The #1 thing I HATE about owning my WRX ):< - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on The #1 thing I HATE about owning my WRX ):< within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As others have said, you're not alone in this. Around here the WRX and STi are the target cars. Muscle ...

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    As others have said, you're not alone in this. Around here the WRX and STi are the target cars. Muscle cars are owned by *******s and old people in my area, nobody really cares or pays attention to them, but EVERYONE has their eye on the Subaru.

At least twice a week I get the typical asshat who just won't leave me alone. Just last week I had a Nissan SE-R and a Honda Accord trying to hassle me. The odd thing about it is I work nights, so I only see people either late in the evening, 0100-0200 (lunch), or early in the morning rush hour. Typically I get messed with in the 0100-0200 range. It can be very annoying, but it is also pretty easy to ignore. And honestly, I think ignoring them pisses them off more than losing any race would.

Just mind your own business, and do your thing. If they're driving unsafe around you, get off the road for a little bit, and then resume. You're never in too much of a hurry to be safe, especially when your family is involved.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    You're never in too much of a hurry to be safe, especially when your family is involved.
    +1

Just got home from work... Had a 2000 Chevy Silverado light them up at the stop light on the way home... I just looked at him and shook my head, There's a state police station not 1 mile up the road, what an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    You're never in too much of a hurry to be safe, especially when your family is involved.
    Epic, You're totally right!

I Support ClubWRX
    I guess this is the good thing about having some gray hair..I don't get harassed very often. I also drive smoothly, use turn signals, and don't really cruise at more than 6-8 over the limit on a regular basis.

There is a guy in an SRT-4 that used to pop off his BOV at me whenever he'd pass me going the other direction in the morning. I just took it as a "Hi! I have a turbo, too!"

Then there's the STI that's in the business park nearby, that tried to zoom away from me at high speed on a 45mph road. I foolishly stayed with him, out of curiosity. Stupidity on my part; a ticket for 80 or whatever in a 45 zone would be a bad move for me.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I have yet to have anyone try and race me??? Is my car broke?
    2012 Limited Black Pearl WRX
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

Diesel trucks are the worst for me. I've had at least 4 that wanted to have a go from a light . Only other cars that tried was a kid in a riced out Saturn and some guy in a Mustang.. He was tailing me in the rain down a curvy road so I planted the pedal coming out of a 25MPH corner. I looked back and he was backwards in the middle of the road.

i havent had the problem for a while until i started driving up to see my friend near a city, all highway. had a stock srt 4 pull up near me and kept doing pulls til they would get about 20 yards and slam on the brakes to avoid hitting the car in front of them. luckily i had the next exit. had a really mean sound mazdaspeed 3 near me doing pulls next to me. saw a blob eye and made me happy, caught up to it to cruise next to him at 60 then noticed it was slammed, had a roof rack with no attachments guessing just for looks, and monster energy stickers all over the rear window, then pulled up next to him just to crusie, he floored it and weaved in and out a few cars while i facepalmed and watched him fly under the bridge where i got my speeding ticket. sadly he didnt get pulled over
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Happens all the time here in OKC. Just yesterday some high school kid in a pretty nice mustang gt was revving up and giving me the evil eye. Dude, I'm in the left turn lane! I just gave him a quick spool and he hung his head, rolled up his window, and became distracted by something in his car. Other people can and will drive like idiots, just don't let it get the best of you.
    Last edited by mlryan; 02-25-2013 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    i havent had the problem for a while until i started driving up to see my friend near a city, all highway. had a stock srt 4 pull up near me and kept doing pulls til they would get about 20 yards and slam on the brakes to avoid hitting the car in front of them. luckily i had the next exit. had a really mean sound mazdaspeed 3 near me doing pulls next to me. saw a blob eye and made me happy, caught up to it to cruise next to him at 60 then noticed it was slammed, had a roof rack with no attachments guessing just for looks, and monster energy stickers all over the rear window, then pulled up next to him just to crusie, he floored it and weaved in and out a few cars while i facepalmed and watched him fly under the bridge where i got my speeding ticket. sadly he didnt get pulled over
    Mark...so mature of you!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I have also noticed this problem. I have experienced it more in my Trans am, I guess this because its obviously modified out the ass. Although, there have been a couple ocassions in my sleeper wrx where people would do this. There are two guys that are always trying to get me to do something. I only see them every now and then. One drives a civic SI and he other is a camaro SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Mark...so mature of you!
    haha im trying!
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmack View Post
    I have yet to have anyone try and race me??? Is my car broke?
    You have to drive your car for this to happen
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

zingggggggggg
    Marky Mark
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography

I like a good stoplight to stoplight or a 0-60 run every now and again but it doesn't happen all that often. Maybe because it tends to be during heavier traffic and don't have that long a drive.
    I did get a lot more challenges in my Eclipse and ALL THE TIME on my CBR. That was always really annoying because it would mostly happen on the freeway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast