How to check VON number? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on How to check VON number? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by TankerTruck Maybe some checklist? Like 'order received (VON Number issued), on the line, on the road, on ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TankerTruck View Post
    Maybe some checklist? Like 'order received (VON Number issued), on the line, on the road, on the boat, on the road, and at the dealer'? That's pretty simple, could be completely computerized, and would make many people rather happy.

I personally think the FedEx thing might be a bit too much. Awesome! But too much.
    I think the main problem is that the company is splintered into distributorships. There is Subaru of america, subaru distributors corp, subaru of new england, and subaru of canada. They are aware that this is an issue and are working hard to fix it. Someone inside Subaru mentioned to me that they were considering putting RFID chips in the window stickers. That way you could log onto a website and at least see the location of your car and you wouldn't need to talk to customer service at all unless you wanted to.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    Someone inside Subaru mentioned to me that they were considering putting RFID chips in the window stickers. That way you could log onto a website and at least see the location of your car and you wouldn't need to talk to customer service at all unless you wanted to.
    Awesome idea. I've never ordered a car before, but my dad has, and the dealer automatically sent periodic updates of where it was at, like "rolling off the line", "at the shipping depot", "on the boat", etc. Pretty high level. but still useful information, and only about once a week, but often enough to show progress. I don't think my dad ever called them, they either called him or he got an email, can't remember.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    Someone inside Subaru mentioned to me that they were considering putting RFID chips in the window stickers. That way you could log onto a website and at least see the location of your car and you wouldn't need to talk to customer service at all unless you wanted to.
    That would mean the world to me right now. It's a simple, relatively cheap and very easy solution to a (in my opinion) very serious problem that subaru has.

I've ordered Fords, Toyotas and Mazdas, and all had some sort of generalized car location system (vague, but better than "We have no idea"). Subaru is the only one that doesn't have anything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.