Selling my Subie soon, price/condition questions

This is a discussion on Selling my Subie soon, price/condition questions within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Now to my questions. I am a very honest person and want to set a fair price so that the ...

Question Selling my Subie soon, price/condition questions

Now to my questions. I am a very honest person and want to set a fair price so that the buyer feels they are getting a good deal and I walk away happy as well. The car has 60,000 miles on it and runs perfect. It has a few minor cosmetic faults (4in. crack front bumper under fog light from ice this past winter, needs new fender liners, and has 3 small door dings with no paint damage from them). It also needs a new windshield but I am getting that fixed this weekend.

The KBB value is listed as $20,187 in Very Good condition and $19,487 in Good condition. My plan is to list it at $19,900 and be up front with potential buyers and be willing to workout price. I got an estimate for the door dings that I will show them if asked ($264 total) and tell them about the other minor imperfections. Does this seem like a good/fair approach?

Also, if it makes any difference, there are only 12 (last time I counted this morning) 2009+ WRXs available in the state (new or used). Only one of those is listed for <$20,000 (19,995) and the rest are around the $22k/$24k mark for the base model!

*EDITED* so that it doesn't turn into a debate and just focuses on the question I have
    Last edited by Bern; 10-17-2012 at 12:27 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I bought my 10' for 22k. No damage or flaws. I think 19obo is not to bad.Color and hatch or sedan?
    2010 WRX Hatchback
    WRB

More car info for clarity:

2009 Premium DGM WRX Hatchback
    Mostly highway miles
    Heated Seats
    6-disc CD Changer
    Moonroof
    Heated windshield/mirrors
    Auto dimming mirror
    New All season tires with about 3k miles on them

Well, I just sold it this past weekend and got a fair price! Ended up going for about 1.5k more than dealer offered which was the pay-off amount on my loan.

Now once the title gets transferred I get to put in my order for a 2013 and start the long wait