Am I the only one... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Am I the only one... within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I gave up parking far away cause as you all say it doenst matter ppl still park by me and ...

I gave up parking far away cause as you all say it doenst matter ppl still park by me and usually closer than if I park next to them.
    Stink-Eye Mob #270
    Enjoy your driving.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Traffic analysts time and time again show that the average person (who is probably not thinking too much about what they're doing) will spend large amounts of time circling and waiting in order to get as close a spot to the door they will be going in as they can. So I would think that someone who parks next to a car that is out in the boonies of the lot like that is actually behaving against pattern.

I'm not saying I'm a total nerd who has read books on traffic psychology...but I am.
    The most recent one I read, and therefore the only one I remembered the title/author of (title was pretty easy anyways).

I've only read one other book, besides various articles, and it was a very long time ago and I can't remember the name of the book or author.
    I figured as much. I picked up this book a few months back after seeing it in the store and thinking it sounded interesting. I haven't gotten very far in it yet though. I never really figured people would write a book about other people's driving. I wonder why people do what they do behind the wheel all the time. Such as "why is parking so difficult for so many people?"
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

Quote Originally Posted by djk5077 View Post
    I figured as much. I picked up this book a few months back after seeing it in the store and thinking it sounded interesting. I haven't gotten very far in it yet though. I never really figured people would write a book about other people's driving. I wonder why people do what they do behind the wheel all the time. Such as "why is parking so difficult for so many people?"
    Spatial acuity! It's why I knew how far my car extends around me in any direction after a month behind the wheel, and my fiancee still doesn't know how big her car is after 4 years!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Stop caring about your paint and people will stop parking next to you. Your car is not special, I park where there is an open spot.
    It is special when your paying monthly payments + insurance and you want to keep it looking as nice as possible. So should I just go kick a few dents in my door so I feel better about people parking next to me?

This is the only time I dont mind when someone parks next to me or I make it a point to do so as well. This was at the end of a big lot.

This was after I came out a short time later...ugh

Last edited by Venom351R; 10-31-2012 at 04:53 AM.
    2007 WRX STI- Stock 13.8@102

Quote Originally Posted by Venom351R View Post
    This is the only time I dont mind when someone parks next to me or I make it a point to do so as well. This was at the end of a big lot.
    This brings up a good point. Sometimes I will purposely park by another car if it is of the enthusiast variety and that person has parked away from everyone else. My reasoning? 1. I would appreciate coming out to see another performance car next to mine, sort of an acknowledgement, and 2. That person is not going to be careless and fling their doors into my panels.

I still will park at a reasonable distance and not crowd them, however.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by nepats555 View Post
    I park as far away as I can although my car is like a magnet, every time I come out to it there's someone pulled up 6 inches next to it.The one pic I parked at the end of the lot in an over sized spot and the guy actually parked in the spot with me

Attachment 109110Attachment 109111
    If they're anything like me, they are parking beside you BECAUSE you park far away. Some of us are just douches like that.

^^^ that is verry likely.... just cant win
    Stink-Eye Mob #270
    Enjoy your driving.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I've had multiple friends tell me that they will park right next to a car when it is parked remotely JUST to piss off the owner.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

There are some things that i can think of that might be a little worse than parking next to someone thats parked alone........and after a bad day then long walk to that remote spot.............well just better hope it wasnt a bad day and your too close lol
    Stink-Eye Mob #270
    Enjoy your driving.

I Support ClubWRX
    Not worth getting excited about. I park away from others, because I like to have a "somewhat dent-free" car for as long as possible. Sooner or later, though, entropy says that the car is going to wind up in a compactor somewhere..just a matter of time. It's no use getting upset about someone who parked close...if they catch you taking some kind of retribution, in the eyes of the police, you'll be the destroyer of property, and they will have done nothing wrong.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I was in LA about six month ago. Randomly parked next to another car. Turns out when I came back from dinner, had parked next to two WRX's. Turns out it was a white 08 and a Red 09. In chronological order, was kinda funny to see the evolution of subaru. Going from 04 to 09.

I Support ClubWRX
    It seems like it happens less often now, but I've come back to my WRX a number of times to find another bugeye or blobeye parked next door in solidarity!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    This brings up a good point. Sometimes I will purposely park by another car if it is of the enthusiast variety and that person has parked away from everyone else. My reasoning? 1. I would appreciate coming out to see another performance car next to mine, sort of an acknowledgement, and 2. That person is not going to be careless and fling their doors into my panels.

I still will park at a reasonable distance and not crowd them, however.
    I do and have had that done to me. I never park to close either but Id rather have another WRX/STI next to me then some random car not knowing why they parked there or if they cared about slamming their door into mine or not.
    2007 WRX STI- Stock 13.8@102

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123