Sold a 2012 lemon?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Sold a 2012 lemon? within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I leased a wrx in feb. Within the first month there was 5 spots that stiching was coming up on ...

Sold a 2012 lemon?

I leased a wrx in feb. Within the first month there was 5 spots that stiching was coming up on my seat and the plastic molding around the stick shift was popped up and i couldnt pop it back into place. Took it in for repairs had a rental car for 5 days. 2 months later the right turn signal was blinking to fast. Took it in again was told it was bad wiring....on a brand new car. A month later the turn signal started blinking to fast again. Took it in and again they repaired it. Now my back bumper is slightly loose. After checking it i see dirt under the paint, tape lines and dried paint in some parts. My back quarter panel has been damaged and repaired and was sold to me as a new car. Would i be able to take legal action under the lemon law?

Also after several phone calls and run arounds the dealership said they will start my lease over again and give me a 2013 wrx when they come out for the same payments i have now. I highly doubt they will be the exact same payments so im wondering if i could threaten to take legal action if they dont
    Last edited by al52025; 08-02-2012 at 08:39 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A. Someone correct me if Im wrong, but I think for it to be a lemon it has to be the same issue more than 4 times within a certain time frame, not just a POS altogether as it seems you have gotten.

B. Did you get those promises in writing? If not, it limits the actions you can take. If they are going to start your lease over at the same payments, and as long as you haven't put out anything from pocket, I wouldn't go legal for them selling you a crap car. Its just going to cost you time and money with legal fees.

Good Luck regardless
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Thanks for the advice. Im just worried they told me theyll do it for the same payment but when all said and done they will want like an extra 30 a month. Im already paying enough as it is for a damaged car

Get the to put it on paper if you are worried. Argue B**** and complain til you get it right, and if they refuse, go somewhere else after bad mouthing them to everyone
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Take it in for every little thing, get your warranty worth.
    2012 Limited Black Pearl WRX
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm on my phone, so I can't link to it, but can anyone point the OP to the "Ask a Dealer" thread?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I'm on my phone, so I can't link to it, but can anyone point the OP to the "Ask a Dealer" thread?
    Done Ask a Subaru Dealer
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Banned
    California lemon law states that if the car has been in the shop more than 3times for the same issue within the first 18months of ownership or within the first 18k miles it is a lemon, which only means the dealer would have to buy it back from you at a reasonable price.

Did you look up your vin# on carfax? If there is a report on there before they sold it to you as new, then you would have a good case.

As Zach and Rex stated, lemon law applies when a car has the same issue that is not resolved after a certain amount of time/visits to the shop.

I also agree with Zach as far as getting their deal in writing that they'll give you a 2013 for the same monthly with no more out of your pocket. If they do actually put that in writing, then (and we've ventured into opinionworld now) I think they'd be doing a pretty good job of customer service.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Thanks for all the advice guys. Carfax shows no damage they did an even swap to get the wrx i wanted from another dealership. I believe the other dealership damaged it off the truck and never told my dealership about it.

A few things, first, a Lemon car, as stated above has nothing whatsoever to do with the dealer. The lemon law is between you, and the manufacturer. In this case, Subaru will buy back the car from you if it meets your states lemon law requirements.

I did this with a 1998 VW and a rep from VW met me at a Honda dealer to pick up my VW as I bought a new Honda. Again I had issues with my 2008 VW and I filled out the paperwork under the Florida lemon law and after speaking with VW customer relations, they offered to pay for some of my lease payments and I accepted. Again, has nothing to do with the dealer.

As far as the bumper, many states allow dealers to repair bumpers and glass and not report it. They figure in transportation and handling, sometimes bumpers get scratched. There is often a limit in dollars, or something like the repair cannot cost more then 7% of the value of the car.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.