16.8 mpg?!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 16.8 mpg?! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 2012 base wrx, stock, roughly 1500 miles. Am I that heavy-footed, or is something wrong? I'm not Mrs.daisy by any ...

16.8 mpg?!

2012 base wrx, stock, roughly 1500 miles. Am I that heavy-footed, or is something wrong? I'm not Mrs.daisy by any stretch, but I'm not that hard on my car. I didn't get a wrx for fuel efficiency, but I see lots of guys on this forum averaging 22+ so I'm starting to think that either somethings wrong with my car, or everyone else is hypermiling their cars?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    2012 base wrx, stock, roughly 1500 miles. Am I that heavy-footed, or is something wrong? I'm not Mrs.daisy by any stretch, but I'm not that hard on my car. I didn't get a wrx for fuel efficiency, but I see lots of guys on this forum averaging 22+ so I'm starting to think that either somethings wrong with my car, or everyone else is hypermiling their cars?
    City or highway? Hills or flats? Traffic?

Way too many factors. My stock '11 gets around 19 in the city and 30 on the highway if I stay around 60mph. You're also just past break in so you still may see some improvements from that.

Also, don't trust the dashboard. Calculate it at the pump because that thing can be off by a couple mpg.

Re: 16.8 mpg?!

Quote Originally Posted by TrozPSU View Post
    City or highway? Hills or flats? Traffic?

Way too many factors. My stock '11 gets around 19 in the city and 30 on the highway if I stay around 60mph. You're also just past break in so you still may see some improvements from that.

Also, don't trust the dashboard. Calculate it at the pump because that thing can be off by a couple mpg.
    Mostly city, pretty much all flat, and that dash POS thing was reading 19.5

I once got around 17. It was real short drives, cold engine, city, everything that's bad. Have quit going those short stints, things got a LOT better. I'm getting 21 city most of the time, but am driving just with the traffic. I keep rpms between 1500 and 3000. Mostly around 2000. 16.8 doesn't sound right. Maybe there was an error in there? Do try the gas used vs miles gone, I usually fill to completely top and go with those numbers. My MPG display is seriously off due to the larger injectors that are installed on mine, together with larger turbo and such......
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Driving style is everything in these cars. There were people getting some pretty bad numbers out of their bugeye WRX's back in the day, at the same time that I was getting 25-27mpgs out of my Stage 2 car.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

its normal. city driving i get 17, maybe less. highway i get up to 30.
    plus what PSU said, a lot of factors will affect it. totally normal

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    Mostly city, pretty much all flat, and that dash POS thing was reading 19.5
    Sounds right. Torque reads about <19mpg with 4th and under.... city shifting.
    And even with ****ty CA gas prices I'm still not Miss Daisy.

If I baby it I can get 22-25 city my 15 mile commute in traffic I can get 25-27, according to the trip computer. Also I noticed a sizable difference after my first oil change not sure why

doing oil changes at the right time, and using specific oil can be beneficial for gas mileage.
    says something like that in the manual

Instead of relying on the dash mpg read out actually do the math and figure out what you're truly getting. Only real way to know.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    Instead of relying on the dash mpg read out actually do the math and figure out what you're truly getting. Only real way to know.
    I did that.. The dash was reading 3 mpg better than what I calculated after I filled up my tank and did the math

I'm not good enough at math to do that...honestly I don't even remember some multiplication

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    I'm not good enough at math to do that...honestly I don't even remember some multiplication
    Miles driven divided by gallons to fill your tank = mpg

I never catch on to the easy things -_-

i only get 11.7 mpg at first after a put pulsestar plugs i get 14.7 i have no mods just a intake an exhust. i drive hard an fast.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.