So i got this Huge envelope from the dealership i bought my car from........

This is a discussion on So i got this Huge envelope from the dealership i bought my car from........ within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A few day ago i recieved a packet from the dealer I bought my car at. Not very normal to ...

A few day ago i recieved a packet from the dealer I bought my car at. Not very normal to get a huge envelope like that so soon after a car purchase! So as im opening it im thinking," oh great, what could this be." turns out to be the entire service records for the last eight years. every scrap. fuel, oil changes, heavy repairs, the hole thing. i havent put a calculator to it, but im guessing almost nine grand worth. (my car was a rental down in reno for a while) thank you fellow suby guy salesman. thankyou very much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You have done well it seems. A full service history is something I keep for all my cars, and also something I insist on receiving. Congrats.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

A rental WRX? this can't be a good thing to hear.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Runner View Post
    A rental WRX? this can't be a good thing to hear.
    It usually isn't- but inspection and testing definitely helps.

I Support ClubWRX
    I want to know where I can rent something nice like that. Seems every time I go to rent something I have three choices....uber econo like a Geo Metro, an SUV like a Jeep Cherokee, or massive Dodge caravan....they never have anything I would want to drive available.....and they are always only automatics.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

two clutches and two timing belt, water pump combo jobs plus a ton of ac repairs. throw in some factory service stuff(all on time within a few miles) and some weird WTH???? stuff. couple sets of tires and brakes, one alignment(two now, the dealer i bought it from did it for free before i bought it) aaannnnnddd lets see a brand new radiator, new cv shafts, synthetic diff services. new starter that wiped out the gear ring on the flywheel, both replaced(whew 500$ for a clutch kit) oh i can imagine how this one went. door, fuel r@r. customer complaint,"it fell off when i couldnt open it from the outside.) fell off! sure, with the help of screwdriver. PULL THE LEVER! mmmm, new window and a couple more check engine lights for leaky turbo hoses and loose gas caps. a new window. new gas cap. again. more ac services and poop! new compressor , reciever/ drier, and condenser when they converted to 134r!
    oh, and a new tail light. oops.

nothing about the two open recalls and the fuel line update(scheduled for repair, so long christmas money lol) you'd think they could smell the fuel leaking but hey, i bought it from a toyota dealer lol.

aaaaand i get to change sparkplugs this weekend. thankfully the boss is letting me use the shop after hours. i dont have a heated garage yet and ive heard that it takes a while to change 'em. anybody have a rough time to r@r plugs on a 02? tools shouldnt be a problem, but i dont want to drop, lower, move the engine if i dont have to.
    Last edited by tirerob; 12-04-2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: glitch in my system

I Support ClubWRX

What year car and how many miles? That is a crap ton of service lol
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

yea demon i hear you. up here if you ask for a car(suburban) suv(2500hd suburban) pickup( 2500hd deisel) or the dreaded mini van. from what i can tell it came from a lithia dealer in reno. figures they would rent cool cars now that i dont live down there!

its a 02 wrx wagonator. 133400 or so when i picked it up sight (mostly) unseen. had a buddy working at the dealer running interferince for me.

I Support ClubWRX
    you *should* be able to r@r the plugs without unbolting/moving the motor.....should be done in 30 or less from what I hear for the older ones if you have the right tools and whatnot
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    You don't pay for the fuel rail fix if you have a Subaru dealer do it. They just do it and give the car back.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I picked up my car from that dealership but no rental WRX's when I picked up my subie.
    2013 WRX Hatch
    2002 4runner

I Support ClubWRX
    Any vehicle coming from a Lithia lot, take elsewhere to be inspected that its a good car, triple check your paper work and make sure to hire a lawyer on retainer.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

thanks sonic, that'll help a bunch. and ya, ive been all over this car and the history of stuff done to it. thankfully it seems that it only was a rental for two years then went to private ownership. and thats when the big repairs started. (figures, dump it on the little guy. just like torque said.) so it looks like i dodged the lithia bullet, but i still have a 135000mile wrx that needs some wrench time. glad to hear the fuel lines and open recalls are freebies, that will save money for the road trip(5 hours to a dealer) and possibly a hotel room lol. O, and a tuner if i can find one in Billings, mt. id really like a pro tuner to look into this car, see where i need to go with first engine mods. up pipe from grimspeed and a turbo hose kit from......im not sure yet. but my turbo hoses look old and tired, plus there is papers showing they have leaked and have been tightened/ messed with four times. time for a update.