WRX hill holder, I don't like it anyone else? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 81

This is a discussion on WRX hill holder, I don't like it anyone else? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by nyr8er Deactivate Hill Start Assist on 2011 WRX - NASIOC post #20 here ^ talks very briefly ...

  1. #46
    Lando Calrissian DemonWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cloud City, Bespin
    Posts
    3,314
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr8er View Post
    Deactivate Hill Start Assist on 2011 WRX - NASIOC


    post #20 here ^ talks very briefly about "manipulating the sensor". I'd also assume that software should be able to handle this but haven't heard about anybody who's done it.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Registered User Heide264's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,231
    I Support ClubWRX

    Re: WRX hill holder, I don't like it anyone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by Romdizzle View Post
    I start wondering "what the hell's goin on?!" Then, out of nowhere, I'm off to the races!! It's like surprise launch control.
    Ha. Nice. I like that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

  4. #48
    Registered User nsibanez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    2,654
    I test drove a 2011 wrx the other day. It does feel like the hill assist is much harder to control then my 09. Like the brakes don't want to let go

  5. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    19
    That's the one. Thanks DemonWrx

  6. #50
    Registered User nsibanez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    2,654
    Oh, you don't need to wire it to a permanent ground...just disconnect it I think. Didnlt try it with the hill assist, but tested it out to disable the DRL

  7. #51
    Registered User mcdbrendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    on all 08+ there's a resistor module below the airbox .. just unplug it and no more highbeam drl.
    Thanks for that, unplugged and sealed it up with some tape today. Nice to have hill hold back, no brake light, and DRL's disabled

  8. #52
    Registered User Heide264's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,231
    I Support ClubWRX

    Re: WRX hill holder, I don't like it anyone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Thanks for that, unplugged and sealed it up with some tape today. Nice to have hill hold back, no brake light, and DRL's disabled
    No brake light and hill assist back? I'd want my brake lights so I don't get rear ended.

    DRLs I could care less about, but don't see a problem with them.

    Does removing the drl interfere with the hill assist or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

  9. #53
    Registered User mcdbrendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    853
    Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    No brake light and hill assist back? I'd want my brake lights so I don't get rear ended.

    DRLs I could care less about, but don't see a problem with them.

    Does removing the drl interfere with the hill assist or something?
    Sorry, I was unclear. I originally disabled my DRLs by modifying the parking brake sensor - the DRLs were off, but the parking brake light remained on. This also disabled the hill assist, since it though the brake was already in place. I returned the parking brake sensor to its original state, but disabled DRLs by unplugging the relay under the airbox - at the time I disabled DRLs, I didn't know this was an option. By doing it the right way, I have no parking brake light, but hill assist is back on... I would hope no one is foolish enough to want to disable their normal brake lights.

  10. #54
    Registered User Heide264's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    4,231
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Sorry, I was unclear. I originally disabled my DRLs by modifying the parking brake sensor - the DRLs were off, but the parking brake light remained on. This also disabled the hill assist, since it though the brake was already in place. I returned the parking brake sensor to its original state, but disabled DRLs by unplugging the relay under the airbox - at the time I disabled DRLs, I didn't know this was an option. By doing it the right way, I have no parking brake light, but hill assist is back on... I would hope no one is foolish enough to want to disable their normal brake lights.
    Oooooo, thaaat parking brake light. That makes me feel better. I was concerned for a minute there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

  11. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    12
    Hello everyone ... going to be my very first Subaru WRX ... VERY FIRST Manual transmission I was just wondering what it was going to feel like. How does it work? Do you have to have the Clutch pushed to the floor for it to engage? or does it just activate when ever you ease off the brake and start disengaging the clutch?

  12. #56
    Registered User 11blackwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    1,830
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by NewWRXguy View Post
    Hello everyone ... going to be my very first Subaru WRX ... VERY FIRST Manual transmission I was just wondering what it was going to feel like. How does it work? Do you have to have the Clutch pushed to the floor for it to engage? or does it just activate when ever you ease off the brake and start disengaging the clutch?
    it activates when you are at a stop with the clutch in and in a gear
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

  13. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    it activates when you are at a stop with the clutch in and in a gear
    ok but does the clutch have to be all the way to the floor for the car to realize you are doing it? Or does it just have to be engaged period?

  14. #58
    Registered User 11blackwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    1,830
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by NewWRXguy View Post
    ok but does the clutch have to be all the way to the floor for the car to realize you are doing it? Or does it just have to be engaged period?
    Yes its when the clutch is pressed in
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

  15. #59
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,980
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    Yes its when the clutch is pressed in
    You're sure? I feel like I've had the hill assist engage when I'm on a hill and I just let go of the brake, without the clutch in. Might be I'm just making that up though.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  16. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    13
    I love the hill assist. So far, it's been spot on with how I drive. Just let the clutch out normally and the brake comes off.

    Pretty neat and saves me holding the ebrake on hill-starts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •