Don't drive angry. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Don't drive angry. within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; YES mango. Fantastic....

YES mango. Fantastic.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You're definitely going to need a new tire, and if they have more than a few thousand miles on them, 4 new tires. Definitely an expert rim repair too which should run you minimum $100 and probably closer to $150. Definitely going to need an alignment and there's a good chance you bent something in your suspension that will require an expensive replacement.

Driving angry definitely doesn't get you anywhere. I try and put on some relaxing music or listen to NPR (yeah I'm old) and take a route that doesn't allow me to drive fast.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Thank everybody. I appreciate all the advice. I will be finally getting that alignment I've been putting off for sure.
    Since then, I've already burned through a full tank and the tire pressure is still spot on, no loss. So Side wall is still perfectly intact and no vibration at speed, surprisingly. Just a SLIGHT pull to the right, and I mean so SLIGHT that it might just be my imagination/never looking at the steering wheel when driving. But will still have it checked out.

I finally re-read my post, sounds worst than it was due to the minimal information.
    I was braking from dunno... 3nd @ 4k making a right hander, heal-toed as I usually do that corner but jerked a little harder to the right and kissed the edge of the ramped part of curb.
    It wasn't a, SKIIIIID BAM! Into the curb kind of thing at all.

@Hung_Wei_Lo: thanks man, I'll also double check on that. Hopefully not, since the tire was not flat. Ride is still harsh as ever =P

@RayfieldsWRX: funny thing is I don't mind traffic with the WRX. Thats my time to be alone(if I am), roll down the windows, crank up the music and sing like an idiot from American Idol. A lot of Dave Hause lately.

@rage-wrx: Goddamn dude, on top of my personal BS, I went through the same thing just a few hours before... well, minus the cool slide. AWD is too grippy for CA =P

@etnpnys: Hahaha dude that sucks! I think that was Lady Karma in disguise =P
    As for the dirty remark, Subaru Outback Love Wash Me Commercial - YouTube Thats all I gotta say.... 'cept it don't rain enough here in CA. You know how it is man.

@MangoStick: hahah I love that movie, thanks for the reminder man!

@teflon_jones: Thanks man, I didn't consider the rim as much as my suspension/alignment. Hopefully there isn't any damage besides visual.
    Last edited by UEDan; 06-06-2012 at 08:23 AM. Reason: grammer

Ground Hog Day is the awesome.. and I def wasn't mocking you but I'm hoping this will learn you a little and next time dont cut the apex so tight. Your car will thank you lol
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

That damage looks like more than the rim protector based on your photos. Can you see any cords or sidewall reinforcement through that damage? I wouldn't feel comfortable driving with tires with cuts that deep in the sidewall, especially if you drive aggressively (as you obviously do).
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Ground Hog Day is the awesome.. and I def wasn't mocking you but I'm hoping this will learn you a little and next time dont cut the apex so tight. Your car will thank you lol
    Everything Bill touches turns to gold! Hahaaha, and even if you were, its all good. I'm not gonna bitch over a little joke man.

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    That damage looks like more than the rim protector based on your photos. Can you see any cords or sidewall reinforcement through that damage? I wouldn't feel comfortable driving with tires with cuts that deep in the sidewall, especially if you drive aggressively (as you obviously do).
    No cords, nothing. Pure rubber. I'm at the tire place right now. The guy just checked it out. I'm fine, purely superficial(sp?). I'll take another pic with a better camera. The rim protector on my 205/55/16 Eagle GT is MEATY! And I'm glad for it.
    And just a little agressive ;-)

Sent from my DROID2 Global using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12