You Know You're a WRX Owner When... - Page 8
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on You Know You're a WRX Owner When... within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You know your a WRX owner when you see another WRX (no matter year) coming up the road and you ...

You know your a WRX owner when you see another WRX (no matter year) coming up the road and you wave... to your surprise it is a a middle aged women driving a bugeye wagon/tinted windows/roof rack/and huge fog lights yellow... you wave anyway since your already in the middle of the wave.. she gives you a look like who the **** are you?
    2012 WRX Hatchback ISM - Base Model - STI STS, SPT Boost Gauge, AEM Intake, TP Stage 1 Tune, red illumination kit, cobb shift knob, 20% tint - currently on stock wheels wrapped in Pirelli Winter Carving Edge Tires
    Some cool tidbits to come...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmoehn View Post
    You know your a WRX owner when you see another WRX (no matter year) coming up the road and you wave... to your surprise it is a a middle aged women driving a bugeye wagon/tinted windows/roof rack/and huge fog lights yellow... you wave anyway since your already in the middle of the wave.. she gives you a look like who the **** are you?
    LOL, this happens to me quite a bit in the reverse situation. (I (middle-aged dude) wave from my bugeye to a young new-gen owner, and get a blank look)
    I also stopped waving to non-turbo Imprezas of any generation, years ago, because they never seemed to understand the significance.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    LOL, this happens to me quite a bit in the reverse situation. (I (middle-aged dude) wave from my bugeye to a young new-gen owner, and get a blank look)
    I also stopped waving to non-turbo Imprezas of any generation, years ago, because they never seemed to understand the significance.
    Hahaha yeah I dont wave to non turbos as well. I always did this when I had my R (very rare to see another volvo R) and the other drivers would NEVER get it... it was stupid.

The 2nd week I had my wrx I got a wave from an older gen sti... then about 3 more waves in the next month... so I was like - WOW what a cool group of people... so now I wave. My wife thinks its very nerdy but she knows I am a dork and I love my car... I dont make fun of her for wanting to go to the Italian restaurant "RPM" in Chicago in hopes to see Giuliana and Bill (since it is their place) since she is obsessed with their show... trust me when you get married you will figure this out if you have not already and be stuck watching TC shows you dont want to...
    2012 WRX Hatchback ISM - Base Model - STI STS, SPT Boost Gauge, AEM Intake, TP Stage 1 Tune, red illumination kit, cobb shift knob, 20% tint - currently on stock wheels wrapped in Pirelli Winter Carving Edge Tires
    Some cool tidbits to come...

I Support ClubWRX
    trust me when you get married you will figure this out if you have not already and be stuck watching TC shows you dont want to...
    LOL, In April I will have been married for 17 years.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

You know your a WRX owner when you park in a parking lot - to come back out to your car and there are at least 2 more WRXs parked next to you
    That is so true!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    you know your a wrx owner when you get stuck in your parking space for a few seconds because the car wont go in reverse, so you try the 1st to reverse trick and your car doesnt go in first either -__-
    whenever this happens to me there is always a car waiting to get by and they look at me like i dont know how to drive

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You know you're on a WRX board when the topic could shift to tech at any moment.

I use Ubuntu, OS X, and Windows 7 on a daily basis, on different machines. I like 7, and was prepared to not like 8. I tinkered with it at the store, and to tell you the truth, I couldn't find much to hate about it. Looks like the guts of 7, with a GUI layer on top. Once you learn the key shortcuts, you're pretty much good to go. All of the settings, etc, are pretty much done in a 7'ish interface.

It's true that the Linux distros become more bloated with each passing year. Nothing was quite like dabbling with a barebones Slackware distro back in the '90's. I ran a mail server, NAT, file service, and X on a 486-based machine, and it hardly broke a sweat.
    This must be heaven. WRX enthusiasts AND linux users??? Im on Ubuntu 12.04 with Unity. No complaints here, uptime is fantastic, but it's the reason I'll be getting a Cobb AP rather than going open source. It irks me a bit that open source tuning software only runs on closed systems :/

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I used to run Slackware 9/10/11 full time on my PC.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
    This must be heaven. WRX enthusiasts AND linux users??? Im on Ubuntu 12.04 with Unity.
    Yeah, I'm typing this on my desktop at work, which is 12.04. About once every 4 months, it seems like the Unity interface will get a little confused, and I'll reboot it just to get things reset. Other than that, it's crazy stable.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

You Know You're a WRX Owner When...

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneManiac View Post
    That is so true!
    Hahahaha! Awesome!
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    This. Is. Me. Wife=unamused.
    Yeah, yeah: get a new wife, amIright?!
    My wife rolls her eyes and falls asleep when I talk about cars or the Packers...
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
    This must be heaven. WRX enthusiasts AND linux users??? Im on Ubuntu 12.04 with Unity. No complaints here, uptime is fantastic, but it's the reason I'll be getting a Cobb AP rather than going open source. It irks me a bit that open source tuning software only runs on closed systems :/
    Still at work.... installing a virtual CentOS server....
    Use the money saved and buy a laptop off woot =)

ive done so many of those... ive only had my wrx for a day...

Quote Originally Posted by pmacey View Post

You just took your new WRX out for a hot spirited run, and keep going back into your garage to enjoy that new car break in smell that perminates the whole garage!
    Haha!! I'm doing this all the time. Smells kinda like hot metal, kinda like clutch, kinda like plastic...
    - mikey

2013 WRX | DGM | GR | FACTORY STOCK

I Support ClubWRX
    You know you're a WRX owner when you are forced to sit in your idling car for 2 days straight to keep warm and realize that you don't really mind
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8