Question about test-driving at the dealership - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Question about test-driving at the dealership within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Let's take it a step further. Let's say that at a particular dealer, for some bizarre reason, a minor without ...

I Support ClubWRX

Question about test-driving at the dealership

Let's take it a step further.

Let's say that at a particular dealer, for some bizarre reason, a minor without a license is allowed to drive a $20K USD new car.

Let's say the minor goes online and tells about his test drive.

Although some say there is no such thing as bad publicity, I'd say there is, and this would be an example. I'd hesitate to buy there or recommend the dealer. Even if the kids in the cars don't hit me or anything else, if they don't buy those cars someone else will. I don't want to be the someone.

I also can't see how the practice would in any way... lower operating costs. I have a suspicion about who ends up paying for operating costs.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^Agreed. I would avoid the "teen joyride" dealer at all costs.

I see no advantage at all to dealers allowing test drives for unaccompanied minors. I'm assuming other states are like NC, where you can't register a car in your name 'til you're 18. If a bunch of 16-17-year-olds show up, it's a given that they are buying nothing, at least on that trip.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Just FYI for everyone: Just a regular 2.0i Impreza, not WRX. Originally I was getting a used WRX, hence why I joined this forum. But now things have changed and I'm getting just a regular Impreza.
    Production Assistant located at DRIVE, working on Fast Lane Daily on YouTube
    www.YouTube.com/DRIVE
    www.YouTube.com/FastLaneDaily

I Support ClubWRX
    A regular Impreza may be different but, i think the answer will be the same.

Police: 4 killed in gruesome Long Island accident; driver only had learner's permit - NYPOST.com

Just going to leave this here. As you can see in the pictures it was a WRX.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

And just like that, our insurance rates just went up.... again.

Damn. At first I thought you had made that up since 1) The kid's last name was Beer and 2) Article spelled misspelled Imprezza. I feel bad for their families, friends and for the Beer who will probably have this on his conscience for the rest of his life =/

Talk about hitting close to home for Saltine...

I Support ClubWRX
    ......Oh crap. I didn't even realize the OP is also from Long Island. I sincerely hope everything is okay and he wasn't involved. It's a big city but, it fits a little to well.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    That's absolutely gutting. What a terrible shame.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That's just tragic. It's sad that kids are stupid enough to take huge risks like that when they're that inexperienced, AND on public roads. This was a trifecta of stupid. Going to be a tough life ahead for that driver. I don't know how I would have coped with something like that; at that age, especially.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I see where you are coming from when i bought my car the opinion of a 17 year old was very important... i brought 2.
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

So, it went well. I knew the GM and he let me take along an unlicensed driver, but he was only allowed to drive around a vacant lot across from the dealer.
    Production Assistant located at DRIVE, working on Fast Lane Daily on YouTube
    www.YouTube.com/DRIVE
    www.YouTube.com/FastLaneDaily

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltine713 View Post
    So, it went well. I knew the GM and he let me take along an unlicensed driver, but he was only allowed to drive around a vacant lot across from the dealer.
    So did you actually buy the car?
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123