WRX hill holder, I don't like it anyone else? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX hill holder, I don't like it anyone else? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by maus Florida is flatter than the 12 year old in my closet, so I never notice it. ...

Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    Florida is flatter than the 12 year old in my closet, so I never notice it.
    Clamf!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    this wont work for the WRX?

'12 STi stage 2

Origin GT = impretzel
    Bf4

-JJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I live a hilly area. The hill assist comes in handy. So I have no complaints about it.
    This, from the guy that preached about cruise control. I thought that you liked to "drive your car". ..?

--Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I don't have to worry about one
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    This, from the guy that preached about cruise control. I thought that you liked to "drive your car". ..?

haha, yes I have yet to use the cruise control on my car. I don't get much of an opportunity to use it on the parkways.

My area has steep hills all over the place & many of them have traffic signals on the top. Every time I'm stopped on a hill,someone just has to stick to my rear bumper. The hill assist is just some extra guarantee that I don't roll back into him. Especially in winter in the snow or on icy roads.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    haha, yes I have yet to use the cruise control on my car. I don't get much of an opportunity to use it on the parkways.

My area has steep hills all over the place & many of them have traffic signals on the top. Every time I'm stopped on a hill,someone just has to stick to my rear bumper. The hill assist is just some extra guarantee that I don't roll back into him. Especially in winter in the snow or on icy roads.
    That's the part I like about it. Still haven't had a chance to try it in the snow with someon sucking your exhaust.

My biggest complaint with the feature is that my home has a horribly steep driveway. I actually have to take entry and exit of my driveway at creative angles to avoid scrapping my front and rear ends. As I'm adjusting the car and feathering on off the clutch to carefully maneuver the car the hill holder is constantly engaging marketing this task frustrating.

Also since there is a slight delay I'm wondering how much that slight drag when leaving a stop is effecting the brake mechanism. I also live in a semi hilly area, so my hill holder is constantly activating.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by impretzel View Post
    this wont work for the WRX?

Short answer, no.

I just tried this out to check. On the WRX, the traction light is only one color....amber. When you do hold it for 5-10 seconds it disables the traction control without the idiot light, but only till you restart the car, not permanently.

And with the above vid you would have a permanent idiot light on your gauge which is more annoying than the hill assist is.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    On a 2009? I was under the impression unplugging the DRL's would also kill the high beams.
    on all 08+ there's a resistor module below the airbox .. just unplug it and no more highbeam drl.

I re-routed mine to fire the fog lights for DRL .. since my car is a base and didn't come with factory fogs I just bought the lights themselves from Rock auto and wired them how I saw fit. Either way we're getting off topic.

Hill holder will be less and less intrusive the more you drive the car. After a while you'll be so used to it being there that when you drive something else it'll feel odd without it. I've been driving stick for 17 years steadily. This is the first with hill assist. Like new underwear it was a little restrictive at first.. but now I barely even notice it. I also keep the car out of gear at stop lights though.. and that does make a difference.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX

WRX hill holder, I don't like it anyone else?

It doesn't bother me unless I back up too quickly then brake. Hill assist engages without me realizing and when I'm giving it gas and letting out the clutch to the point where I should start rolling, it doesn't. I start wondering "what the hell's goin on?!" Then, out of nowhere, I'm off to the races!! It's like surprise launch control.

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    on all 08+ there's a resistor module below the airbox .. just unplug it and no more highbeam drl.
    On the WRX? or just STI

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    On the WRX? or just STI
    Yes. Both.

I seem to remember another method where you disable the 2nd switch on the clutch pedal. You install something on the switch so that it never depresses. In the end, you would lose cruise control. Can anyone confirm this? I saw it on a forum form a google search, but I can't seem to find it again.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast