What was the first damage you got on your WRX - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on What was the first damage you got on your WRX within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My 2005 STI has pretty much gone through a war zone. But I digress...it's just a car. Dings and dents ...

My 2005 STI has pretty much gone through a war zone. But I digress...it's just a car. Dings and dents will happen. I've halfway ripped my bumper twice off in the two and a half years I've had it now. I know my paint is garbage. But the car still drives and handles awesomely, which is all that matters to me.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    My 2005 STI has pretty much gone through a war zone. But I digress...it's just a car. Dings and dents will happen. I've halfway ripped my bumper twice off in the two and a half years I've had it now. I know my paint is garbage. But the car still drives and handles awesomely, which is all that matters to me.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Was on the freeway when something kicked up and hit the rear drivers side door. Not sure what it was that hit me, but it happened as a red WRX wagon with a roof rack passed me... First new car of 6 months and this happens, never happened to me on my other crappy cars lol

I had my 09 STi for about a month and was trying to squeak in between an SUV to get into a left turn lane and scraped my left front wheel against the curb, putting a nice 3" gouge along the rim lip. Fortunately it's superficial and not deep enough to cause any leaks, but man that sucks! Definitely have to watch out with these lower profile tires.

Was good for 3 years except for a big rock chip in the windshield from a beer truck. The rock was about 3" in diameter ... I thought it was coming THRU the windshield. Had it fixed, but it is still very visable.

This past fall, had 3 incidents involving firewood. The first one was when a huge windstorm blew the firewood pile in my carport over onto the side of the car. s@$#$^&!! Moved woodpile.

Next, I was going to cut some firewood on the workbench in the carport, so I was going to move Rex out of the way so as not to damage it, and hit my wheelbarrow that I forgot was on the right side of the car. Put a good dent in the passenger door. f@#%&!!!.

Then to top it off, a week later I had an armload of firewood walking from the new woodpile location in the back yard, past the car, accidentally dropped a good chunk of wood, and it bounced a couple of times into the drivers' door and left a good dent. Mother#@!$!%%!!!

In conclusion, Rex and firewood don't mix. I try not to let it bother me, and was actually laughing about it as I wrote this. Great therapy !! Will take it to the dent doctor someday soon !!!

Quote Originally Posted by naked_dave1 View Post
    Was on the freeway when something kicked up and hit the rear drivers side door. Not sure what it was that hit me, but it happened as a red WRX wagon with a roof rack passed me... First new car of 6 months and this happens, never happened to me on my other crappy cars lol
    I hope you've at least touched that up since...that looks to be down to bare metal, which could rust easily.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo058 View Post
    In conclusion, Rex and firewood don't mix. I try not to let it bother me, and was actually laughing about it as I wrote this. Great therapy !! Will take it to the dent doctor someday soon !!!
    Sorry man, I had to chuckle too...but I agree. Subarus and firewood DO NOT mix at all! Camping this past summer, I had to grab a ton of firewood and toss it into the back seat of my STI. Needless to say, I dropped a piece and it hit my C-pillar and put a nice little ding there. On top of that, the interior of my car was "destroyed." Mud and woodchips/sawdust everywhere...I knew it would happen, but went back to the campsite, cracked a beer, lit a cigar, and enjoyed the trip
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    I had my 2011 STi about a month and I was going a little too fast around a corner on the Kancamagus Highway (such a fun road to drive) and there was a deer standing in the middle of the road. I slammed on the breaks and by the time I hit it I was only going about 10 MPH. It was still enough speed to crack the right side insert where the fog lights would go (if I had them), and knock the deer on it's ass! I got out to inspect and I am pretty sure there was deer spit on the hood!

I hope you've at least touched that up since...that looks to be down to bare metal, which could rust easily.
    Yeah, I got some factory touch up paint on there till I can get it fix after winter.

Scraped the bottom of my front bumper as well, fortunately you can't see.

Someone scraped my rear bumper because no one can park in this city.

I put a small scrape on one of my wheels because I can't park either.

These 3 small things are fueling an ever-growing rage inside of me.

Quote Originally Posted by naked_dave1 View Post
    Yeah, I got some factory touch up paint on there till I can get it fix after winter.

About two weeks after getting my "11 WRX, I misjuged a turn and curbed the right rear wheel.

I Support ClubWRX
    My car was seven years old when I bought it, so it already had normal scratches and a couple dime-sized dings before I got it, but then this happened:

A 17 year old kid blew through a T-intersection and cut through the inside corner (into the middle of my lane). I was only going about 15mph, but since he cut the corner, I had zero chance to react. I managed to swerve slightly, otherwise he would have hit me head on. Did $6k in damage which thankfully his insurance covered without a fuss.

I found out later that I was his second accident IN TWO WEEKS!!! At first he tried to blame me, but the evidence was obvious, and the police cited him. His early 90's Corolla was basically unscathed, but I'm sure his insurance dropped him.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38◊10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

So what were you doing when that happened?
    I was driving on the highway. Light turned green, started picking up speed like usual. Eventually, soon as the turbo kicked in, it made a loud banging noise and didn't move anywhere. It was bad

Not sure if this counts, but it does in my books! Have a 2 week old wrx with 400 miles on the clock. Like a complete F#%**ING IDIOT, I burnt the **** out of my clutch attempting to pull up my inclined driveway in THIRD GEAR! I literally stalled the car out 3-4 times before i decided to back up onto level ground and get a run for it, 10 minutes later it hit me....I was in 3rd gear!
    The bad part is I have at least 100,000 miles of manual transmission driving experience.

Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1587 View Post
    Not sure if this counts, but it does in my books! Have a 2 week old wrx with 400 miles on the clock. Like a complete F#%**ING IDIOT, I burnt the **** out of my clutch attempting to pull up my inclined driveway in THIRD GEAR! I literally stalled the car out 3-4 times before i decided to back up onto level ground and get a run for it, 10 minutes later it hit me....I was in 3rd gear!
    The bad part is I have at least 100,000 miles of manual transmission driving experience.
    pretty bad lol. I have killed it at intersections thinking i was in first when i was in 3rd.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast