Best 100 $ deal or less off Craigslist you've found?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Best 100 $ deal or less off Craigslist you've found? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'll start I found a seibon cf hood with reverse scoop and vents. 100$ picked up super proud of this ...

I'll start I found a seibon cf hood with reverse scoop and vents. 100$ picked up super proud of this find just needs some sanding. How about you guys?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I keep hearing the stock hood is lighter than CF being it's aluminum. Any truth in this?

Picked up a Helix catless downpipe for $100 even =)
    I'm happy.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    Any truth in this?
    Depends on the model year.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    I keep hearing the stock hood is lighter than CF being it's aluminum. Any truth in this?
    It's true for bugeyes, not sure about the other years.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    It's true for bugeyes, not sure about the other years.
    It is as well on the blobs and hawks as well...dunno about the new gens though.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX

The new cars have reverted to steel.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    that is likely why the new gens come with hood struts from the factory....cause the hood is rather heavy

for recent local deals....I could get fiberglass front fenders for 78-81 BRAT at $40 each

Also, 2004 WRX wheels, good condition, $50 for the set
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post

Also, 2004 WRX wheels, good condition, $50 for the set
    Great price! That would make someone looking for a set of winter wheels quite happy

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah....passed it to a co-worker with an '05 wagon. Somehow he has to think about it
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    yeah....passed it to a co-worker with an '05 wagon. Somehow he has to think about it

I know exactly which set of rims you are refering to, I've been eyeballing them for a few days now......but I just bought an ugly set of old forester rims to use for the winter a few weeks ago.
    Somebody is gonna get a great deal.

It could be lighter but it can't be by much nothing that would make you change your mind about. I have an obp bugeye and I plan on painting it black

And I'm Goin for the batmobile look so yea =p

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1587 View Post
    I know exactly which set of rims you are refering to, I've been eyeballing them for a few days now......but I just bought an ugly set of old forester rims to use for the winter a few weeks ago.
    Somebody is gonna get a great deal.
    I know....I got a set of LGT snowflakes last year for $300, and that was a good deal compared to some prices on various forums. I am almost tempted to pick them up just cause.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BugeyedBaller View Post
    And I'm Goin for the batmobile look so yea =p
    When I lived in Memphis years ago there was a '93 prelude in my apartment complex that had lots of oxidation so the black paint was almost flat.....the owner murdered out everything, then masked off and only polished one area of the hood in the shape of the bat signal.....everything was flat black (lights tinted too) except the highly shined bat

PLEASE don't do that
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Yea hell to the no. However flat black Is highly being considered at this point and time. =]
    Oh me and my brother are painters and body guys. Always helps. My batmobile Is seibon hood, cwest front bumper and grill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast