The WRX WAVE - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on The WRX WAVE within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I dont always see a wrx/sti until it's too late or I'm shifting/turning/driving etc. I wave when I can, sometimes ...

I dont always see a wrx/sti until it's too late or I'm shifting/turning/driving etc. I wave when I can, sometimes I get a response, sometimes I miss responding.

Got a wave from a guy in his 50s in his 72 charger (Petty blue I think?) with a bumper sticker that read "Yes, it's fast. No, you can't drive it" He was ambling along just like I was. No need to measure penises. The three 370z's I saw all made a production out of passing me that day. I get a lot of that from the 370/g35 crowd. It is amusing, but I'm not a racer so I lose a lot of races I am not even aware I am running.
    Not as many parts left over this time... what am I missing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wave (actually give the peace salute)...to every Subaru with a hood scoop I see...coming my way...get about 90% wave back...
    -MACE-
    *HAVE YOU HAD YOUR WRX TODAY!*

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rummie View Post
    but I'm not a racer so I lose a lot of races I am not even aware I am running.
    LOL, that happens to me, as well.
    Yesterday I got behind a new Mustang V6 at a light. The light changed, and he stomped it hard. I had reason to get up to speed, because that lane goes away about 1/2 mile down the road, and I like to get settled to the continuing lane before it becomes an issue. Anyway, I decided to stay with Mr. Mustang 'til about 10 over the limit, and then I took my foot off the gas, put on my signal, and moved over to my lane. He kept accelerating into the distance; had to have been going over 80mph on a 45mph road, and then finally moved over. I'm sure he thinks he thrashed that poor old WRX wagon, back there.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Not as many parts left over this time... what am I missing?

still have the same "problem" as before with the waves. blobeyes and hawkeyes wave all the time...but you third gen owners... i have goten a few but no where equal to the waves i give to them
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I wave from my 2011 hatch all the time. Sometimes I'm obnoxiously hanging out of the window to wave cause I'm so excited to see another Rex!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'll always return a wave, (I drive a 3rd gen STi) but like some others have said, it's an enthusiast thing.

I'll wave or give a nod to any nicely done car. Doesn't matter if it's a Subie, Evo or Honda. A clean, modified car deserves a nod.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

I'd say the vast majority, 80%, of the people I flash/wave/beep do the same back. Obviously only to fellow wrx/sti drivers, and maybe a few forester xr's (WRB of course). But you know someone that doesn't wave back isn't really part of the "club" anyways and they just drive a wrx and don't take pride in it. So we don't need em anyways.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    still have the same "problem" as before with the waves. blobeyes and hawkeyes wave all the time...but you third gen owners... i have goten a few but no where equal to the waves i give to them
    3rd gen wave!
    Rod
    2014 WRX SWP Premium sedan
    Stink-Eye Mob #57
    "Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility" - rarrior

Off topic: please allow me to share the anti-Subaru wave:

In the space of a 30 minute drive in my WRX this afternoon....I came across the most dangerous animal on the planet: A women in a SUV, who cut me off.

Then I got cut off twice by BWM drivers....bet you can guess I didn't give the Subaru Wave to them...nor did I give them the "Single Finger Salute"...I gave them what I christen: The Anti Subaru Wave: "That single Index finger wave back and forth of: "Shame on You A**WHole"
    -MACE-

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pmacey View Post
    Off topic: please allow me to share the anti-Subaru wave:

In the space of a 30 minute drive in my WRX this afternoon....I came across the most dangerous animal on the planet: A women in a SUV, who cut me off.

Then I got cut off twice by BWM drivers....bet you can guess I didn't give the Subaru Wave to them...nor did I give them the "Single Finger Salute"...I gave them what I christen: The Anti Subaru Wave: "That single Index finger wave back and forth of: "Shame on You A**WHole"
    Cool story bro. You stress out over traffic too much.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Edited
    Last edited by wrxtreme06; 06-10-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Cool story bro. You stress out over traffic too much.
    LOL...yes I stress...I'll explain and not complain: Got laid off one week after buying my new 2013 WRX on 11/2/2012...it's still under 2000 miles...had a little gas money in my pocket today, went out for a drive with the sunroof and all windows open...wanted to have a good time...I did but also found myself dodging idiots on the road.

Regardless, I drove my WRX today...and Hells Yes...it was a blast and a stress relief!
    Last edited by pmacey; 06-09-2013 at 04:16 PM.
    -MACE-

Edited
    Last edited by wrxtreme06; 06-10-2013 at 08:55 AM.
    -MACE-

Edited.
    Last edited by wrxtreme06; 06-10-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast