I'm thinking of becoming a traitor... - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on I'm thinking of becoming a traitor... within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ya, remember some dealers are the typical "crooks" and will keep denying you warrenties because they dnt pay the service ...

ya, remember some dealers are the typical "crooks" and will keep denying you warrenties because they dnt pay the service departmen as much as customer pay. say a water pump pays 1.7 hours, but under warrenty its only .3. Welcome to toyota
    But at the same time I'm not going to recommend something for scheduled maintenance if the car doesnt need it or whatever like some dealers will to screw you over.
    Just do some research first.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Mitsu dealership is pretty much brand new. So far it has a 10 out of 10 saying they would recommend it and is averaging a 4.8 of 5 stars on user reviews...it's not everything, but it's something. It's only been open for a couple months. lol...oh boy. Hey...at least it'll have nice waiting rooms and be up-to-date. Some have even stated they got VERY good offers for trade in...hmmm...interesting. The stars may be aligning, but I'm no easy sell.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    but I'm no easy sell.
    Good! Remember, they don't want the cars. That's why they're selling them. What they want is the money. They don't have the money; you do. Keep as much as possible.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

The fact that it's brand new can be a good thing, and it could also be bad. They could want the best reviewms possible and will give you the best deals from sales to service to drive more customers in, but they are also new and haven't had time to do anything wrong yet. How many reviews have they had?

Altogether...I can only find 10 reviews from various sites...including cars.com
    None are negative yet. I just don't have a lot of options. The other more established dealer is almost 2 hours away...ugh.

That's one hell of a drive. Especially if you need to bring it in for just a scheduled oil change.

I'll probably go to a local familiar tuner shop for oil changes...might as well trust them...

I just came out of a MKIV Supra lol...Dont get me wrong Evo, Ralliart w.e. but this Subaru I have....man talk about loving a car. No wonder they made the commercial based around that. My only plan is to drive this for a year or two and trade it in for a 2011 and up same car....
    I wouldnt mess with a Ralliart...Evo maybe but its not that exciting of a car to me. Its all opinion I guess. I also learned to drive manual on my WRX.
    2010 WRX Hatchback
    WRB

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I was going to say if you expect to work on the car at all, don't bother with a Mitsubishi. But if you're just planning on driving it and not being the one to work on it, go ahead and do whatever you want. Seems like you're not one to stick with a car longer than it's warranty period anyways, so not like you have to worry about the costs of reliability.

Having experience working on newer generation Mitsubishi's, you couldn't pay me to own one. But I do all of my own work, so take that for what it's worth, which to you is probably next to nothing.

Enjoyment of ownership and driving is what you should strive for, so get whatever you'd like and don't worry about the opinions of others.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Came from a gti dsg. I was stage 1 tuned... Maybe it's just me but auto was simply boring.. Yes in stop and go its great but it was nowhere near the enjoyment I get from driving my wrx. You feel so much more control with the manual transmission.
    11 SWP LMTD Hatch SPT Exhaust, Kartboy STS w/ Bushings, 30% Tint, Red tails, Stage 1 TP Tune

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Subaryan View Post
    My only plan is to drive this for a year or two and trade it in for a 2011 and up same car....
    That seems like a lot of money to waste just go get fender flares...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YorkWRX11 View Post
    You feel so much more control with the manual transmission.
    This.
    It's a worn argument around here..."flappy paddle transmissions are better, look at the 0-60 time, Ferrari uses them, shifts in 4 nanoseconds, makes traffic better!!!111!!"

Somehow that doesn't stop it from sucking.

Disclaimer: Just one guy's opinion, YMMV.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    This.
    It's a worn argument around here..."flappy paddle transmissions are better, look at the 0-60 time, Ferrari uses them, shifts in 4 nanoseconds, makes traffic better!!!111!!"

Somehow that doesn't stop it from sucking.

Disclaimer: Just one guy's opinion, YMMV.

I just had this argument with Andy
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

OK, I'm not going to get into a debate about paddle shifters, manuals, automatics, telepathic transmissions, etc. I'm going to get a car (Which car and when...I don't know) with some sort of twin clutch paddle shifters and would PREFER AWD...regardless of people telling me to get a manual and why they're 'better'. I'm HOPING Subaru will come out with some sort of modern day twin clutch design with paddle shifters in the near future and that will definitely keep me brand loyal. I have no desire to drive a traditional manual...so sorry if that insults any of you somehow. I don't even know if I WILL get rid of my car...just sort of shopping and either subtracting or adding cars to my 'potential' list. As of now I've done a couple test drives...Volvo C30, S60 T6 AWD, VW Jetta GLI, GTI, and Mitsu Lancer Ralliart is next. I'm even looking at certified used infiniti G37x sedans/coupes. Basically I want something fun and preferably AWD with some 'ballz'. I will accept certain FWD, but no RWD due to me living in Michigan with weather that changes every 5 minutes.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's your money, and you should get what you want.

That said, I always recommend to people that they learn manual, for the experience and for safety. Best of luck with your decision!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast