Dynolicious App - Anyone else use it?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Dynolicious App - Anyone else use it? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Dynolicious is an app for the iphone that uses the accelerometer in the phone to calculate 0-60 times, hp, how ...

Dynolicious is an app for the iphone that uses the accelerometer in the phone to calculate 0-60 times, hp, how many Gs you're pulling as well as other things. It's been around for a while now, but I got it a couple months ago.

Here's a comparison of the app results to an actual run at the track that convinced me to get it (at 4m26s) : iPhone Dynolicious Software Better than G-Tech?

I was mostly interested in seeing what 0-60 time I could get, without beating on the car too much. I don't want to do quarter mile times hitting 100mph on the street. At first I was not launching at all and was getting around 7 seconds or so. I felt I could do better, so I read a little about launching these cars (launching the wrx) and decided to try it at lower RPM. I tried a couple mini launches (from around 2500 rpm) and my best run was 6 flat. I found myself wanting to launch harder, and practice more to get better at it, but then my responsible side kicked in and said "don't abuse your daily driver, jerkface". So I haven't used it in a couple weeks...

Anyways, I was curious if others have used the Dynolicious app, what their settings are, what they thought of it, and how they use it. I think it's great as long as it's setup properly, mounted and used on an empty road.

My Settings:
    • Rollout - 12"
    • Trigger - .14 G
    • Weight - 3300 lbs
    • Drivetrain Loss - 20%

Screenshot:
    Last edited by santorex; 02-21-2013 at 09:17 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I use this app. The dyno part is cool. I personally like the skidpad part of the app a little more. Here is how I used it to dial in my Koni inerts.

Koni inserts with STi springs. Time to dial in. - NASIOC
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

You guys have the classic version or the fusion version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

hmm may have to download that app
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Quote Originally Posted by SoFloRex View Post
    You guys have the classic version or the fusion version?
    It's the classic version. The Fusion version is supposed to bring in a social aspect, which I'm not sure about, but I would think it would include the same underlying features. I just wish the classic version uploaded your runs to their server. Everything is only stored on your phone, so you have to save the graphs to your photos, and take screen grabs of the slip, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by santorex View Post
    It's the classic version. The Fusion version is supposed to bring in a social aspect, which I'm not sure about, but I would think it would include the same underlying features. I just wish the classic version uploaded your runs to their server. Everything is only stored on your phone, so you have to save the graphs to your photos, and take screen grabs of the slip, etc.
    Do you know if the fusion version records your runs on a server? Or is it the same as classic with having to take screen shots of everything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Here's mine stage 2 dynolicious
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361643376.201775.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	112139

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.