TOP SPEED - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on TOP SPEED within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; +1 Thanks indeed! That was very cool....

+1 Thanks indeed! That was very cool.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Very cool, thanks for sharing. Curious as to what transmission/gearing he's running. That wiggle while slowing down would have required some new pants.

04 STi six speed with PPG drag gears.. 6th is .707, final is 3.9, tire is 832 revoloutions per mile. They said the stock STi rotors were warped to hell after two practice runs. They switched to DBA rotors and didn't have an issue with them the rest of the weekend.

If you think that wiggle was scary, take a look at this Camaro from 2011.. fastest car that year.

That might brown the shorts a bit. Good thing they have a lot of space, though I would hate to get too sideways on concrete.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looked like he pulled a chute and still had all that drama - I don't think he would have had a chance otherwise.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I had my 04 WRX Stage 2 clocked on radar on a slight downhill at 159 mph on a 2 lane interstate. I did this twice in a row with the same final speed. The elevation was about 1200 ft in Northern New Hampshire, but it was cool and dry, great condition for a run.

The car felt stable up to about 145ish, after that the lift became noticable (read: pucker factor 10) and from 150 to 159 was scary as hell, it went from solid as a rock to loose and darting around in a second.

The car was lowered on Tein springs with a splitter and WRX wing. Still, pretty impressive for a car worth about $10k.

the fastest that ive my stock 12 wrx was about 130 before i took my foot out of it. she still had pleanty of more power but there were cars coming up quick lol.

I usually get an extra 4-8 MPH in school zones, I hear there is a gravitational anomaly that slightly increases top speed, power and helps improve drift characteristics of our cars.
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Meh, it's not drag that's the problem (Bugeyes have a Cd of 0.32, which is similar to many super cars), but the actual dynamics behind the aero... A Ferrari Enzo may have a Cd of 0.34, but much of that drag is re-purposed into downforce. Not the case on an Impreza!
    Nonsense. Have you seen the spoiler on a STI??? Dope downforce ftw!!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234