Iphone5 and WRX not friends :(

This is a discussion on Iphone5 and WRX not friends :( within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok so i am having a terrible time trying to get my bluetooth to work between my 2011 WRX and ...

Ok so i am having a terrible time trying to get my bluetooth to work between my 2011 WRX and Iphone5. I have paired them together (a few times ) and the WRX recognizes the Iphone but every time i get into the car i have to go through all the iphone settings to get to connect to the car again. Is anyone else having this kind of issue? I have also asked this question on an Iphone5 forum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Same on my Galaxy S2. It was paired, but I had to re-connect via the phone settings every single time I got in the car. Not sure why it didn't auto connect like my new head unit does.

Rap
    Quote Originally Posted by foxhound View Post
    Ok so i am having a terrible time trying to get my bluetooth to work between my 2011 WRX and Iphone5. I have paired them together (a few times ) and the WRX recognizes the Iphone but every time i get into the car i have to go through all the iphone settings to get to connect to the car again. Is anyone else having this kind of issue? I have also asked this question on an Iphone5 forum.
    I have been having the same problem and actually think I just fixed it

Did you pair the Bluetooth audio as well as the hands free system? I couldn't ever get the phone to auto connect with only setting the BT Audio portion but once I also paired the hands free system it's auto connecting.

It's two separate pairings. One in the BT-A setup on the stereo and the other using the talk button on the steering wheel. Once I did that I'm not longer an angry iPhone5 user.
    Last edited by Rap; 11-18-2012 at 09:10 AM.

NICE! i will definitely be trying that. Thanks

Mine did that at first too. I dont know what I did to fix it but now it auto connects within 5 seconds of start up.

p.s. streaming pandora over bluetooth is a great thing.

I Support ClubWRX

I had this problem too when I received a new iPhone under warranty and after a week of frustration and an hour and a half with a Verizon tech, we found out you have to use the steering wheel controls

Duh! I too had it with the pairing of my new iPhone 5 with the unit. My wife took the car to the dealership with her Samsung phone and had them show her how to pair it when I was out of town for work. Now it auto connects every time. Will try pairing using the steering talk button this weekend and see if I can get my iPhone 5 to connect like hers.

I can confirm this is the issue. When I got a new phone I was having all kinds of issues until I tried pairing it through the steering wheel controls rather than the controls on the head unit itself. Problems solved.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"