A Tight Knit Fellowship (If You will)
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on A Tight Knit Fellowship (If You will) within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay so I have to put this out there. At this point I am still fairly new to the site ...

A Tight Knit Fellowship (If You will)

Okay so I have to put this out there. At this point I am still fairly new to the site and am always up to get to know more about everyone and their take / opinions on their Subaru Impreza WRX / STI community.

This has happened to me more than once but I wanted to get your guy's opinions on the subject; perhaps you may even be one of the people I am talking about:

The other day on the way home from work I saw a hatchback white WRX with gold aftermarket wheels. It was obvious that he had put a little more than just money into his car; he had pride in it as well. I fall into the same category; sure my car is not the fastest nor the best looking one out there, but I put what I want into my own car as well, including pride and joy. This was obvious to him as well, for when he passed me he looked over to me through his rolled down windows and gave me the universal head nod and smile in approval of my car, just as I had done for his.

I (personally) feel like the WRX / STI community is very tightly knit, unlike (what seems) the other communities are not. Like I said, this is not the first time it has happened; in fact it happens quite often, and it has been a pleasant encounter each time.

I just wanted to get all of your opinions on this subject? Has this happened to you? Did you ever have a negative encounter? Stories welcome...
    '02 WRX Bugeye; Midnight Blue / Black Pearl

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Sure. Other bugeyes flash their fog lights all the time. I have Hella fogs with covers, so I just wave. I've noticed that very few of the newer gen owners wave, though.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I wave to every wrx/sti owner I see, without being overly obnoxious about it. I agree that the newest generation waves the least, but I have a variety of MYs that I see on my commute and the 'regulars' never waved...never have
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I was 3 states away from home, NOT in my car, and waved at a 02-03 blue WRX and told him "nice bug eye " at the next light I always wave, especially to other Rex's.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks, Mike

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I always wave and usually get a wave back

If I am next to a Subaru in traffic I will tell them about the local meet here but usually they look at me like I'm crazy.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    I always wave and usually get a wave back

If I am next to a Subaru in traffic I will tell them about the local meet here but usually they look at me like I'm crazy.
    I wish we could get more meets out here, or maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

As far as the newer gen goes, maybe someone from that demographic can chime in? I know I always wave when feasible in traffic and try to admire other Rexs and STIs.
    '02 WRX Bugeye; Midnight Blue / Black Pearl

I saw an older model WRX (newer than Bugeye, I think. Whatever that one's called...) on my way to work yesterday. Just seeing another WRX/STi makes me smile. It was black with aftermarket black wheels, really nice looking car. After stopping and starting at several lights, we finally pulled up next to each other. I didn't want to suggest I was interested in racing, but I wanted to acknowledge the other guy's choice in car. So, I looked across and made eye contact with a smile and a nod. The guy briefly made eye contact with me and without acknowledging me, looked down at my wheels. Whatever.

I am one of the new generation guys that waves!! I am so excited about the subie community and I hope the new generation will continue to improve on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    I saw an older model WRX (newer than Bugeye, I think. Whatever that one's called...) on my way to work yesterday. Just seeing another WRX/STi makes me smile. It was black with aftermarket black wheels, really nice looking car. After stopping and starting at several lights, we finally pulled up next to each other. I didn't want to suggest I was interested in racing, but I wanted to acknowledge the other guy's choice in car. So, I looked across and made eye contact with a smile and a nod. The guy briefly made eye contact with me and without acknowledging me, looked down at my wheels. Whatever.
    04-05 = blobeye
    06-07 = hawkeyes
    You guys = stinkeyes

Arm out the window wave for me, always.

I Support ClubWRX
    It used to be more prevalent, IMO. Bugeye WRX's (not so much base models) nearly always wave back at me, with enthusiasm, and have for 10 years. As the cars get newer the waves become less frequent.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I got a lot of waves from all sorts when I first got the car. Since then I haven't gotten a wave back in a long time no matter what gen car
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I'm part of the new generation too, and I wave at any WRX/STi I see, there's only been a couple times where I didn't get a wave back. I tend to wave, nod, and flash my headlights, and yesterday I even gave a friendlly honk to an 04-05 wrx.
    Last edited by Captn_Stock; 08-01-2012 at 08:22 AM.
    2012 LR WRX Premium Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    I have another problem. I wave when driving the Fozzie & get ignored all the time. But usually I get acknowledged in the WRX.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I wave when driving the Fozzie
    Do you mean your CR-V?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    04-05 = blobeye
    06-07 = hawkeyes
    You guys = stinkeyes

Arm out the window wave for me, always.

"Stinkeyes"?? Who came up with that name? That's worse than "Blobeyes"!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast