The wave - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on The wave within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mangostick No they're punk ass kids because they're punk ass kids. They're pretty easy to spot. This ...

The wave

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    No they're punk ass kids because they're punk ass kids. They're pretty easy to spot.
    This is what I'm talking about.
    I find that earlier year owners DONT WAVE at 3G cars. Apparently I only own a hatch corolla or some other model centric load of crap.
    A lot of that around here too, but it's still a lot of the 3rd gen guys that don't wave back either. Pretty much the only people that wave back are the ones I've seen at meets here, rest of them are douchey.
    So that bull**** goes both ways. Besides, at this point I see more "punk ass kids" and Hipster wanna be's driving bugeye's n blobeyes because they've gotten cheap enough for the masses of uneducated ricer punks to pick up. The bugeye is the new civic... Yeah turns my stomach too but its true.
    This, also. For the most part, the guys in the hawkeyes and the stinkeyes aren't ricers, even if some don't wave back. Always exceptions though.
    Last edited by gregroot198521; 09-18-2012 at 05:26 PM.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i have a 3rd gen and i wave to everyone even on divided highways when i can see them

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    need pics of your cherokee pleaseee
    Off topic.. but I was asked so have to deliver. Its a moral imperative

Me on the right (about 40lbs ago) and ex Bro n law on left Believe it or not He's a E6 in the airforce now

Always got waves from Wrangler/CJ folks.. and always returned the wave. After a while I started initiating too and always got a return. Jeepers are a hard core tight bunch. A community I'd really like to get back into with another Cherokee. Hard to find another 2dr though.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Seems like these waving threads come up over and over again ... and it's always the same story. Everyone claims that some group of owners don't wave, etc. Seems to me like everyone keeps trying to generalize their experiences into some grand universal truth - which is never accurate. Depends where you live, what cars you pass by daily, time of day, traffic conditions, and more. I wave most of the time (3G owner) but not always. Sometimes it's more important to actually watch the traffic around me ... or continue the conversation with a passenger in my car instead of monitoring the types of vehicles I may be passing by so I can wave to a stranger. I am sure this is true for each of us. Have I insulted any other owner by not waving? If I did ... they need to get on with their lives and not measure their experiences based on waves from strangers. Is their a Subaru bond? More than most cars, I think its there. But that does not make every owner all gooey inside and fill them with the need to keep me happy by waving back when I've waved at them. That's cool with me.

/rant
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I Support ClubWRX
    holy baggy pants, lol
    '12 STi stage 2

Origin GT = impretzel
    Bf4

-JJ

Re: The wave

I continue my conversation while instinctively press the auto down button and do an over enthusiastic out the window wave. Same while watching the road.

Posted from a fone.

I wave at any WRX/STI that I see. I often get waves in return. The only time I dont is when I did not notice them in time. I do not see any "punk ass kids" driving bug eyes around here. All the "punk ass kids" still seem to be driving the civics. There are a few WRX's that I see often in my area that I believe are owned by mid 20's or so owners but they seem to be tastefully modded. There is also another 07 STI just like mine in the area but it is the blue/gold wheels while mine is the silver.
    2007 WRX STI- Stock 13.8@102

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, so much generalizing.
    If a WRX/STI driver seems to be looking in my direction, I wave. If they're looking, more than likely they have some sort of enthusiast interest and understand that our cars are related. Many times they wave back.

If they aren't looking, then I move on with my day. They either didn't care that bugeyebrid awesomeness was going by, or didn't notice.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

people always hating on the 3g owners.....

just this morning I was following a bugeye and I finally got up along side of him and honked and have him a thumbs up, got a look back like I was crazy.....
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    people always hating on the 3g owners.....

just this morning I was following a bugeye and I finally got up along side of him and honked and have him a thumbs up, got a look back like I was crazy.....
    ^

haha, you should have flipped him off.

I was all foreveralone.jpg
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    My wave is like a bitch slap to unsuspecting enthusiasts.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    It happens occasionally. Less nowadays than in the past. I think partly this has to do with the fact that many GR owners don't even identify a bugeye as a WRX.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    i rarely get waves from 3rd gen drivers :/
    Ah yep.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Got a nod from another bugeye owner this morning on my way to work. It was magical.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.