16.8 mpg?! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 16.8 mpg?! within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; City will kill you. Just the stop go, stop go... unless you grandpa that accelerator pedal, it's pretty touchy feely ...

City will kill you. Just the stop go, stop go... unless you grandpa that accelerator pedal, it's pretty touchy feely sensitive.
    Like your finacee...even look at her funny and you get nothing -_-

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
    Just hit 1k today, I have had the car for a week. This is what I am seeing.
    65mph - 24mpg
    70 - 22mpg
    80 - 18mpg
    Though I don't put much stock in the dash indicators, this is an interesting metric that people should pay attention to. That's a 33% gain in mpg's, by slowing down from 80 to 65. On the 21 miles of my commute that is highway, that's less than 4 minutes in time. Well worth it, to me. Fast highway driving in rush hour is boring at best, and produces a lot of stress for most people.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Fast highway driving in rush hour is boring at best, and produces a lot of stress for most people.
    During my last trip to the Doctor, after she took my Blood Pressure she asked if there was traffic on the way in. I told her I was driving down Street Rd. (yes, thats the real name and its a 2 lane each way long straight road filled with traffic lights and idiots), she goes "Ok, nevermind"
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    During my last trip to the Doctor, after she took my Blood Pressure , she goes "Ok, nevermind"
    Hot doc?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

My record is 13. It wasn't easy, and I've only done it once. I average about 19. All city.
    2011 DGM sedan
    1995 Miata

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    2012 base wrx, stock, roughly 1500 miles. Am I that heavy-footed, or is something wrong? I'm not Mrs.daisy by any stretch, but I'm not that hard on my car. I didn't get a wrx for fuel efficiency, but I see lots of guys on this forum averaging 22+ so I'm starting to think that either somethings wrong with my car, or everyone else is hypermiling their cars?
    Congratulations on the new WRX!

I bought mine this year as well, and I had a few tanks around 17 MPG right about where you're describing. After I had 2-3 thousand miles I started getting between 21 and 23 mpg. All of this is mostly highway miles. I think what you're seeing is normal, at least based on my own experiences.

is 4.49 a gal hear in cen cal its just a car i car rebuild the whole dam thing myself. its only fule. then parts cars are ment to drive and will brake down no matter what. but i do have two p71s that have over 200k i drive every day. wt no major brakedowns. ford crown vics if you didnt want to google "p71" i also drve them harder then my wrx. thay my comter cars.

had a blood pressuer wt my doc hella funny she grabed me askyed y it was so high i sayed "it was a fun drive hear" 10 minete after it was fine

What is your blood alcohol level?

I Support ClubWRX

16.8 mpg?!

This is a normal post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikana View Post
    Congratulations on the new WRX!

I bought mine this year as well, and I had a few tanks around 17 MPG right about where you're describing. After I had 2-3 thousand miles I started getting between 21 and 23 mpg. All of this is mostly highway miles. I think what you're seeing is normal, at least based on my own experiences.
    This is a post of drugs:
    is 4.49 a gal hear in cen cal its just a car i car rebuild the whole dam thing myself. its only fule. then parts cars are ment to drive and will brake down no matter what. but i do have two p71s that have over 200k i drive every day. wt no major brakedowns. ford crown vics if you didnt want to google "p71" i also drve them harder then my wrx. thay my comter cars.
    Don't do drugs, kids.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

^ the next one followed right after... REALLY: don't do drugs and then go on either the road or the internetz...
    And is it 10 minutes after it was fine that he had the fun drive?
    Quote Originally Posted by ethanesmay View Post
    had a blood pressuer wt my doc hella funny she grabed me askyed y it was so high i sayed "it was a fun drive hear" 10 minete after it was fine
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I Support ClubWRX
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Just to chip in, I have around 325 miles on my '13 WRX and average about 22-23(not exceeding 4k rpm for break in of course). Although this morning the dashboard was messing with my feelings and told me I was getting 28-29. Although I noticed if you disengage the clutch and coast a ways before you get to a stoplight the MPG meter will go up pretty quick. Or at least it did for me this morning.

Re: 16.8 mpg?!

Another reason why the dash gauge is completely unreliable.
    When you coast in gear your transmission is keeping your engine turning. Fuel injectors are off.
    By disengaging the clutch you are dropping your engine speed to idle, and since the transmission isn't helping by running the engine your injectors turn back on, wasting fuel.

Plus by holding your clutch down for long periods causes premature and very unnecessary wear on your throw-out-bearing.

Posted from a fone.

I Support ClubWRX
    Overall, I find the dash gauge/mileage monitor to be accurate. Real-time and short mileage situations are another story. Regardless of your method of tracking miles-per-gallon: mileage monitor or long-division at the gas pump, miles per gallon, would be the wrong reason to purchase a WRX. The new Impreza rocks in the mileage department, but......
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast