Oh yes! Road trip!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Oh yes! Road trip!! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So last night my girlfriends mom invited my girlfriend and I to her vacation home outside Aspen, Colorado in late ...

Oh yes! Road trip!!

So last night my girlfriends mom invited my girlfriend and I to her vacation home outside Aspen, Colorado in late January. She said she would pay for everything and we could go skiing, snowboarding (and I haven't been snowboarding in like 5 years), hiking, and whatever else you name it. She also said she would pay for the flight...hold up.......wait a second....what......A flight??? No no no I have a Subaru, I tell her, and she looks at me like I'm insane that I would drive a car on that far of a trip and probably in some pretty rough conditions. But after some explaining about how my Subaru is an all around, any condition, any road surface, or just surface, badass piece of machinery, she kinda buys into it (but isn't paying for gas), an still thinks her Prius was a better purchase.

So I'm more excited about driving my car on a 2800 mile trip there and back than I am about actually being there, especially due to the fact that I should have my new motor in by the end of next week with a couple go fast goodies. and also thinking about a roof rack...maybe idk... All I know is I'm pumped and it's still another month away and there's still work to be done on the car.

Well I thought I would share that with you all. And if there is anyone that lives up that way that wants to go do some cruising let me know!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    awesome. drive safely!

i'm going on a mini road trip in january as well. [not as exciting.. FL to GA]

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    You may want snow tires, you just never know when I-70 could be snow packed. Here is a link to colorado road conditions.
    Road Conditions, Speeds, Travel Times, Traffic Cameras, Live Streaming Traffic Cameras, Road Closures and Road Work Information provided by Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) a branch of Colorado Department of Transportation
    Premium gas here is 91 not 93, just so you know.
    Also, enjoy the drive. When I drive to Kentucky I like watching the vegetation change with elevation.
    2010 WRB WRX wagon

Nice! have a good time. My subie should see some vermont snow this winter, nothing like colorado but still very snowy.

Just curious, are you going to do an oil change while there, or just tough it out until you're back?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    Nice! have a good time. My subie should see some vermont snow this winter, nothing like colorado but still very snowy.

Just curious, are you going to do an oil change while there, or just tough it out until you're back?
    It's 2800 miles round trip. The Subaru service interval for oil changes is 5k miles. He'll be fine.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Stawgn10 View Post
    You may want snow tires, you just never know when I-70 could be snow packed. Here is a link to colorado road conditions.
    Road Conditions, Speeds, Travel Times, Traffic Cameras, Live Streaming Traffic Cameras, Road Closures and Road Work Information provided by Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) a branch of Colorado Department of Transportation
    Premium gas here is 91 not 93, just so you know.
    Also, enjoy the drive. When I drive to Kentucky I like watching the vegetation change with elevation.
    Thanks for the info, I remember the octane change from a few years ago in my old m3. And I also love following the changes in vegetation.

I change mine every 3k, so I'll change it before I go and as soon as I get back, if it's a little over it won't hurt anything.

Ahh, I see, I thought 2,800 was accounting for only one way. Didnt see the "there and back" part.

And I was told the service interval was every 3.5k miles. Either way I will continue to happily change my oil every 3k miles.

Ahh, I see, I thought 2,800 was accounting for only one way. Didnt see the "there and back" part.

And I was told the service interval was every 3.5k miles. Either way I will continue to happily change my oil every 3k miles.
    I'm pretty sure they say 5k but it can never hurt changing it to much, besides $$$ for filters and oil.

Re: Oh yes! Road trip!!

And the environment . Ask your Prius driving gf's mom. I'm sure she'll have a few words for ya ;-)

Posted from a fone.

Due to the altitude the 91 works ok. You might notice a loss in performance since you're not tuned to the altitude, but I wouldn't expect problems from this. And going to the snow spots winter tires would definitely be good to have...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm jealous. I love road trips. Normally I get to drive from Cleveland to California and then back again during the summer. Can't wait until I get to do it again.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Subaru or not...I wouldn't have turned down a free flight.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Subaru or not...I wouldn't have turned down a free flight.
    This. Although you'd have to check skis/boards etc, and that would be a pain. Plus baggage handlers aren't exactly gentle...
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    I enjoy all the legroom when flying.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo119.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	110265
    I attached the wrong photo the first time.
    2010 WRB WRX wagon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast