What was the first damage you got on your WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on What was the first damage you got on your WRX within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Scraping the bottom of the front bumper was the first damage I put on mine. In fact, I've done it ...

Scraping the bottom of the front bumper was the first damage I put on mine. In fact, I've done it at least three times in the 11 months I owned it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gunz4me View Post
    Scraping the bottom of the front bumper was the first damage I put on mine. In fact, I've done it at least three times in the 11 months I owned it.
    I know the feeling, happened this past thanksgiving for me lol
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Stupid thing is, my 1995 del sol vtec never had damage and my 2009 impreza 2.5i never had damage... in the 8 months I've had my car I have damage it twice...

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunz4me View Post
    Same here. Some curbs just are lip magnets.

This is the first new car I've owned in years, so I'm used to having scrapes, dents, and the like. Kinda like not having to care, so I'm fairly not concerned if I get anything on this car. It will happen sooner or later, but I didn't buy it to be a parking lot looker.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    It will happen sooner or later, but I didn't buy it to be a parking lot looker.
    I guess that's the attitude we should have, coz if we worry all the time about getting dents and scratches and all that, we wouldn't be able to enjoy the car.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

I had my car for less than 24 hours, (Brand new 2013 Hatchback) and managed to crack the front bumper pulling into my driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse1812 View Post
    I had my car for less than 24 hours, (Brand new 2013 Hatchback) and managed to crack the front bumper pulling into my driveway.
    Ouch. Take it easy lol
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    Ouch. Take it easy lol
    I can only enter/leave my driveway in one direction or it will scrape

I Support ClubWRX
    First damage for me was about 6-8 months in I think. They were doing road work on my street and removed like 4" of asphalt in prep for new paving....problem was I was still parked up off the road and had to go to work. The crew made a temp ramp for me out of asphalt and swore up and down that I would not scrape despite me arguing it was not enough.....rear came out ok.....front bottomed out, gouged the bumper material, and 1/2 way ripped the front bumpter off. Luckily it was only the pop-rivets and snaps so nothing was really badly damaged, only the gouges on the under side of the front bumper.

I got a dent in the rear passenger door about 3 weeks later from some ass in a grocery store lot...asshats

About the year in point I got a rock chip in the front on the hood (which I repaired with touchup) and now have a second, though now it is too cold to fix this newer one. Paint doesn't cure quite right in freezing temps.

And a couple of weeks ago I put some minor scratches in the lower front bumper in a parking lot...pulled in too far and rubbed the curb.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Quote Originally Posted by Chance1218 View Post
    Stupid thing is, my 1995 del sol vtec never had damage and my 2009 impreza 2.5i never had damage... in the 8 months I've had my car I have damage it twice...
    I hear ya, I daily drive an F-150 that I've had almost two years, that gets beat on daily like a work truck, I even ran over an aluminum ladder that fell off the roof of a Minivan at 70 mph on the highway and don't have a single scratch, ding or blemish on that truck, even the bed still looks good. However my WRX occupies the garage 98% of the time, gets babied, parked out in the sticks when I drive it anywhere, I've owned it two months and it already has been damaged twice.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

I can only enter/leave my driveway in one direction or it will scrape
    I have the same issue, my driveway is a 9% grade with a equally steep curb. Put it this way my Outback almost scrapes if you take it straight on. I have to take the approach at almost 45 degrees and creep, any bounce in the suspension and I will scrape. I actually have to make my kids and wife get out to make it up the driveway.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

Took 4 weeks before someone scraped my bumper getting out of a parking space.

Street parking FML.

Actually spent a couple hours this weekend sanding, painting, buffing, but the scratch is deeper than I'd like to sand down to fix...hopefully a detailer can do it for me...

i would have never forgiven myself. emmmbarasssinggg :P

i'm still amazed each time i see that 2x4 video that the guy doesn't even make a sound.

regarding my car's first damage, it all began yesterday. 2k miles on the odometer sliding down an icy hill into the modded euro gti in front of me. had to be at least 12mph..the incline helped though.
    to my surprise, i got out of the car shook the guy's hand, he didn't seem to have any damage--i turned around, looked at mine--also no damage. except for a scratch on my lip from hitting the curb after him..

real lucky.

Had the car for two months, 2003 120k, tranny blew on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Weedity View Post
    Had the car for two months, 2003 120k, tranny blew on me.
    So what were you doing when that happened?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.