Feral cats sitting in intercooler duct. - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Feral cats sitting in intercooler duct. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 11blackSTi I'm only kidding...I throw the ferals that live under the warfs up here in Portland some ...

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I'm only kidding...I throw the ferals that live under the warfs up here in Portland some food occasionally...

Try one of these... Classic Accessories PolyPro Car Cover (Application: Cars 191" - 210" long) at Blain's Farm & Fleet
    +1 We used to live next to the stereotypical "cat-lady". Cover helped, but then they started to sleep on the cover =/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

get an animal trap and place it near your car at night, put in some cat food in it. take them to the spca until they are all gone. or you could save the spca the hassle of euthanizing them and use the cat food/ rat poison mix and get rid of them for good on your own

thanks for all the suggestions! I am going to start with the pepper, then try the apple bitter. There are two other WRXs here at work, I think the cats just go for the person who gets here first. I should start being tardy. hah!

I Support ClubWRX
    Make a perimeter around the car on the tarmac rather than on any painted surfaces of the car itself.

The typical products use a number of volatiles, from pepper derivatives to simple ketones. They should generally all work to some extent or other. Once you have established in the animals' minds that your car isn't a good option you will likely not have to continue use, you should be able to taper off use after a while. If there are multiple generations emerging that's another story, you'll have to repeat the lesson; in any case, where there are cats there are not likely snakes or rats, so there's that on a positive note.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Why has no one suggested a simple car cover yet? I had cats my entire life growing up and they were inside/outside. They love sleeping on cars because of the heat. With the car cover all the will do is sleep on top of it. They aren't going to crawl under it and get into the hood scoop.

Buy a cheap one from Walmart so if someones decides to steal it you won't be out much money.

EDIT: Oops someone did already lol
    I'm only kidding...I throw the ferals that live under the warfs up here in Portland some food occasionally...

Try one of these... Classic Accessories PolyPro Car Cover (Application: Cars 191" - 210" long) at Blain's Farm & Fleet
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    A car cover is a hassle and expense compared to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methyl_nonyl_ketone

and it won't prevent the cats being attracted to the car since they can simply go under the car and end up in the engine bay anyway.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    A car cover is a hassle and expense compared to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methyl_nonyl_ketone

and it won't prevent the cats being attracted to the car since they can simply go under the car and end up in the engine bay anyway.
    Yeah squash a bunch of bananas and strawberries all around your car...Much less hassle

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Pellet gun.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah squash a bunch of bananas and strawberries all around your car...Much less hassle
    Me nonyl ketone is available as the active ingredient in any number of sprays available at pet stores. Inexpensive and it works. Will generally keep any mammal away. How long could be an issue if it's rainy or warm out, for for a cold dry climate this could be the ticket.

I find it troubling that so many people think it acceptable to shoot domesticated animals. I very much hope these comments are just made in jest. I don't see how this is any different from a homeless person curling up on the hood of your car. Would it be ok to suggest shooting them?

Feral isn't domesticated.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Feral isn't domesticated.
    It's a domesticated species. Not that the "domesticated" part is really the point. How would you like to be shot while just minding your own business, looking for a warm place to take a nap? We're all made of the same basic stuff. The only difference between us and them is that they don't speak English. I'm simply asking for a little empathy, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    It's a domesticated species. Not that the "domesticated" part is really the point. How would you like to be shot while just minding your own business, looking for a warm place to take a nap? We're all made of the same basic stuff. The only difference between us and them is that they don't speak English. I'm simply asking for a little empathy, that's all.
    I'm all for figuring this out without injuring/harming anyone, but saying "The only difference between us and them is that they don't speak English," is ridiculous. Put a car cover on and try any citrus based spray - at the dealer I worked at these in combo worked wonders.

I Support ClubWRX
    I was just kidding about shooting it. Especially if it was sitting on my hood

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast