The WRX WAVE - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on The WRX WAVE within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Too much of a noob?? or just minding my own business with the traffic in this area..... I saw a ...

Too much of a noob?? or just minding my own business with the traffic in this area..... I saw a total of three WRX/STI sedan and hatch combo on I95 and the neighboring columbia township in the last three days..... waved at ZERO due to the fact I only saw them when I heard loud Scoobie exhausts as they went by except for the black stink eye hatch this morning. I saw the car, rolled my windows down, and we just made eye contact and that was it..... It seemed the whole family and luggage were packed in the car and headed out for a holiday weekend

The other two, a white stinky hatch and a black stinky sedan were nicely mod'ed and their presence were "heard"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

get waves from stis, evos, and even got one from a built 69 camaro the other day....kinda cought me off guard

I Support ClubWRX
    I got the finger last week from some flatbrim in a slammed, murdered out tC with rice-blue bulbs....just laughed about it for like 5 minutes.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I honestly can't think of a time in the month that I've owned this car when there wasn't an exchange of waves.

Plenty of engine revving from modded Civics at stoplights, but I'll just rev mine and let them squeal off when the light turns green while I drive like someone who isn't an idiot.
    PA-C

I still catch myself waving at JEEP Wranglers....the vehicle I owned for the previous 3 years till I traded it in on my new 2013 WRX

Live in Northern Westchester...must be driving on roads my fellow WRX owners don't...since delivery of my REX on 11/2/12...I think I've only seen 3-4 other WRXs on the road

-MACE-

I've gotten a few waves from WRX drivers, and it's nice, but mainly I just get looks and eye contact from everyone else.

I have owned a 2004 Wagon and now a 2012 5 door - both WRXs and both stage 2+.

In that time I have come to the following conclusions.

1. Guys in older WRXs that used to wave to me don't as much anymore in the 2012.

2. Guys in newer stock (at least they appear) STIs with big egos don't wave.

3. In response to #2 above - a very large % of guys that wave are the enthusiasts that mod/work on their cars regardless of WRX or STI

4. Every time my wife is with me and another WRX waves she laughs - been going on for years and she thinks I am a loser.

and

5. People in slow cars always feel like they have to push the pace with me yet, in general, people with fast cars usually don't.
    2012 WRX 5 door WRB

Protune, Cobb Airbox, Cobb DP, SPT Exhaust, Short throw, DBA 4000 slotted rotors, Hawk Racing Pads, Goodridge lines, Whiteline front and rear bars and endlinks.

Quote Originally Posted by slowdown View Post
    5. People in slow cars always feel like they have to push the pace with me yet, in general, people with fast cars usually don't.
    Yeah, I've always noticed this, regardless of the car I was in. Generally (of course this doesn't apply 100%) the more of a sports car a car is, the less you see asshattery. Fart canned civics and etc drive like maniacs while the guy in the corvette/porsche/etc just cruises by at a leisurely pace.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Don't get behind a mini-van going down the Bear Mountain Goat Trail to the Annsville Circle, in Northern Westchester!

Much worse being behind a slow moving vehicle who can't get our of their own way...than a vehicle behind you, pushing the pace.

BTW: What is the most dangerous animal on the planet?

-MACE-

Re: The WRX WAVE

[QUOTE=pmacey;2957961]

"BTW: What is the most dangerous animal on the planet?"

A spooked white tail deer on the shoulder. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Yeah, I've always noticed this, regardless of the car I was in. Generally (of course this doesn't apply 100%) the more of a sports car a car is, the less you see asshattery. Fart canned civics and etc drive like maniacs while the guy in the corvette/porsche/etc just cruises by at a leisurely pace.
    I notice this too, slow and average, appliance type vehicles are always trying to push the pace with my car? I don't get it at all, I don't get this at all in my F-150 or Outback even when driving them equally assertive. It is very very annoying.

On topic though, I've had my WRX two months now and haves waved at every WRX I've seen within reasonable distance and haven't got a single wave back. Had a really nice looking '06/'07 with Rota's, exhaust, lowered etc... come up next to me but wanted to race. Had a guy also the other day in a brand new black hatch, right next to me at a light and he wouldn't even look over.

It's almost like hatch guys don't like sedans and sedan guys don't like hatches. One other observation tough is that ever female I've ever seen in a WRX, doesn't matter if hatch, wagon or sedan, year etc... they are always hot.

Come to think about it, only thumbs up I've got since I had my car was a hot girl at the gas station filling up her '08-'10 black 5-door. Guys are too D-bag like out here in California, but that's how our entire bastard state Is anyway though.
    Last edited by Pool Runner; 11-22-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

I always wave at fellow WRX drivers and I have a 90% success rate of getting waved back at.
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

some people just need to pay attention when they drive up here !!!
    #fail mult-tasking

You know someone is attempting to 'multi task' at a stop light, when their head is down, not watching the light turn green, and they sit there...we all know what they are doing.....I give it the 5 second rule before I lean on the horn.

Next thing you know, the WRX wave will evolve into a wave of cell phones at ya....

-MACE-

I Support ClubWRX
    I try to be a calm driver...but the person that is continuously holding up traffic while they text is a challenge for me. No biggie if you hold me up at one light...I'll give him a bit and give him a horn blip. If they then do it again at the next light...yeeesh.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.