2013 WRX - Impressions after 600 Miles - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX - Impressions after 600 Miles within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by slowdown If you are a one tire guy. But if you have the cash to swap then ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by slowdown View Post
    If you are a one tire guy.

But if you have the cash to swap then summers (many good options) in the summer and blizzaks on steelies in the winter just cannot be outmatched.
    I also run blizzaks in the winter and love them!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    You have eight pipes coming out your exhaust?...Sorry since someone else razed you I couldn't help myself!
    Imagine how that would look, none the less sound
    Last edited by pmacey; 12-13-2012 at 06:22 AM.
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    They really are great tires. The best on earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by slowdown View Post
    If you are a one tire guy. But if you have the cash to swap then summers (many good options) in the summer and blizzaks on steelies in the winter just cannot be outmatched.
    You may or may not be aware...an orange font around here signifies a sarcastic response...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Weird, my exhaust seems to be louder too. I'm at 3,500 miles now. The car is just louder in general, especially idle going into first.

On a handling note, I took a ridiculously long on-ramp curve last night and really pushed into it. My gf was like, I'm gonna be sick! But the car just went faster and hugged it closer.

I bought my 2013 WRX in October. I have only a few gripes. 1) Subaru needs to put a decent radio in their car. 2) all season tires should be a no cost option. 3) a six speed should be standard. This car would get better mpg with a good overdrive top gear. Overall, this is a good do everything car.

I totally agree with the radio.... I thought the Bose radio in my 2008 MX-5 was bad. Guess the turbo needs to be louder.

To the OP, it's been over a month and you've only done 600 miles?! Do you walk to work? I just hit 900 tonight (12/13) and I got the car 11/26. Maybe I am driving it a lot because I want to get past the 1st 1000 miles so I finally rev past 4000 (without feeling guilty!).

I haven't noticed the car to be getting any louder though. The car sounds nice with the windows down but I haven't noticed it to be louder.

My "concerns" with the car so far:

• Shifter feels like I'm driving a truck or rowing a boat.
    • Speakers and interior leave more to be desired.
    • This clutch took some getting used to. Perhaps its because its an AWD system? I typically let off a clutch without any throttle input (RPMs at idle - 1000 RPMs) , but this car seems to like a little more (1200-1500) although it can be done without throttle input.
    • I keep wanting to shift into 6th... but R does not stand for RACE.
    • Driver's seat is lacking support. Reminds me of the seat from my 2007 VW Rabbit, but slightly worse.
    • The steering is looser and requires more input than my Miata (yes, this car gets compared to something not really the same)

But I'm just nitpicking.

Overall, the car is way faster than my Miata, it handles well but has more body roll (I hate body roll). Sway bars will get added once I sell the Miata ones. It is a different animal. This car is easier to "live" with than the Miata though.

I should be over 1000 miles by the end of the weekend...hello turbo and good-bye fuel! Such a shame I just switched to steelies and Blizzaks.

Quote Originally Posted by pmacey View Post
    Stock, the exhaust is sounding louder to me the more the WRX breaks in
    Weird, I just rolled over 1K on my '13 WRX and I feel like the exhuast sound is getting quieter? I mean a cold start is loud as heck in the garage, wife says the entire house rumbles. But once the car is warm and I'm driving her around, the exhaust seems a lot more toned down than when it had 2 miles on it.

I think I've only heard the burp on down shift once, but its been too cold for windows down driving right now. If I rev the motor in neutral it will burp and pop as you let off which sounds pretty cool.

My biggest gripe is the super notchy oem shifter, some days and on some drives the shifting will be buttery smooth. Then sometimes notchy as heck. I hope this improves as the miles pour on. Outside of that I love my car more and more everytime I drive her. Im glad it's not my daily driver as I tend to get bored with cars fast, I have super bad ADD with vehicle ownership. Since my WRX is basically my weekend toy, by the end of a work week I'm dying to drive it ANYWHERE and sometimes for no reason other than just driving lol.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

Your shifting should get better after a few thousand miles. Also...at around 4000 miles, I changed my trans. oil to Subaru extra-s oil. It shifts better now especially when it's cold.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12