Currently on an 1100 mile one way roadtrip. .

This is a discussion on Currently on an 1100 mile one way roadtrip. . within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My wife and I are currently on a 1100 mile roadtrip one way from Denver,CO to Beaumont,TX (still in TX ...

My wife and I are currently on a 1100 mile roadtrip one way from Denver,CO to Beaumont,TX (still in TX at the moment). I got off a night shift so the wife drove the first 6-7hrs. The car wasnt too packed, one suitcase and i left my 10" sub in the trunk. She was drive between 75-80 and according to the car we got about 24mpg. I drove the rest of the way and got 25mpg driving 70-75. 2 days ago, I pulled the fused for my amp, and we drove 27xmiles, and got 27mpg driving 65-70! So, I'm considering taking the 19hr drive home at 65-70 for the extra MPG.... just thought I'd give road trip info report. FYI, my car is a 2012 wrx limited, stock wheels and tires, 6,xxx miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    All stands to reason, really. Be safe.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Safe travels

Awesome good luck!
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Thanks guys.

I Support ClubWRX
    Safe travels

Visiting family?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

lucky. those types of distances are so much better with other people. just yesterday i just finished a 1,400 mile drive from santa monica, CA to san antonio, TX.

22 hours. which includes a 2 hour nap in las cruces new mexico. i was exhausted, plus the rain storm for the last 250 miles didn't help.

avg fuel was 22.2mpg going around 80mph the whole way. I saw a couple subies on the way but not yours :'( were you on the I-10 at all?

'11 dewinged/debadged sti packed to the roof with like 700lbs or so of gear
    lambosv21

I did a recent trip between Nashville and Chattanooga- interstate all the way, turned the AC off, opened the windows and stayed below 75mph. I had 28.5 mpg on the meter at the end. Turning the AC off and no hard acceleration (just driving sane) seems to make a huge increase in mileage.

Yep, was visiting family. My wife has family in the Houston area and I have family in the San Antonio area. Nope, most of my driving was on 287 until Houston. A fully packed STI would've been nice to see. Hell, I only saw a handful of WRX/STI's period. A lot of 350/370z's and g35/37's out there though.....and Camaros everywhere you look. lol yeah I snapped a photo of my gauge when it said 31.3mpg driving 55mph in houston, I know I'll never see that again. It dropped after about 10min of driving. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bondorz View Post
    I did a recent trip between Nashville and Chattanooga- interstate all the way, turned the AC off, opened the windows and stayed below 75mph. I had 28.5 mpg on the meter at the end. Turning the AC off and no hard acceleration (just driving sane) seems to make a huge increase in mileage.
    I feel like there would be a point (speed-wise) where the energy drain of the A/C would have less of an impact than the drag of open windows.

That said, my windows are open whenever possible.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I feel like I read an article a long time ago that after 60 mph you might as well run the AC if you are cruising. I know I always have my windows down on the streets and once I am at speed on the highway I just turn the AC on and my fuel mileage is pretty consistent.