Feral cats sitting in intercooler duct. - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Feral cats sitting in intercooler duct. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 The more I think about it...some well placed C4 might do an even better job. With ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    The more I think about it...some well placed C4 might do an even better job.
    With a little gas and a cigarette, you'd be good to go!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The more I think about it...some well placed C4 might do an even better job.
    Slightly NSFW towards the end***

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    With a little gas and a cigarette, you'd be good to go!

Well played sir...little cross thread referencing. I like your style.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Leave a vacuum cleaner running. They'll never come anywhere near it.
    Protect your ears! Follow NIOSH Guidelines to protect your hearing.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by drkhead View Post
    Leave a vacuum cleaner running. They'll never come anywhere near it.
    I think they'll adapt. A friend once left a cat for us to watch. I don't own cats (allergies) so I don't know much about them, but I noticed this one would not even get out of the way of the vacuum cleaner.

We asked and were told the cat is not only used to the vacuum noise, but the owner vacuums the cat itself once in a while.

I thought cats were self-cleaning but I can see how vacuuming would help.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    My wife's cat from back in the day wasn't even afraid when we'd roll up to her in the family van. Of course, my wife fixed that one fine morning, when she rolled over her.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes down the street there's a very fluffy cat that lays right in the middle of the road and only sometimes wakes up to glance at the car, slowly.

I sometimes catch Alf reruns. He ate cats. However, he was ultimately captured and I believe dissected.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's a funny thing about cats...I used to very much consider myself to be a "cat person", and to this day, our housecat prefers me to everyone else, because I (historically) lavish attention on her. Then we got a retriever...and somehow it's completely changed the feline's status in the house and in our heads. The dog is so much more interactive, present for events, etc. I catch myself thinking of the cat as "superfluous pet number 8...yet another mouth I have to feed", or something. (the kids also have guinea pigs...the hamsters, hermit crabs, and gold fish have all died).

Don't get me wrong; we treat her right. Just no longer the "primary" pet.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I sometimes catch Alf reruns. He ate cats. However, he was ultimately captured and I believe dissected.
    What? They dissected ALF? I never knew this.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I feel like the best thing to do would be to feed them.

Set out some diet coke and mentos. They will enjoy it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    What? They dissected ALF? I never knew this.
    The Government does not want you to know. They (you know who, "them") revealed in the early episodes that they were looking for an alien that they wanted to capture and test (read: torture by freezing, burning, etc.). Alf hid from them for years, but when he received a message from two of his species that they'd found a better planet and were going to pick him up, he went to the rendezvous point but "they" (you know, "them") intercepted him, scared off the aliens, and arrested Alf.

In a movie after the series finale, Alf is awaiting execution at a secret lab where they (you know who, "them") have imprisoned him. He escapes but he seems very different, I think due to years of torture etc. His human friends have moved abroad meanwhile so he is messed up and with nowhere to go.

Great fun show.

PS Watch out for them. They're coming.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    The Government does not want you to know. They (you know who, "them") revealed in the early episodes that they were looking for an alien that they wanted to capture and test (read: torture by freezing, burning, etc.). Alf hid from them for years, but when he received a message from two of his species that they'd found a better planet and were going to pick him up, he went to the rendezvous point but "they" (you know, "them") intercepted him, scared off the aliens, and arrested Alf.

In a movie after the series finale, Alf is awaiting execution at a secret lab where they (you know who, "them") have imprisoned him. He escapes but he seems very different, I think due to years of torture etc. His human friends have moved abroad meanwhile so he is messed up and with nowhere to go.

Great fun show.

PS Watch out for them. They're coming.
    Hah. Good synopsis. I remember being mesmerized by the show as a child. Of course back then I was quite certain he was real. I'm still not quite sure. I remember he used to like eating cats.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Hah. Good synopsis. I remember being mesmerized by the show as a child. Of course back then I was quite certain he was real. I'm still not quite sure. I remember he used to like eating cats.
    The Goverment denies Alf ever existed in reality.

The studio toned him down because kids either actually or at least reportedly started liking the show and doing terrible things to cats as a result. In the end it all ended in tears.

Most things do.

I feel like the best thing to do would be to feed them.

Set out some diet coke and mentos. They will enjoy it.
    I thought that only blew up stomachs on birds???

Feral cats are the worst, scratch the crap out of your paint when they jump on your car. Who is gonna cover their car in a random neighborhood one night???? That's all it took for what looked like 30 cats humped on my hood. Cost me $500 deductible to fix.

I'm fine with pets, but don't let your pets run free.... if I would have caught those little sh*&s....... I'd also like to catch the bastard cat that keeps planting it's crap in my garden. At least dogs don't crap in your food. Keep your pet out of my yard/damaging my property or you won't have a pet.

P.S. Loving dog owner here - but I NEVER LET MY DOG OUTSIDE WITHOUT ME. It's on a leash with me or wife every time - NO EXCEPTION. I expect the same respect for my property from others.
    Last edited by STiDriven; 02-02-2013 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    I have a problem with rats in the engine bay of vehicles at my house. They are simply looking for a warm place to sleep on these cold nights. My wife and I now leave the hoods of our cars up when we get home to allow the engine bay to cool quickly. I then go out and close them before I go to bed. Don't know whether this is possible/safe where you work.

I used to have a problem with cats climbing on my car elsewhere 15 years ago or so. I carried a small bottle of pepper in the car and when leaving the car for the night, I'd sprinkle just a little pepper on the corners of the bumpers and a little on the ground around the car. Seemed to work as they don't like pepper much. You can also go to a pet store and get something called bitter apple. It's meant to stop animals licking or chewing things (or themselves), so I'm not sure how much it smells. But it might be worth spraying a little of that around your car. Maybe not on the bodywork though.

But, please, whatever you do, don't resort to any kind of poison. It's a horrible way to die and cats are just trying to survive the same as we are.
    Cat's love pepper.....they hate cinnamon.
    2004 STi

Blitz DTT-DCII
    COBB Stage 2
    Invidia Catless DP
    HKS Hiper Cat-back
    Greddy: EGT, Boost, Oil Press Gauges
    Perrin Oil Catch Can

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast