A Tight Knit Fellowship (If You will) - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on A Tight Knit Fellowship (If You will) within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by zax I was being a smartass because the new Fozzie looks just like the CR-V. True story. ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I was being a smartass because the new Fozzie looks just like the CR-V.

True story. A guy was flashing his lights like crazy at me yesterday night at an intersection .It was dark.I seriosly thought it was a Corolla.Coming closer I realized it was a 2011/12 SWP WRX wingless sedan.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I typically drive with my windows open (habit from my smoking days). I'll wave or give a thumbs up to the sporty Subarus. We have a fairly tight-knit, active local club, so most of us know each other. We'll sometimes end up grabbing a beer if going the same direction.

I don't discriminate. I give a thumbs up to any nice cars. Many of the old muscle cars will reply with a WTF? look, but I've gotten returns from Evos, Zs, Lotus',Ferraris, Lambos, etc.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I typically drive with my windows open (habit from my smoking days). I'll wave or give a thumbs up to the sporty Subarus. We have a fairly tight-knit, active local club, so most of us know each other. We'll sometimes end up grabbing a beer if going the same direction.

I don't discriminate. I give a thumbs up to any nice cars. Many of the old muscle cars will reply with a WTF? look, but I've gotten returns from Evos, Zs, Lotus',Ferraris, Lambos, etc.
    I like this. This is something I always emphasize on the road as well; I tell people I have a WRX and love it and they automatically assume that I do not like muscle cars. They are like "oh so you like rice burners"? After I correct them on what a typical rice burner is, I then emphasize how much I love muscle cars. In fact, I like them about the same as my Subaru. I tell them I love my gas mileage too much to drive a muscle car but the fact of the matter is that it is hard to find muscle cars these days in good shape for a good price.

When I go to the track (i.e. Bandimere), not only do I go to gawk at all of the nice classics and muscles, but also at the good ol WRX and STI community. I appreciate all cars, just some more than others.

Nice point.
    '02 WRX Bugeye; Midnight Blue / Black Pearl

Fellow subie owners get a wave as I said before, but with other manufacturers I'm like a roman emperor...thumbs up for nice cars, thumbs down for poor driving.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm glad that there are other people still out there that cruise with open windows, even though they have air conditioning. I like open air, and will keep the windows down if the temps are between 45 and 90'ish degrees. I also close them for meteor showers.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I try to drive with my windows down as much as possible. Upper 90s i may turn the a/c on occasionally just to offset to heat at stoplights. A couple weeks ago I was driving to MD and it was pouring rain, but at highway speeds the rain wasnt really coming in, so I had all 4 windows all the way down
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    I'm glad that there are other people still out there that cruise with open windows, even though they have air conditioning. I like open air, and will keep the windows down if the temps are between 45 and 90'ish degrees. I also close them for meteor showers.
    I never have more than my drivers-side window all the way down. Typically, it's FDS down/cracked, FPS half, RDS/RPS cracked...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    I am of the newest gen, and I wave to all sporty Subies, even the RS drivers.

I generally see at least one WRX or STi every day I leave the house (not counting mine). There are a lot of them around here. In the last 18 months of owning, can only remember 3 or 4 WRX/STi drivers not waving back.....one of them being a member here who swears he did not see me when he was on his way to CF12.

The RS, LGT and FXT I only wave at if their car looks like they have pride in it. There are quite a few of them in the area, many are driven by non-car people. When I do wave, most LGT wave back, not many FXT drivers wave back though. The RS crowd is a bit harder to read....only a few wave back, most seem to look at you like they are saying 'Its a RS not a WRX jagoff', but I don't care.

I normally have the windows down.....if it is 90ish, the windows are down and the ac is on (while in town with all the stop and go).....and I too drove last week with the windows down in the rain.....I have even found that over about 40 you can have the sunroof open in the rain and not have any water get in
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

With every day being between 90 and 100 where I live, I've barely used the windows on my new car! A/C is on all the time unless I'm driving home late at night. But then my comfortable temperature is 55. Over 70 and I'm sweating. I long for winter...

I generally wave a other wrxs/stis. I'd say most who see me, respond. I know I've occasionally failed to wave back to a fellow subie owner. Usually its on a four lane at faster speeds and I don't see them til there right beside me with their hand out the window. Hope I'm not giving the Stinkeyes a bad rep.

I will say, recently I was considering buying an evo for awhile (blasphemy, I know) and spent some time surfing the evo forums. For what ever reason, the suby community seems to have a better feel to it.
    Stink-eye Mob #17

2013 WRX STi Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    exactly my feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by xcEXrdr View Post
    I generally wave a other wrxs/stis. I'd say most who see me, respond. I know I've occasionally failed to wave back to a fellow subie owner. Usually its on a four lane at faster speeds and I don't see them til there right beside me with their hand out the window. Hope I'm not giving the Stinkeyes a bad rep.

I will say, recently I was considering buying an evo for awhile (blasphemy, I know) and spent some time surfing the evo forums. For what ever reason, the suby community seems to have a better feel to it.
    I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who feels that way. Evo owners are probably more uptight due to the fact that they paid quite a bit more for their cars over the STI which is pretty comparable.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRidesX View Post
    I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who feels that way. Evo owners are probably more uptight due to the fact that they paid quite a bit more for their cars over the STI which is pretty comparable.
    Evo GSR is cheaper than the base STi IIRC.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    .....I have even found that over about 40 you can have the sunroof open in the rain and not have any water get in
    Hm, I reacll there have been quite a number of complaints about water getting in the sunroof while parked. Maybe this car is made to be DRIVEN ?...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Evo GSR is cheaper than the base STi IIRC.
    Yeah pretty much as a joke. In general though they are on the higher end, for older EVOs vs newer STIs is the only way I see the price being about the same.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast