Feral cats sitting in intercooler duct.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Feral cats sitting in intercooler duct. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wondering if anyone has any for keeping feral cats off the hood and out of the intercooler duct. Every ...

Just wondering if anyone has any for keeping feral cats off the hood and out of the intercooler duct.

Every night when I leave work, I find fur, paw prints, last week found blood. It's getting frustrating to say the least.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

put a defibrilator in your hood scoop with the buttons taped down.

I have a problem with rats in the engine bay of vehicles at my house. They are simply looking for a warm place to sleep on these cold nights. My wife and I now leave the hoods of our cars up when we get home to allow the engine bay to cool quickly. I then go out and close them before I go to bed. Don't know whether this is possible/safe where you work.

I used to have a problem with cats climbing on my car elsewhere 15 years ago or so. I carried a small bottle of pepper in the car and when leaving the car for the night, I'd sprinkle just a little pepper on the corners of the bumpers and a little on the ground around the car. Seemed to work as they don't like pepper much. You can also go to a pet store and get something called bitter apple. It's meant to stop animals licking or chewing things (or themselves), so I'm not sure how much it smells. But it might be worth spraying a little of that around your car. Maybe not on the bodywork though.

But, please, whatever you do, don't resort to any kind of poison. It's a horrible way to die and cats are just trying to survive the same as we are.

Prob'ly found a warm place to nap in... I'd try and make a "plug" out of styrofoam and close the scoop. Of course you'd have to put a red band on it "remove before flight"...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Hey Noob! Use the sear...wait, what?

That's a tough one. I imagine they're doing that because of the residual heat. I don't know what you could do for the hood, or what you could put into the scoop to keep them out of there that they wouldn't just pull out if they want to.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Oh, the other thing you could do is get an alarm with a proximity sensor. I used to have one on an old car. Every time someone (or thing) walks near it, it buzzes. A little more costly than sprinkling pepper though.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yikes. I normally wouldn't recommend this but looks like you need a scoop grill & a dog in your car. And I guess it is too late for a clearbra.

The proximity sensor sounds like a good idea. Would have to be with an aftermarket alarm though & is tough to fine tune. Or get a factory shock sensor ,although I'm not sure how much you can fine tune that to detect a cat on the hood.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

You don't use Tag for Sick Cats, do you!?

I did think of that bitter apples spray, but: 1. Not sure about what it might do to the paint, and 2. That's more for stopping chewing or licking, which I don't imagine the cats are doing to your hood.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX

Not cool.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Not cool.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm only kidding...I throw the ferals that live under the warfs up here in Portland some food occasionally...

Try one of these... Classic Accessories PolyPro Car Cover (Application: Cars 191" - 210" long) at Blain's Farm & Fleet

a small bowl of antifreeze sitting by your car will take of that problem...

I Support ClubWRX

Quote Originally Posted by mlryan View Post
    a small bowl of antifreeze sitting by your car will take of that problem...
    Not only will you have dead cats around your car, but also any other poor animal that wanders by.

I'm hardly a PETA member, but I vastly prefer deterrent methods for animals that are still outdoors rather than outright killing. The car cover idea is a good one. I'm lucky enough to have an enclosed garage to park in.

For animals that have invaded my home, such as the mice we had last year, I maintain a scorched earth policy.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Mark your territory on your hood?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast