

I Support ClubWRX
    To be honest, I had just as many people wanting to race me in my old blazer and my old (base model) impreza. People are idiots and want to race no matter what you drive. I think I actually have less people wanting to race me now, probably because they know that my car is faster than their's (). I notice that I get a lot more "hey nice car!" mroe than anything. Maybe people in Maine are more chill though, who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    To be honest, I had just as many people wanting to race me in my old blazer and my old (base model) impreza. People are idiots and want to race no matter what you drive. I think I actually have less people wanting to race me now, probably because they know that my car is faster than their's (). I notice that I get a lot more "hey nice car!" mroe than anything. Maybe people in Maine are more chill though, who knows...
    You guys are all too busy watching out for moose to be racing!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    You guys are all too busy watching out for moose to be racing!
    I actually beat a moose from a rolling start up on 295 near houlton
    Last edited by 11blackSTi; 03-11-2013 at 03:59 AM.

I agree with having to fend off POS cars. I drive pretty "aggressively" but never tailgate, weave, or late brake. That's a quick recipe for accident. I do enjoy the occasional 0-40 red light battle though. It's jersey, there are plenty of 98 eclipses to embarrass.

Quote Originally Posted by DaLeCal View Post
    I agree with having to fend off POS cars. I drive pretty "aggressively" but never tailgate, weave, or late brake. That's a quick recipe for accident. I do enjoy the occasional 0-40 red light battle though. It's jersey, there are plenty of 98 eclipses to embarrass.
    What pisses me off the most is that 80% of the cars that want to race me are POS! I get a lot of N/A inline 4 Fart canned speed ricer wanna be's

i hate owning an 02 from VA because everything is rusty and unless heated up and soaked in PB Blaster for a week the bolts break or heads strip
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I haven't had anyone even try to race me yet and I want someone too, just so I can get that adrenaline rush, and hopefully beat them. And then feel super good about myself, and my car lol maybe it's cause I'm a girl driving this fast car, and people just don't think I know how to drive it.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    There is a tool in a 2004 a4 with a FMIC and an unpainted aftermarket from bumper that keeps trying to race me. He must drive around Santa Fe all day looking for me. I flipped him off last week then yesterday I was walking on the sidewalk with a coworker and he drove by and stuck his tounge out at me.

That's when I realized I have a yellow station wagon that can be seen in the employee parking lot next to my work, "OMG he knows Where I work, he is stalking me".
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

we do have a large contingent of over fed diesel pickups up here. seems like three to four times a day i hear them drag racing at a nearby stoplight. then i see a cloud of smoke rolling down the street after them. cough gag....but they never seem to pick on cars, only other trucks. thats ok with me, keeps the local hp's occupied as i slip past all ninja like.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123