What was the first damage you got on your WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on What was the first damage you got on your WRX within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I've had my car two months, and while I am absolutely OCD about all of my vehicles, I got ...

So I've had my car two months, and while I am absolutely OCD about all of my vehicles, I got the first ding on the car with just 200 miles on the car. I had ran over a nail in just three days of owning the car, I took the car to a major, reputible tire chain to fix the tire. Apparently instead of using the lift, the guy changing the tire used a floor jack and must have allowed the handle to hit my rocker panel. Here's the kicker, the guy who repaired my tire came over to greet me and tell me how much he liked my car, and how he personally owns a hawk eye with a ton of mods etc.. but yet he still managed to be careless when working on my car and chip paint off the rocker panel.

Second one happened last night, was putting my three year old in the car from leaving the in-laws and I didn't realize he was waving this toy truck around in his hand and it smacked my cars quarter panel as I was trying to put him in his car seat. At first I didn't think anything of it, then saw the damage today in the day light. Dang the paint on these cars are thin. I swear that plastic toy truck didnt hit the car that hard, but it was hard enough to chip the paint.

I'm a master detailer by trade from a past life Lol and after two- hours of color sanding the area, filling with oem touch up paint and top coat, polishing and a few beers I improved the blemish by 98% anyway was just wondering how long it took to get your first ding, scratch or blemish?
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just got mine 2 days ago and already two minor scratches, both happened yesterday while going to my sisters house for thanksgiving, I was trying to pull in into her driveway and I knew her driveway was high so I tried to pull up really slow and still scratched the bottom of the front lip. I cringed as soon as I felt it scratching the bottom, so I was already pissed off so I backed up and looked for parking on the street, parked and inspected the damage, it's not noticeable unless u really look underneath its about 8 inches of scratched area. I guess it will happen sooner or later, I just have to be careful from now on.

The second scratch occurred when when I was getting stuff out of the trunk, I had bags on my left hand and had my key on my right hand, I used my right hand to close the trunk, my key happened to touch the trunk for a split second and had a nice 4 inch scratch near the rear license plate, you are right, the paint is easily damage. But those are minor things that I worry about.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

I Support ClubWRX
    My current car was purchased used, so "pre-damaged"...it was kind of a relief, really, not to have to be concerned with keeping it perfect. It has a couple of noticeable dings, and the paint's a little screwy here and there if you look closely.

My first WRX was nearly perfect for about 2 years, at which time I broke it in by scraping the rear quarter panel against a buddy's mailbox while parking on the road at his house. I didn't notice how far out the box was, and it left a dime-sized paint blemish. Oddly, the guy I sold it to didn't seem to care, that much.

I used to be OCD about having a spotless car, inside and out, but this doesn't seem to be as important to me, any more.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I'm with Ray. Somehow, when I bought this car, despite it being my first new car I am far less concerned about trying to keep it perfect than I had been with previous cars.

It's just a car, I guess I've decided it isn't worth the stress to constantly be worried about keeping it mint. I'm not going to be completely blase about it and end up driving around a bashed and battered car, but I'm also not going to stress a scratch here or there or if I don't wash it every week. I think part of it is that I'm not worried about wanting to squeeze more dollars out of resale, as I intend to have it for a long time to come.

First damage? I don't think it took long, gave one of the wheels a little curb rash probably a month or so in to ownership.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    I made it a few years before any damage. Then I was clipped the day before Thanksgiving and shut down 3/4 Interstate lanes (well, the other car did, since his was in pieces). A $4K damage estimate ended up with a six month down time in the body shop.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Happened 2 months ago. I was driving through a overnight construction zone in Chicago. The construction workers failed to clean up the debris off the road, so the car in front of me picked up a decent sized rock and sent it flying into my hood. A friend who works for the city of Chicago told me to file a claim with the city, haven't herd anything yet. Damage estimate was $758.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	109754Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	109755Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15.jpg 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	109756
    Last edited by 3G_REX; 11-24-2012 at 09:05 AM.
    -NAS

2011 SUBARU WRX (LR) - DAILY
    MODS: 30% Tint - Smoked Tails - Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit w/ DDM Tuning 35w5000k - Fender vent led turn signals - Kartboy short throw shifter w/ bushings - Flossy Shift knob

Re: What was the first damage you got on your WRX

740 miles down hit and run at best buy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1353784966529.jpg  
    2013 WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    I have a nice little dent from stray rock on the road. I heard a loud noise was hoping it was some rocks under the car but it appears like 3 claw marks. after looking at some of these it doesnt look that bad.

I also have some curb scraping on the bumper though the only time you can see it is when your under the car.

Last edited by cflip2x; 11-24-2012 at 05:55 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Friends dad Backed into my car while leaving his driveway. nice scrape and dent on the Left rear quarterpanel right above the wheel... and I cracked my front bumper when i scraped the road on a dip. :/ oh not to mention the rocks and crap from daily freeway commuting.

Quote Originally Posted by 3G_REX View Post
    Happened 2 months ago. I was driving through a overnight construction zone in Chicago. The construction workers failed to clean up the debris off the road, so the car in front of me picked up a decent sized rock and sent it flying into my hood. A friend who works for the city of Chicago told me to file a claim with the city, haven't herd anything yet. Damage estimate was $758.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13.jpg 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	109754Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	109755Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15.jpg 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	109756
    Wow, I think you got lucky that rock got the hood and didn't come through the windshield.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

You're right I am lucky. I had 3 passengers in the car, It would of definitely hit someone if it came through. When I looked at the damage I thought of this video.

-NAS

2011 SUBARU WRX (LR) - DAILY
    MODS: 30% Tint - Smoked Tails - Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit w/ DDM Tuning 35w5000k - Fender vent led turn signals - Kartboy short throw shifter w/ bushings - Flossy Shift knob

I Support ClubWRX
    I had my car for 3 weeks and a rock flew and hit the door and put a slight dent in it, which i later got taken out. i now have many small scratches, but have learned to not worry as much. its my DD its gonna happen no matter what
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Second day I owned my '11 I pulled too far forward and scraped the bumper on a parking block... I later realized that the bumper had also slightly cracked. Put a cheap ebay lip on and the crack hasnt spread.

4 weeks later, I was driving on some back roads with the sunroof open. All of a sudden I hear a loud bang! I didn't know what the hell it was. Then I noticed a large walnut in my passenger seat. The walnut hit my roof and dropped in my sunroof just missing my head... I now also have a walnut-sized dent on my roof.

Two weeks after getting my 2013 I got a huge rock chip in the windshield. Two days later I got rear-ended at a stop light. Two weeks after that it was fixed as good as new, the bodyshop did the windshield repair free. So now six weeks into ownership, I'm waiting for the next scratch or ding....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.