The WRX WAVE - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on The WRX WAVE within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Been waving at fellow owners since October of 2001. However, I have noticed a lack of enthusiasm or response wave ...

Been waving at fellow owners since October of 2001. However, I have noticed a lack of enthusiasm or response wave from the newer generations of WRX and STi owners. The jury is still out on the BRZ owners.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I started waving since July when I got my car. I finally got a wave back yesterday from a hawkeye STi.
    -NAS

2011 SUBARU WRX (LR) - DAILY
    MODS: 30% Tint - Smoked Tails - Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit w/ DDM Tuning 35w5000k - Fender vent led turn signals - Kartboy short throw shifter w/ bushings - Flossy Shift knob

I Support ClubWRX

The WRX WAVE

I'd have to say I get about 80% of return waves. My gf thinks I'm a dork but she often participates in waving. And when I don't get a wave more often then not it's from 07 and older.

I experienced the wave yeaterday for the first time I didnt know that was a Subie thing but I like it and will wave to all fellow wrx drivers

Quote Originally Posted by pdrpowerofWRX View Post
    Been waving at fellow owners since October of 2001. However, I have noticed a lack of enthusiasm or response wave from the newer generations of WRX and STi owners. The jury is still out on the BRZ owners.
    IMO, the BRZ owner is as different from your typical WRX buyer as say the Forester clientele is to the WRX. As an example I'm not going to wave at other WRX's when I'm in my Outback as they will more than likely think WTF? ya know. Im saying the guy that drives a BRZ was likely not thinking WRX when they bought their car, therefore could care less about the WRX.

I mean I even looked at the BRZ for a hot minute, but really knew deep down inside I am more of a four door, AWD, TURBO type enthusiast more than I would enjoy a front engine, rear drive coupe. And then I come from the old School where a Subaru is always AWD period. Yes I do remember when Imprezas were availible in the 80's with front wheel drive, but still when I think of Subaru I always think AWD.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool Runner View Post
    I mean I even looked at the BRZ for a hot minute, but really knew deep down inside I am more of a four door, AWD, TURBO type enthusiast more than I would enjoy a front engine, rear drive coupe. And then I come from the old School where a Subaru is always AWD period. Yes I do remember when Imprezas were availible in the 80's with front wheel drive, but still when I think of Subaru I always think AWD.

What about when the Brat was in production? It was 4WD.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Re: The WRX WAVE

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Runner View Post
    IMO, the BRZ owner is as different from your typical WRX buyer as say the Forester clientele is to the WRX. As an example I'm not going to wave at other WRX's when I'm in my Outback as they will more than likely think WTF? ya know. Im saying the guy that drives a BRZ was likely not thinking WRX when they bought their car, therefore could care less about the WRX.
    You might be right, I waved at an Outback XT(stock?) today, nada.
    Said "Nice Outback" to another dude at a gas station(XT with Perrin front plate)... "Oh! Thanks, you too!". He seemed shocked yet happy to hear a compliment about his car.
    Last edited by UEDan; 11-25-2012 at 11:13 PM.

Pulled up behind an STi the other day. He gave me lots of looks in his rear view mirror, but no wave. And then he straight gunned it when the light turned green.

Re: The WRX WAVE

The wave is just a universal thing shared with various enthusiasts. I have an 87 camaro z28 and I get waves from other camros and dirty looks from mustangs, aswell as the crazy fart braaaaps from the civics. When I ride my Harley its more universal, all bikes of all makes and models usually wave. I'm also a truck driver, so I get constant waves and arm tugs, especially from children.

When I finally find a wrx for me ill join the club and wave even at the hawk eyed sti's who leave me in the dust.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I was heading down to get some liquor with the wife in Birmingham, saw a beautiful blue BRZ. He was following behind me and I waved, he eventually passed but as he did have me a big smile and wave back. Guy had a awesome mustache. I'm in an 02 wrx

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Slimjimfatty View Post
    I'm also a truck driver, so I get constant waves and arm tugs, especially from children.
    Are there times when you guys won't honk? When I'm in front of a truck I sometimes do arm tugs and get nothing =(

Posted from a fone.

I usually gt waves where ever I go by othe wrx drivers.
    If I'm in my explorer and its covered in mud I get waves from others covered in mud.

Saw a 2010 Hatchback STI the other day. Gave a quick wave out of habit at the guy and for some reason rather than ignoring, he decides to flip me the bird instead. What a douche.

I have had other STi/WRX owners wave at me from time to time. Last weekend on Saturday, I had a black '06/'07 STi wave and speed by.

I've always loved the WRXs....I'm still not so good with being able to tell all the generations though. If I recognize one...I wave. I get waves from about 80+ % of other WRXs.

Was the same when I had my sportbike, and my S2000.
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast