I'm thinking of becoming a traitor... - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on I'm thinking of becoming a traitor... within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, that's what test drives are for. And believe me...I will DRIVE it. I realize the numbers are good/different on ...

Well, that's what test drives are for. And believe me...I will DRIVE it. I realize the numbers are good/different on paper. You're probably right about the torque curve. My WRX has 290 ft. lbs at the wheels at a low 2500 RPM so I would definitely miss that. I'll know within 5 minutes if the G37 is meant for me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

G37 coupe? ;]
    i had a 350Z...just on an anticipation loan though =/, but I still think they have more pull at lower rpms then a WRX

I Support ClubWRX

I'm thinking of becoming a traitor...

Wouldn't be surprising, given the engines involved.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    G37 coupe? ;]
    i had a 350Z...just on an anticipation loan though =/, but I still think they have more pull at lower rpms then a WRX
    I also had a 350z...torque was instantaneous on the VQ35 as it is basically a linear power curve...completely different beast than waiting for boost and a turbo to spool up. So yeah, 1k-3k rpm may in facet be more powerful.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I also had a 350z...torque was instantaneous on the VQ35 as it is basically a linear power curve...completely different beast than waiting for boost and a turbo to spool up. So yeah, 1k-3k rpm may in facet be more powerful.
    I miss that a lot. No lagging, and the sound of the stock exhaust.Now if I can talk the fiancee into getting both a Z and keeping my WRX

the reno is not as rev happy as the wrx but i would love to drive one my wrx is a auto i have stick shifts. but my auto wrx is faster than many stick shift cars. wish all the civic drivers i kill knew it was a auto it would kill them

Alright guys, drove the used G37x. I definitely like it a lot, but I couldn't get past the number of miles on it and the paint definitely had some wear and tear...rock chips. The car was NOT certified. Plus the tires were almost bald...more money out of pocket. They wanted 25K for it. I haggled a little, but ultimately, no go. SOOO...I'm getting a brand new 2013 G37x Coupe in white w/ premium package / NAV. I never had a white car so I'm going that route. It's slightly metallic...not a flat white. I'm picking it up this week! Instead of buying, I'm leasing with very little money down...with the intention of buying. I couldn't pass up the warranty and having a new car again. As for the details...very nice car. It's well put together...quiet and sedated when you want it to be and loud and ferocious when you want it to be. I definitely had a smile on my face when putting it in the Ds mode and flooring it...holy crap does that car go! The stock exhaust sounds amazing too. So I guess I will officially be an Infiniti newbie and will sadly be saying goodbye to my WRX. It's been fun though and I look forward to a new 'relationship'. I will not rule out another WRX in the future!

I Support ClubWRX

Nice car. Congrats!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

lost one to bad for you so i say. but only cuz i dont pay anyone for my car. the g37 has tork just ajust to the rear wheel drive. it can be just as fast as a wrx if your a good driver. most of all have FUN.

So here it is, guys...loving this car! Fast, fun and elegant at the same time. First order of business...tint those windows!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G37x-6.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	109032Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G37x-4.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	109033Attachment 109034Attachment 109035

I Support ClubWRX

Nice! :-)
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Thanks! The stock exhaust is actually pretty impressive as is the stock tune. The low-end torque is amazing and the 7500 rpm redline doesn't hurt. Although I'm taking it a little easy until its broken in a bit. I am eventually changing out the grille with a black one and swapping out the spoiler with a larger body color one. After that there's a nice sounding Nismo axle-back I may bolt on. I'll look at some wheels after winter passes.

I Support ClubWRX

The Nissan VQ series of engines has a distinctive and pleasant exhaust sound.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I would not buy a Mitsubishi at this time. They are having major financial/survival issues at this time in the USA.

I did some upgrades on the G37. The chrome lip spoiler has been swapped with a larger decklid body color spoiler. The chrome grille is now 'midnight black' and I tinted the windows with 3M color stable (35% front / 5% rear)...looks much better! Now I need some wheels and a suspension drop. Although the stock 18" Enkei aren't horrible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G37x-6.JPG   G37x-7.JPG   G37x-8.JPG  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.