Those of you that sold your '11+ for another, what did u get for your car?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Those of you that sold your '11+ for another, what did u get for your car? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sorry for the long thread title, oh and not selling my car. Just want a realistic idea on what you ...

Those of you that sold your '11+ for another, what did u get for your car?

Sorry for the long thread title, oh and not selling my car. Just want a realistic idea on what you actually got for your call when you sold it or traded it in.

Also, my wife's 2011 Subaru Outback came with guaranteed trade in. This is a set amount Subaru will give you for your car providing its 100% original, in near perfect shape, no accidents and under a certain milage. Does anyone know if the WRX models come with this too? I don't remember the salesman saying anything about it when I got my '13 back in Sept.

Trying to align myself for the next WRX if it is drastically better than the current. May not do it though if it is not as aggressive driving or looking if you know what I mean, like when the current platform came out in 2008 nearly stillborn.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I, for one, would never trade in a one-year old car, but that's just me. Why did you buy a '13 if you were so curious about the next model? Cars depreciate the fastest in the first year of ownership, so you'd basically be eating the worst amount of depreciation possible. A great bargain for a dealer, but sucks for you...
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Cars depreciate the fastest in the first year of ownership, so you'd basically be eating the worst amount of depreciation possible. A great bargain for a dealer, but sucks for you...
    I used to preach this, but now every time I mention it, the person involved tells me that they're getting a fortune for the trade-in on their used car, etc. I always have a hard time believing it (since that never happens to me! ), but who knows?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I used to preach this, but now every time I mention it, the person involved tells me that they're getting a fortune for the trade-in on their used car, etc. I always have a hard time believing it (since that never happens to me! ), but who knows?
    LOL..Well i looked at trading my new Focus ST that i bought for a WRX and 5 different dealers told me i would take about a 7k hit and the car was only 2 months old!! So i had to sell it before i got my new WRX thank god it sold and i got my Rex!!! Now i hear WRX's hold there value really well but i still think you would take a good hit!

I Support ClubWRX
    My thoughts exactly. Everyone seems to be getting back what they paid for the car without any loss !!!
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

That's what's nice about the guaranteed trade in, if say you only are losing $1000-$1500 to get into let's hypothetically say the all new WRX is superior to the current in every way. That is not necessarily a bad decision if you get a good deal on the new one to boot.

I bought a '13 WRX because I've always wanted one since the Bug eye versions came out, I couldn't afford one new back then, let alone the insurance. I'm now at a point where I can comfortably afford this car as my weekend "fun car". I also bought my '13 back in sept when the '13 cars were first released, I wasn't sure if and even the dealer had said these were to be the last WRX models for Subaru , so I wanted to buy a new un-molested one before they don't make them anymore.

Since then I've seen the test mules on the Internet for the next WRX, the company has confirmed a 2.0 turbo boxer, derived from the BRZ line, if this car has a standard 6-speed, gets better mpg's and has a bump in power that might be enough to consider trading or selling the current one.

I'm not asking for financial advice as everyone's is different from the next, I've just noticed a lot of people in this forum show in their sigs that they have had '11 & '12 WRX's and have traded or sold them only to get a newer one for whatever reason etc... Just trying to see what those folks got for their car when they did sell. That's all, if I want financial advise, I'll ask my CPA thanks, not an automotive oriented Internet forum.
    Last edited by Pool Runner; 01-15-2013 at 11:58 AM.
    Current vehicles:

I Support ClubWRX
    The closest I've ever come was with my G35c. I decided to part with it and drive my truck for a while, so we could make some more progress on college savings for the kids. That car happened to hold on to it's value pretty well, back then, and I wound up losing $1000 for 3 months of use. If it had been a bad hit, I would have just held on to it.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool Runner View Post
    That's all, if I want financial advise, I'll ask my CPA thanks, not an automotive oriented Internet forum.
    Don't be so quick to judge. I've learned to respect the advice of a number of folks on this forum, in matters ranging from finance to parenting. I tend to value life experience over education history...but then, I'm old.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Since then I've seen the test mules on the Internet for the next WRX, the company has confirmed a 2.0 turbo boxer, derived from the BRZ line, if this car has a standard 6-speed, gets better mpg's and has a bump in power that might be enough to consider trading or selling the current one.
    What test mule? And when did Subaru confirm the engine?!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Don't be so quick to judge. I've learned to respect the advice of a number of folks on this forum, in matters ranging from finance to parenting. I tend to value life experience over education history...but then, I'm old.
    Well said and true, I just can't stand when you ask this and get that in a thread. No offense takin just trying to keep the thread on course. Cheers.
    Current vehicles:

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    What test mule? And when did Subaru confirm the engine?!
    There are tons of these pics on the net but here is an example of a '12+ Impreza mule shod with '11+ era wheels and the quad exhausts.

Last edited by Pool Runner; 01-15-2013 at 12:23 PM.
    Current vehicles:

I Support ClubWRX
    Well said and true, I just can't stand when you ask this and get that in a thread. No offense takin just trying to keep the thread on course. Cheers.
    Fair enough..
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

There are tons of these pics on the net but here is an example of a '12+ Impreza mule shod with '11+ era wheels and the quad exhausts.
    Ah yes, that one. Doesn't tell us anything about the next gen wrx really though. The only test mule pics I've seen have been in no way a basis for any kind of decision about "will I want a next gen wrx." Was just curious if you had seen a new mule.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Regarding the guaranteed trade in concept, your best bet is to just call the dealer (or several, if that's an option to you) and ask. We can play guessing games all day, but the only opinion that really matters here is what the dealer is willing to pay, and only they can answer that. Compare their offer against local private party sales and see what works best for you. Who knows? Perhaps the new model will be horrible and start some panic buying for '13 models, giving you a real price advantage, but none of us can accurately speculate on that, so it's best to just discuss this personally with your dealer.

If you find anything out and are willing to share, though, I'd be curious what sort of offer they give you.
    Last edited by Rambo; 01-15-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

That's what's nice about the guaranteed trade in, if say you only are losing $1000-$1500 to get into let's hypothetically say the all new WRX is superior to the current in every way. That is not necessarily a bad decision if you get a good deal on the new one to boot.

I bought a '13 WRX because I've always wanted one since the Bug eye versions came out, I couldn't afford one new back then, let alone the insurance. I'm now at a point where I can comfortably afford this car as my weekend "fun car". I also bought my '13 back in sept when the '13 cars were first released, I wasn't sure if and even the dealer had said these were to be the last WRX models for Subaru , so I wanted to buy a new un-molested one before they don't make them anymore.

I'm not asking for financial advice as everyone's is different from the next, I've just noticed a lot of people in this forum show in their sigs that they have had '11 & '12 WRX's and have traded or sold them only to get a newer one for whatever reason etc... Just trying to see what those folks got for their car when they did sell. That's all, if I want financial advise, I'll ask my CPA thanks, not an automotive oriented Internet forum.
    I knew this info when i bought my 13 WRX last week and still went with it! For a couple of reasons.. 1st i always wait and never buy a first Gen new car its got to work out the bugs over a couple of years in my mind! 2nd i dont see a 2.0 having much more hp then a 2.5 boxer and im sure it might from the factory but it will be just cause they gave it a better tune! Going to the 2.0 is because they are trying to keep up with the rest of the industry with fuel mileage! Thats never a good thing when it come to power performance most of the time! For all we know the new Gen could be the next bad batch WRX till they iron things out! I will stick with my new 13 till i see different..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast