2014 WRX entirely new. - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2014 WRX entirely new. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; One thing that can be speculated is that the 2014 will not have a hood scoop. Pure speculation on my ...

I Support ClubWRX
    One thing that can be speculated is that the 2014 will not have a hood scoop. Pure speculation on my part based on recent design trends on their other models with ICs.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    One thing that can be speculated is that the 2014 will not have a hood scoop. Pure speculation on my part based on recent design trends on their other models with ICs.
    That’s odd that test mule that has been shown several times and all over the net clearly shows a hood scoop and a mule based on the '12+ Impreza. Not to say they couldn't shrink the current body Impreza down a bit, but one thing they went out of the way to include was the hood scoop. Personally, like top-mount IC's or not, one mainstay design cue that clearly identifies a WRX or any Subaru with a turbo motor is the hood scoop. First thing people always say when they see my '13 WRX is how mean and pissed off it looks in the front, especially with the hood scoop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-Subaru-WRX-front-three-quarter-1-623x389.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	109436

My own personal speculation is that the next WRX will be basically the '12+ Impreza, SOA may opt to not call it an "Impreza" or badge it as so but I bet it will still be the Impreza body and you can wager the first three years will be watered down just like '08-'10 (This is why I got a '13 while I still could) and later they will make a wide body look and put more aggressive rubber under it for the mid-model cycle update and call it a day. No doubt the STi version if even offered in '14 should be a little more unique and special unless Subaru just moves the STi line entirely over to the BRZ which would be awesome too. As far as WRC, I doubt Subaru sees a business case in going after that anymore, IMO as much as I like the WRC it is such a small niche market. Plus as tougher fuel economy standards keep getting harder to gain by manufactures along with stricter emissions, it's hard for any manufacture to make a business case out of racing these days. I also don't think an ultra-concervative company like Subaru joined at the hip by 20% ownership from Toyota would be willing to develope a specific chassis and one off parts for a low volume unit that the WRX will be when it arrives.
    Last edited by Pool Runner; 11-09-2012 at 07:25 PM.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

I Support ClubWRX
    The IC will in all probability still be a TMIC. Just speculation on my part based on the 2014 FXT which does not seem to have a hood scoop. Instead it draws air from the front grille.

And the Subaru XV Diesel(not sold here)

The 2014 Forester XT

Last edited by rage-wrx; 11-09-2012 at 07:39 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I wouldnt say the 09-10 are really that watered down besides the widebody. Dope OD. After going four door I can never go back. I would like to see a coupe though. All rumors and speculation as said but there is always a little truth behind a lie. There is always a little truth behind a rumor as well.
    Last edited by Subaryan; 11-10-2012 at 08:09 AM.
    2010 WRX Hatchback
    WRB

I Support ClubWRX
    To be fair, the 2.5RS, some versions of the GC-era WRX and the legendary 22B STI were all coupes, so the coupe notion isn't unprecedented for Subaru, but they have a coupe in their current lineup: the BRZ. I doubt they would risk cannibalizing BRZ sales with a much more powerful, AWD WRX/STI coupe.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    To be fair, the 2.5RS, some versions of the GC-era WRX and the legendary 22B STI were all coupes, so the coupe notion isn't unprecedented for Subaru, but they have a coupe in their current lineup: the BRZ. I doubt they would risk cannibalizing BRZ sales with a much more powerful, AWD WRX/STI coupe.
    On top of that, people just don't buy or want coupes in the states anymore, I can't speak for the ROW.
    Current vehicles:

No hood scoop? No more IC dings from rocks....
    I'll keep my dings, thank you very much Toyobaru!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.

Ill also keep the functional hoodscoop. I hope they keep it that is.
    2010 WRX Hatchback
    WRB

What will it have?

1.6L turbocharged FA16 engine (1.6 required for WRC)

Whether that will happen in the US or not remains to be seen. This is the only thing I would bet money on. You could also bet that the STI will have a turbocharged FA20 making roughly 300hp.

Apart from that, nobody really knows ****.

Honestly, I just hope it makes equal or more power (especially torque) than the current WRX and with a lighter chassis. I also hope they DO NOT make it a coupe (do we REAALLY need another coupe?) and make the hatch optional. There's something to be said about allowing your friends to enter your car without having them squeeze between your seat and the B pillar and then drive quite quickly with 4 comfortable adults. Besides... how do you have more than 2 passengers in your 2+2 if you opt for fixed seats? Do not want.

I'm really concerned about the idea of it being shortened. If we take it back to real life, that is going to take away a lot of usability. As it stands now it's unique, because it's a great performer, a blast to drive, and you can have someone sit in the back seat, without them having to be a double leg amputee.
    I love my WRX, but if they shrunk it to say the size of the BRZ, I'm out looking for a different car.

Quote Originally Posted by pander005 View Post
    I'm really concerned about the idea of it being shortened. If we take it back to real life, that is going to take away a lot of usability. As it stands now it's unique, because it's a great performer, a blast to drive, and you can have someone sit in the back seat, without them having to be a double leg amputee.
    I love my WRX, but if they shrunk it to say the size of the BRZ, I'm out looking for a different car.
    It will be within the realm of the competition as I expect they will re-enter WRC with the redesigned WRX. In other words, it will likely be somewhere between the Citroen DS3 and the Mini Countryman. Probably closer to the Countryman.

I Support ClubWRX
    If they shrunk it down to the size of a BRZ, moved the engine back and down a bit in the chassis, and kept the price reasonable, I might buy it. I'm ready to trade some utility for more "sportscar-like" handling.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by pocketdrummer View Post
    What will it have?

1.6L turbocharged FA16 engine (1.6 required for WRC)

Whether that will happen in the US or not remains to be seen. This is the only thing I would bet money on. You could also bet that the STI will have a turbocharged FA20 making roughly 300hp.

Apart from that, nobody really knows ****.
    Im going out on a limb, but I don't think Subaru gives a damn about WRC anymore. When the brand planted the seeds in the first two generations, the result is everyone knows what an STi is or WRX. On top of that the cars are far more powerful and capable than they ever had been previously.
    Current vehicles:

Quote Originally Posted by pander005 View Post
    then it would just end up being similar size to a GD generation model again...not that big of a deal...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.