Winter Supplies - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Winter Supplies within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Ingo Ice scraper... Tank at least 1/4 full at any time... that's it for me... Same here ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    Ice scraper... Tank at least 1/4 full at any time... that's it for me...
    Same here - unless I'm going on a long trip. Then I bring a change of clothes. I like to live dangerously.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not only winter supplies but does anyone have a BOB or Bug Out Bag(s) set up for the impending zombie apocalypse or other emergency situations? I'd love to know what you have in yours as anyone who has one knows how addictive it is building the perfect BOB with all the right equipment for your climate or situation.
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    Not only winter supplies but does anyone have a BOB or Bug Out Bag(s) set up for the impending zombie apocalypse or other emergency situations? I'd love to know what you have in yours as anyone who has one knows how addictive it is building the perfect BOB with all the right equipment for your climate or situation.
    So I don't but I think I should these days. I have more than enough stuff to put in one, and I know what to put in my backpack to go hiking for 10 days and be fine, but I don't have one prepped and I don't have the food I would choose in the house.

I'm changing my mind about prepping to some degree as I have been caught without power for a week at a time here. These times make me think if I had already done this and this it would be easier, but it hasn't been anything I couldn't solve after the fact (drive 3hr round trip to get a generator from my folks basically).

I've been camping so many times with the philosophy that if you take something and don't use it, leave it out. That seems to be a poor philosophy when considering daily life (I need a generator only once a few years, but these decisions are based on if I can get by a week without one camping) and prepping a modern car.

It seems to be an even poorer philosophy when planning for a long term hiatus from civilized support for my home.

Take the list below - it sounded anal to me at the time. Honestly two sets of jumpers for a manual car still does. Regardless, it has more merit than I thought last year, and I think I'm sort of dumb for keeping nothing in there (I have tossed in a sleeping bag for each person when traveling in mid-winter though, which I would put at the top of that list).

I actually think I could put together a great BOB. Just fill the sucker with bacon and a firestarter and a 2.5#cruiser double bit axe on a 26" handle. I'd throw in personal gear to stay warm &dry, and a firearm and a bunch of ammo (ideally a short barreled silenced .22 rifle that will feed shorts or LR and a 9mm sidearm). Add a water filter and bottle.

Any additional items can easily be purchased with bacon or scavenged.

I.e. I haven't put any real thought in to it, but I think the bacon trading would go very well.

Quote Originally Posted by SKI.WRX View Post
    Tow Strap
    First aid kit with food and a gallon of water or sports drink
    Extra layers especially socks
    Extra gallon of washer fluid
    quart of oil
    Metric ratcheting box wrenches
    Metric Socket set
    Phillips and flat head screwdrivers
    2 sets of jumper cables
    tarp to lay down on in snow
    flint/steel/magnesium survival tool
    flashlight
    Emergency flashing beacon

And the less usual ones,

metal avalanche shovel
    Snow saw
    Avalanche probe
    Avalanche Beacon
    Skis/boots/poles
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.