I thought I found a safe spot to park my car - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on I thought I found a safe spot to park my car within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Wow dude...

Wow dude
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    oh man sorry to see that
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

On a up note I see no reason that would total nowhere near enough damage

Ask the town if the dash-cam in that cop car was on. I bet ya the dash cam got a solid shot of it all goin down.
    And while that may not help anything,you can sure watch the jackass continue backing into your car after hitting it, because how the hell did he make such a long incision along the side of the car? must have kept going after he hit, then realized and went forward.

Make sure you get paid for loss of value. Since the car will now have a blemished CarFax report, it will be worth less then a perfectly clean car. Remember, insurance is not there to fix your car, they compensate you for your loss. Your loss includes the loss of value when you trade the car in.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    Ask the town if the dash-cam in that cop car was on. I bet ya the dash cam got a solid shot of it all goin down.
    And while that may not help anything,you can sure watch the jackass continue backing into your car after hitting it, because how the hell did he make such a long incision along the side of the car? must have kept going after he hit, then realized and went forward.
    I'm sure the police didn't arrive until after the accident was reported... In my state, any damage more than $1500 requires a police report.

As for the tractor trailer, I'm not surprised at all he didn't stop, he probably didn't notice. The difference in mass between the two vehicles is enormous. If an aircraft carrier hits a sea turtle, do you think the captain will feel it?
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Mf645 View Post
    Make sure you get paid for loss of value. Since the car will now have a blemished CarFax report, it will be worth less then a perfectly clean car. Remember, insurance is not there to fix your car, they compensate you for your loss. Your loss includes the loss of value when you trade the car in.
    Can you really be compensated for that?

I just got a very sick feeling in my stomach. That's exactly what mine on order will look like.

I'm afraid I would have a hard time keeping my composier.
    Mark

2013 WR Blue WRX Hatchback in the garage

Whoopsie, I had thought the police car was parked there prior to the accident. And i don't think an aircraft carrier to sea turtle is a good example, I think cruise ship to whale is a better example. and honestly, unless he was hauling vehicle or cement of some sort, I would expect him to feel it.

I would be whoopin some ass after that!

Re: I thought I found a safe spot to park my car

Quote Originally Posted by nepats555 View Post
    Can you really be compensated for that?
    One can hope, but it isn't at all likely unfortunately. I have been in this situation too many times and in my experience, with insurance, everyone loses regardless of who is at fault.....

Good luck though, maybe you will get lucky.

Sent from my HTC Amaze using Tapatalk 2

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    Whoopsie, I had thought the police car was parked there prior to the accident. And i don't think an aircraft carrier to sea turtle is a good example, I think cruise ship to whale is a better example. and honestly, unless he was hauling vehicle or cement of some sort, I would expect him to feel it.
    When I moved to KS from VA we had the 30' truck you could rent and a dolly with a car on it behind that. It is a different experience. It is going to go that far no matter how fast your reactions are, because the car is like hitting air compared to the momentum of a rig. Feeling it is one thing, stopping is another.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like they could just replace the rear quarter panel and the door.. it shouldn't be totaled out (unless there's some structural damage I can't see).

I Support ClubWRX
    wow

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Holy cow! Glad nobody was hurt minus the scoob.....cars can be fixed or replaced.
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.