Those of you that sold your '11+ for another, what did u get for your car? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Those of you that sold your '11+ for another, what did u get for your car? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX Don't be so quick to judge. I've learned to respect the advice of a number of ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Don't be so quick to judge. I've learned to respect the advice of a number of folks on this forum, in matters ranging from finance to parenting. I tend to value life experience over education history...but then, I'm old.
    I happen to be a CPA if anyone is looking for financial advice

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I happen to be a CPA if anyone is looking for financial advice
    Wanna do my taxes?
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Wanna do my taxes?
    As long as you pay me under the table
    Last edited by 11blackSTi; 01-15-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zman13 View Post
    I knew this info when i bought my 13 WRX last week and still went with it! For a couple of reasons.. 1st i always wait and never buy a first Gen new car its got to work out the bugs over a couple of years in my mind! 2nd i dont see a 2.0 having much more hp then a 2.5 boxer and im sure it might from the factory but it will be just cause they gave it a better tune! Going to the 2.0 is because they are trying to keep up with the rest of the industry with fuel mileage! Thats never a good thing when it come to power performance most of the time! For all we know the new Gen could be the next bad batch WRX till they iron things out! I will stick with my new 13 till i see different..
    This is basically why I went and just bought my 2013 sedan. I know full well it's probably the last model year for this car. Next year will most likely boast 30 ish mpgs, direct injection, 6spd. All desirable elements in my mind. But given the current trend at Subaru(I'm going off the 2014 forester here) of bottom mount turbos. although i doubt subaru will debut this on a wrx. a lot of manufactures seem to be going the integrated manifold route(which i hate) top that with the the fact that its gonna be the first year of a new model. That's enough to not bother waiting. I personally don't care if the wrx has 300hp and a six speed. Whatever it has I'm going to be happy with my 2013. Regardless of how much. "Cooler" or "faster" the next one is

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    This is basically why I went and just bought my 2013 sedan. I know full well it's probably the last model year for this car. Next year will most likely boast 30 ish mpgs, direct injection, 6spd. All desirable elements in my mind. But given the current trend at Subaru(I'm going off the 2014 forester here) of bottom mount turbos. although i doubt subaru will debut this on a wrx. a lot of manufactures seem to be going the integrated manifold route(which i hate) top that with the the fact that its gonna be the first year of a new model. That's enough to not bother waiting. I personally don't care if the wrx has 300hp and a six speed. Whatever it has I'm going to be happy with my 2013. Regardless of how much. "Cooler" or "faster" the next one is
    Good attitude, cause manufacturers are always striving for "cooler" and "faster", and it is easy to get caught thinking the grass is greener instead of appreciating the car you have. I personally can only hope that no matter how much more power and mpgs and whatnot future gens have, that I'll be half as proud of my 3rd gen in 8 or so years as bugeye owners are of their cars.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Good attitude, cause manufacturers are always striving for "cooler" and "faster", and it is easy to get caught thinking the grass is greener instead of appreciating the car you have. I personally can only hope that no matter how much more power and mpgs and whatnot future gens have, that I'll be half as proud of my 3rd gen in 8 or so years as bugeye owners are of their cars.
    That would certainly be a deal breaker for me if the classic UEL header design, giving the WRX that famous rumble went away. I'm thinking that its not, just on the premise that all of the mule pictures floating around of that Impreza show a scoop for a top mount IC. There would be a considerable amount of plumbing needed to route a bottom mount turbo to a top mount IC.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

I don't think the next gen WRX will offer significantly better performance. The current generation already offers best in class performance and is the only performance car I can think of in that price range with AWD.

I think Subaru is going to add refinement, just like they did with the 2012 Impreza. This is where the WRX is currently lagging behind competition like the Focus ST and GTI, not in performance.

If that is indeed what happens, I will be perfectly happy to stay with my '12. I want a car with character and performance, refinement isn't something I'm looking for in a car. If I could have a new one as raw and unrefined as I've heard the bugeyes are (no first hand experience) I'd go for it in a second.

I Support ClubWRX
    I heard a guy once sold his 07 Limited STI & later got an 05 STI.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikana View Post
    I don't think the next gen WRX will offer significantly better performance. The current generation already offers best in class performance and is the only performance car I can think of in that price range with AWD.

I think Subaru is going to add refinement, just like they did with the 2012 Impreza. This is where the WRX is currently lagging behind competition like the Focus ST and GTI, not in performance.

If that is indeed what happens, I will be perfectly happy to stay with my '12. I want a car with character and performance, refinement isn't something I'm looking for in a car. If I could have a new one as raw and unrefined as I've heard the bugeyes are (no first hand experience) I'd go for it in a second.
    Ya maybe a tad more refinement but they are mainly going for better Fuel mileage! Going to bump the engine back down to a 2.0 and use possibly an electric Turbo.. Which im not a fan of that idea at all.. I stick with My 2.5 and keep it till the next 2.5 comes out again! They will probably have it tuned for the same or a little more horsepower then the current Gen from the Factory but will close to maxed out and not have the power capability of the 2.5 just to get better MPG's!

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Sounds like someone with very interesting thought processes.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Was it because of his mom?

I knew another guy with serious automotive ADD...bought a 2002 WRX, modded it, sold it, bought an Infiniti, sold it a few months later, and then bought another 2002 WRX.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Was it because of his mom?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12