I'm thinking of becoming a traitor... - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on I'm thinking of becoming a traitor... within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Learn to drive a stick......

Learn to drive a stick...
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Checking out a 2009 Infiniti G37x coupe this weekend...certified used...looks sharp...premium package. I also found a nice certified 2009 BMW 335i XDrive coupe...but BMW sorta has this 'snob' connotation to it...not sure I wanna do that. I hear people react differently to you on the road. It seems dealers don't want to give me more than 15k for my 2008 WRX.

I Support ClubWRX
    I no longer trust BMW, so I won't own one. They are great cars to borrow though. I like the G series, they are quite elegant. A few members here have had them. They are more refined than the Impreza. This may make them less interesting depending on your tastes.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Infiniti builds a great coupe. Give us a writeup after you check it out.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Interesting thread.

My take? Drive em.. if you like and the price is right .. buy. Oh and follow every bit of advice that SD gives you. Seriously, no joke that guy is overflowing with good solid common sense advice. Of the few years on this forum I have yet to see him steer anyone astray.

I would stay away from BMW.. even with a service plan. They're great cars when they want to be but not overly reliable. VW's no different. When I drove the ralliart I liked it but felt it was underpowered. I also wanted a stick and couldn't get one from dsm without going to the evo. Not a situation you have but that was my experience.

Keep is posted.. I'm subscribed! lol
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Oh and follow every bit of advice that SD gives you. Seriously, no joke that guy is overflowing with good solid common sense advice. Of the few years on this forum I have yet to see him steer anyone astray.l
    I respectfully disagree. SD_GR is an overfed windbag. Half the stuff he says he just makes up on the fly.

Cheers Mango!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

haha.. just call it like I see it man.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I'll definitely keep you guys posted. More importantly, I got the wife's approval to get whatever I want as long as my payments don't start creeping higher and higher. I can live with that compromise. She likes the coupe by the pics. I believe we're going this Saturday morning to check it out. I'm hoping the weather cooperates to make it more enjoyable. I've ruled out the BMW since I've contacted them three times about that car and they haven't even replied yet. That's a sign of things to come in my opinion. Infiniti has been on the ball and very helpful throughout all my questions and requests for info.

The G series infinity was a car that I really wanted when shopping, but a little out of my price range. I know a few people that have them and like them. Down the road I will definitely more seriously consider it. Lots of good advice in here for sure, definitely get some pictures for us!

I Support ClubWRX
    I owned a G35 coupe with the 6 speed. It was a fine car, but a little "dull-feeling", compared to more enthusiast-oriented cars. It just didn't put the same smiles on my face that my WRX's have. Obviously it strikes the perfect balance for a lot of people, though..Infiniti has sold a ton of them, over the years.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Here's the one I'm going to go look at tomorrow. 2009 G37x Coupe w/ 57K miles (still has 12,500 miles left on powertrain warranty)

Attachment 108837Attachment 108838Attachment 108839Attachment 108840

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I owned a G35 coupe with the 6 speed. It was a fine car, but a little "dull-feeling", compared to more enthusiast-oriented cars. It just didn't put the same smiles on my face that my WRX's have. Obviously it strikes the perfect balance for a lot of people, though..Infiniti has sold a ton of them, over the years.
    I also had a G35 6MT with Brembos, nice car yes, but I agree with the dull-feeling. I only kept mine for a year, I truly enjoyed it the first 4 months, after that it was actually kinda boring to drive hence why i sold it. I was looking to get a G37 too, but after driving it it didn't really blow me away either. They look nice, but they're not what they're hyped up to be. My WRX brings a smile to my face everytime I drive it.
    2012 LR WRX Premium Sedan

I get sick of cars quickly though. I've had my WRX for 4-1/2 years. That's the longest I ever had a car. I just want something that's still fast...good handling...and has more creature comforts/luxury. Subarus do NOT have that luxury feel to them...want something a little more 'posh' as someone put it earlier. Considering my WRX only does 0-60 5.6 sec on a cool day...the G37 will actually be a little faster so I'm not giving up any acceleration smiles.

Here's a question...anyone know why the front seat stitching patterns are different? Weird.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Captn_Stock View Post
    I also had a G35 6MT with Brembos, nice car yes, but I agree with the dull-feeling. I only kept mine for a year, I truly enjoyed it the first 4 months, after that it was actually kinda boring to drive hence why i sold it. I was looking to get a G37 too, but after driving it it didn't really blow me away either. They look nice, but they're not what they're hyped up to be. My WRX brings a smile to my face everytime I drive it.
    I only owned my G35c for 4 months, if memory serves. I wasn't enthralled with it, plus we decided to sock away more money each month for kids' college, so I sold it privately. The good news was that those cars barely depreciated, (back then, at least), so I got "nearly-new" money for it from my buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    Considering my WRX only does 0-60 5.6 sec on a cool day...the G37 will actually be a little faster so I'm not giving up any acceleration smiles.
    Yeah, I had the same thought at the time. The G is a quick car, for sure, on paper, but the torque curve of those Nissan V6's is really boring if you're used to forced-induction. I'd hit the gas, and just keep waiting for something to happen. Then you'd look down at the speedo and discover you were going 80. My thing is that I don't buy cars based on statistics, but rather, on how fun they are to drive. For me, given my background, the Infiniti just wasn't it. I had the same impression when I drove BMW 3-series cars. Your mileage may vary, obviously.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast