How long have you had your CURRENT Subie? - Page 2

View Poll Results: How long have you had your CURRENT Subie?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-3 years

77 70.00%
  • 3-5 years

10 9.09%
  • 5-7 years

8 7.27%
  • 7-10 years

8 7.27%
  • Over 10 years

7 6.36%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on How long have you had your CURRENT Subie? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 26 days and loving it!! First Subaru...

How long have you had your CURRENT Subie?

26 days and loving it!! First Subaru

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Two and a half weeks. Where's the 0 years option?

Bought mine new in July of 2002. I still love it.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    I would have had the over ten years in a couple of months.
    You gave me a start there, John. At first read, it sounded like you'd sold your wagon.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You gave me a start there, John. At first read, it sounded like you'd sold your wagon.
    That would be blasphemy. I'd raise hell on the fact that the wheels alone had been sold.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    I think it would be cause for organized protest. That beautimous yellow wagon in the hands of some flat-brimmed miscreant is one of the signs of the coming apocalypse, I believe.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I think it would be cause for organized protest. That beautimous yellow wagon in the hands of some flat-brimmed miscreant is one of the signs of the coming apocalypse, I believe.
    It will be a pile of rust in my yard one day
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

My WRX is only 1 year and 5 months old to me and I'm still loving it. However it is not the only Subaru I have experienced!

My parents bought the popular legacy outback hatchback. I think it is a 2000? 2002 at the latest. Anyways, I learned to drive on that car, my dad used it as his DD/snow-warrior and really racked on the miles. Then it went to my mom as a DD where it got the most abuse (ha!) and then to us teenagers to learn to drive.

My dad has replaced a few wheel bearings and other small stuff, but overall it has been great. It did have one bad accident where it was only a hundred bucks or so from being totaled (mom wanted a new car lol), but they fixed it up and it continued to live. It leaked a little coolant somewhere but I think that was fixed up too. Now it is used as a backup vehicle and my youngest brother is learning to drive on it. Last I checked it was sitting at 220k+ miles, but I think it has a bit more now. It's a little scary to drive, but I don't doubt it will still get you where you need to go.

That car is definitely a reason I leaned towards a Subaru. I know a WRX isn't the same and I don't expect it to go quite that far, but it does give me hope!

double post failure

Quote Originally Posted by Axex View Post
    My WRX is only 1 year and 5 months old to me and I'm still loving it. However it is not the only Subaru I have experienced!

My parents bought the popular legacy outback hatchback. I think it is a 2000? 2002 at the latest. Anyways, I learned to drive on that car, my dad used it as his DD/snow-warrior and really racked on the miles. Then it went to my mom as a DD where it got the most abuse (ha!) and then to us teenagers to learn to drive.

My dad has replaced a few wheel bearings and other small stuff, but overall it has been great. It did have one bad accident where it was only a hundred bucks or so from being totaled (mom wanted a new car lol), but they fixed it up and it continued to live. It leaked a little coolant somewhere but I think that was fixed up too. Now it is used as a backup vehicle and my youngest brother is learning to drive on it. Last I checked it was sitting at 220k+ miles, but I think it has a bit more now. It's a little scary to drive, but I don't doubt it will still get you where you need to go.

That car is definitely a reason I leaned towards a Subaru. I know a WRX isn't the same and I don't expect it to go quite that far, but it does give me hope!
    I dunno, treat it right and it'll last. I'm coming up on 160k at Stage 2+ and expecting quite a lot more out of it.

-17 days.... im dying waiting to get my hands on my delicious SWP... and i'm sure ill keep it for over 6 years.. good family car.... carry the kids (when i have kids) and still run the tracks sometimes

I Support ClubWRX
    I've had Teh Fabulous Trashwagon three weeks shy of 11 years.
    I've had my OBXT three weeks shy of 5 years.

Not a Subie, but I've had my MGA about 12 1/2 years.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Re: How long have you had your CURRENT Subie?

Umm about 3 hours.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by smorris View Post
    three weeks shy of 11 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Sep View Post
    about 3 hours.
    That's about as opposite as we're going to find. There are very few people on the forum who have had their WRX longer than mine, and probably fewer that have had one less than yours!
    Last edited by smorris; 01-21-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

I Support ClubWRX

How long have you had your CURRENT Subie?

July 2002. The car was built in May 2002.

I cannot emphasize enough that if the car doesn't make 200k mi Subaru will never see any more money from me. 21st century cars; 21st century expectations. I should be there within 3 years or so and the car will barely be 15 years old - still new!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast