Rear-ended in my 2012 WRX Today.... - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rear-ended in my 2012 WRX Today.... within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What a shock, the guy driving a donk has no money. That dumb ass probably spent his last dime on ...

Banned
    What a shock, the guy driving a donk has no money. That dumb ass probably spent his last dime on his 24" s.

Sorry to hear you had to downgrade because of some jackass.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    What a shock, the guy driving a donk has no money. That dumb ass probably spent his last dime on his 24" s.

Sorry to hear you had to downgrade because of some jackass.
    Yeah it's unfortunate but at the end of the day I'm just happy that I was somewhat reimbursed for it... such a shame that a '12 WRX is in the scrapyard now, I just feel that it's a loss of value to society as a whole

Glad you got reimbursed, the GTI is different. i wouldn't say it's a downgrade just different. That 2.0 turbo, plus interior quality, MPG for a car with that performance is damn good enjoy it bud. Hope you can come back to the community in 3 years then the next gen WRX's will be out!

OH MAN if you lived in S. CALI i'd hook you up on some BBS's CO!
    http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41904

Quote Originally Posted by seeuarndjimmy View Post
    Glad you got reimbursed, the GTI is different. i wouldn't say it's a downgrade just different. That 2.0 turbo, plus interior quality, MPG for a car with that performance is damn good enjoy it bud. Hope you can come back to the community in 3 years then the next gen WRX's will be out!

OH MAN if you lived in S. CALI i'd hook you up on some BBS's CO!
    FS: BBS CO 18x8 Wheels only. Plenty of PICS Inside SOCAL - VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Agreed. The GTI is still a fun car, and you're spot on that the interior is nicer than my base model WRX was. Not complaining about the MPG either!

Those are pretty nice wheels, I'm a little jealous I'm not closeby. Luckily I love the 2013 wheels on my GTI. I like the 2012 ones as well, but these new ones are sweet.

Wow, what an outcome! Unsettling, really. Glad you are ok.

I'm visiting this thread because I'm waiting for my '02 to be returned from the body shop. I was the sandwhiched car also...

The kicker is that the woman who rammed me had 2 friends come for her that were both driving imprezzas. Seriously... and my neighbors across the street just got a new sedan.

I miss my car so much...
    ^..^

Beware of people who dislike cats. -Irish Proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^Whoa, you joined in Jan 2003, and your first post is today? That's got to be some sort of record!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by CattyGirl View Post
    Wow, what an outcome! Unsettling, really. Glad you are ok.

I'm visiting this thread because I'm waiting for my '02 to be returned from the body shop. I was the sandwhiched car also...

The kicker is that the woman who rammed me had 2 friends come for her that were both driving imprezzas. Seriously... and my neighbors across the street just got a new sedan.

I miss my car so much...

Lol wow you did join in 03 and your first post was today...thats a dormant professional.
    2010 WRX Hatchback
    WRB

Quote Originally Posted by junior532 View Post
    UPDATE to all, as promised.

Sorry for the delay, works been busy and I've unfortunately had to car shop for something other than a WRX.

My insurance FINALLY declared it totaled, and I just received my reimbursement check last week. In total it took just over 5 weeks for the whole process, which turned out to be quite a headache.

In the end, I was shorted ~$1000, part of it was my deductible ($500) (which in theory I should get back once they sue him, though he has no money), and a larger portion was I got stiffed on taxes.

I called my Subaru dealer in Colorado to see if I could get my hands on another 2012 WRX, unfortunately all baseline WRX models within 250 miles of his dealer network were sold/inventory was gone. They were taking orders for 2013 in 2 weeks (which would've been this week), but it would take 12 weeks from the time of order to get it, and I simply needed a car sooner.

In the end I had to settle and downgrade to a VW GTI, which feels so slooooow compared to the Rex, and boy do I miss AWD. Only perk is that I'm saving 800 a year on insurance, so I'm planning on getting my hands on a new Rex once I turn 25 (3 years), and hopefully insurance will be more reasonable.

Salt on the wound is that a 2011 STI and 2010 WRX just moved into my apartment complex so I get the friendly reminder everyday I drive by them!
    Dude I was in the same boat as you, last month on 8/29 my GTI was involved in an accident. There was a lady and she was speeding in middle lane the cops flipped the sirens on and she panicked and cut into my right lane and broke at the same time. I had no time to react and went straight into the back of her car. Well my GTI was deemed a total loss and luckily there was the cop that was chasing her and agreed to be my witness. Took 5 weeks just like you and I just received a check for my GTI. But instead of going from wrx to gti I am going gti to wrx. Same difference, hope is all well with you and get a stage 2 tune on your gti, that should keep you happy for a while.

Wow another one of life's great stories right?

Very sorry to read about this and how **** just hits a domino effect ending up with a car that you didn't exactly want from the start.

I personally have gone through so many cars ( not by choice ) due to life. I guess just love your new ride just like the last! It's a good car and you get to just live on. Hope alls well

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    ^^Whoa, you joined in Jan 2003, and your first post is today? That's got to be some sort of record!
    She has posts from before. Something weird happened 3-4 years ago, and many post counts got set back.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by speedsterX View Post
    Did you grab the lug wrench out of the trunk and beat that dude to a pulp? I would have...
    +1 I feel competely sorry for the person that wrecks into me. I'll definitely be going to jail.
    Hawk-eye Alliance #156

I Support ClubWRX
    Why? It's just a car, and not remotely important in the big scheme of things.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Car < Jail according to Will's "how much does this impact my life" scale.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    +1

Damaged Car < Jail according to Will's "how much does this impact my life" scale.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

That's just how I am, I've invested way too much money, time, and patience into my car to have it wrecked into and totalled by some guy that doesn't want to pay attention while driving or hauling a$$ through an area where there are other cars, people, children, ect.. that's just me though. I work hard for what I have and I take care of it.
    Hawk-eye Alliance #156

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast