BIG SALE on car items at Harbor Freight
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on BIG SALE on car items at Harbor Freight within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all, Just wanted to give anybody that's interested a heads up on a couple of car-related items on sale ...

Hi all,
    Just wanted to give anybody that's interested a heads up on a couple of car-related items on sale at Harbor Freight that you might be interested in. If you just go to their homepage you can see the coupons for them: Harbor Freight Tools

First off is the lightweight aluminum racing jack. The current price of $59.99 is the lowest they ever go, and they only do it a couple of times a year at most. The regular price is $119.99, which is already $80 less than any other aluminum jack I know of, which is some generic one Sears sells . I've had one for years now and have used it extensively, and it still works perfectly and always has. The jack release is through the handle as usual, and it's one of the best I've ever used in terms of adjustability and ability to lower the car very slowly. I've used many much more expensive jacks and the release on this jack is definitely the best I've ever used. The wheels work great in terms of rolling when you raise the car, which is often an issue on inexpensive jacks and even some expensive ones, and if the wheels don't move when you raise the car you end up with a very unstable car once it's raised.

The second thing is their creeper. I don't have one because I keep missing it every time it's on sale, so I can't tell you how well they work, but it's half price and only $19.99 so it's hard to go wrong for that price. Again the coupon/link is right on the homepage.

I haven't looked at what else is for sale, but at this time of year it's a sure bet there's a few other car-related items on sale cheaper than you'll find them at any other time. I know some people are very anti-HF, but I've found some things that are excellent like the jack, and of course some things are just junk. I bought an extra set of ratcheting wrenches recently for $20 and they're actually much better than the $70 Craftsman set I bought last year for half price on Black Friday, which is still almost twice what the HF set cost.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The creeper is awesome.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have their creeper. Other than the wheels periodically loosening, it's great. Just tighten them back up with an Allen wrench.

I need a better jack, though, I might pick that one up. I have a bunch of HF stuff (clamps, vices, and the like) but all my power tools are name-brand. I like Bosch and Kobalt stuff too.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Hi all,
    Just wanted to give anybody that's interested a heads up on a couple of car-related items on sale at Harbor Freight that you might be interested in. If you just go to their homepage you can see the coupons for them: Harbor Freight Tools

First off is the lightweight aluminum racing jack. The current price of $59.99 is the lowest they ever go, and they only do it a couple of times a year at most. The regular price is $119.99, which is already $80 less than any other aluminum jack I know of, which is some generic one Sears sells....
    Thanks for the heads up man! Just today my wife asked me what I want for my B-Day so I guess she will be getting the aluminum jack and creeper for me. On top of that Harbor Freight just opened a new store 1.7 miles from my house! Yeay!
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

That's the jack I own as well and it's great piece, lightweight and sturdy.
    2007 WRX Wagon - Maddad Whisper Dual Tip, Swift Wagon Springs, KYB Excel-G Shocks
    2004 Acura TL - 6 Speed - Stock
    1998 Mustang SVT Cobra Convertible - Modified
    Display of Speed

I totally forgot to post one key thing: A 20% off coupon that you can use on either of these items or anything else you want! The coupon code is:

If you use it online and buy more than one thing, I've never been able to figure out how to apply it to only the most expensive item unless you enter that item and ONLY that item to your cart, then view cart and enter the coupon code, then continue shopping. If you have more than one item in your cart, it seems to apply the coupon at random. Technically the coupon rules say you can't use it on a sale item, but I've never had a problem doing that, either online or in the store. If you need to print the coupon out instead if you're going to the store, here's a link:
    PRINT COUPON
    Scott
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have had success with the 20% off coupon once on a sale item, a 12" sliding miter saw that I got for $135. Doesn't always work if it is on sale(and most items are on sale).

I also recently discovered that the coupon doesn't work on tool storage. But I had a coupon I ripped out of Car & Driver for specific tool cabinets & got more of a discount than the 20% off.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Re: BIG SALE on car items at Harbor Freight

Sweet. They just put in a new HF around the corner from me. They sent me a coupon book with that jack in it, and have been considering it all month. Based on your review, I think I'll ink the deal. Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX
    I have the jack, and while it does work well, the 1.5t (3000lb rating) is a bit light when it comes to lifting anything other than a car. They do sell a 2t and 3t model, but they rarely dip down into my "impulse buy" zone.

I have the plastic creeper, and if you are under 250lbs, its a great creeper. I bought it on sale for 24.99
    Last edited by 06wrx4me; 11-19-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I totally forgot to post one key thing: A 20% off coupon that you can use on either of these items or anything else you want! The coupon code is:

If you use it online and buy more than one thing, I've never been able to figure out how to apply it to only the most expensive item unless you enter that item and ONLY that item to your cart, then view cart and enter the coupon code, then continue shopping. If you have more than one item in your cart, it seems to apply the coupon at random. Technically the coupon rules say you can't use it on a sale item, but I've never had a problem doing that, either online or in the store. If you need to print the coupon out instead if you're going to the store, here's a link:
    PRINT COUPON
    The coupon itself though (and most of their coupons though) say that it can't be used on Floor Jacks...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

As a fellow Subaru owner I would recommend this:
    3/8" Heavy Duty Composite Ratchet
    + a 3/8 12mm socket + 3" extension + standard 3/8 sparkplug socket.

The bend in the wrench makes changing Spark plugs SOOOOOO much easier. ~45mins start to finish. And being a 72 tooth wrench... AWESOME!

After all that, you get a pretty good beater socket wrench =)

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    I have the jack, and while it does work well, the 2.5t (3000lb rating) is a bit light when it comes to lifting anything other than a car. They do sell a 2t and 3t model, but they rarely dip down into my "impulse buy" zone.
    For me it's just a car jack so the weight rating works perfectly fine. With the rigid unibody on both my STI and my Porsche, lifting the cars at the front jack point on the STI and rear jack point on the Porsche (since it's rear engine) lifts the entire side of the car up without any problem. I wouldn't want to be using a jack at more than about 75% of its weight rating on a regular basis. For a big truck I'd step up to at least a 4k pound jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    The coupon itself though (and most of their coupons though) say that it can't be used on Floor Jacks...
    Yeah and like I posted it also says it can't be used on sale items yet you can (as rage has found too).
    Scott

Ah so the 20% coupon will work...awesome!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX

Picked up the 3 ton jack and a bunch of other crap (which I'm SURE I'll need later, lol). The 20% coupon did work on other sale items, but not for the jack.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Damnnn The jack is up to 89.99 now. I've been looking for a jack. I've been using the scissor jack the car came with.

I have 2 floor jacks but neither fits under the wrx
    '12 WRX Premium 5door (SWP)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast