WRX Sparks many reactions from different people
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Sparks many reactions from different people within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm a new WRX owner and it is my first WRX. I've only had it since February 10 and already ...

WRX Sparks many reactions from different people

I'm a new WRX owner and it is my first WRX. I've only had it since February 10 and already I've noticed all kinds of different reactions from different people. I've read a few posts about different things that other people had happen to them and I get a good laugh now that I can see it for myself. Here are some examples and I've only had the car for a few months.

I pull into the grocery store parking lot and two elderly guys in their 60's come right over to me and start asking a punch of questions about the car.
    Pulling out of a gas station and two younger kids about 10 years old just staring at my car.
    Meeting a fellow WRX owner and him saying how nice my car is when he has the same thing except the color was differant and it was a sedan.
    While I'm pumping gas at a Sheetz, young kids in a Neon SRT4 staring at me as their rolling by and steps on the gas with his loud ass exhaust blaring.
    Going the speed limit in the passing lane on the highway, passing a Dodge ram cummins diesel and when he see's me he starts revving and drops into low gear and takes off. Then persists to stay next to me waiting for me to make a move . lol
    My friend with a 2008 Impreza saying "it only has a little bit more horsepower than mine". I wasn't even talking my car up he just felt he had to blurt that out.

Meanwhile, I haven't even had a single person just say "hey nice car"
    I'm sure I'll have more things happen like this now that the weather is nice. I'm looking forward to it.

BTW, I went past break in period today and I floored it to 5.5k RPMS (didn't go above 70mph) in first and second a few times. Holy crap. I had a huge smile on my face. I love this car.
    '12 WRX Premium 5door (SWP)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JLong View Post
    Meeting a fellow WRX owner and him saying how nice my car is when he has the same thing except the color was differant and it was a sedan.

Meanwhile, I haven't even had a single person just say "hey nice car"
    Right.....

Have fun with the car! And taking it around a corner will yield an even bigger smile btw. =D <---- kinda like that!

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    Right.....

Have fun with the car! And taking it around a corner will yield an even bigger smile btw. =D <---- kinda like that!
    hahaha! Damnit! I kinda meant other people with a different car other than a WRX.

I'll try taking some corners quick, I'll let ya know!
    '12 WRX Premium 5door (SWP)

I'm with you in the varied reactions boat, but so far none bad!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Funniest car interraction I've ever got, was from a Lancer driver haha. I was goin down the parkway, and some base model mistubishi lancer, not evo, not a ralliart, just a lancer, pull up next to me. black car, pitch black windows, gigantic exhaust, everything else im guessing stock. He pulls up next to me, and i obviously look over, thinking in my head, "look at that dumb obnoxious car that isnt even an evo." he looks over at me, with his left arm blocking his mouth cuz its picked up on the wheel, he jerks his chin up at me giving me the 'nod.' he got a peace sign, and 4th gear. about an exit later, he pulls back up to me, because i wasn't trying to leave him, was just staying a car ahead of him easily because took him a bit to catch up. He finally catches up, starts screaming with his face shiny cuz hes so pissed and fire engine red, i drop down to 5th from 6th and just start walkingggg away from him down the parkway hahaha, he got off the next exit. This was probably the best car story i have and, we didn't exceed 85 mph

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey nice car
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Welcome to Subaru ownership

This story is the same story we all have, and it's a beautiful thing isnt it?

By the way really nice car, and wait until it snows or you find a nice dirt path or lot, that's when your love for that car will really explode!!!

I used to get a lot of bad reactions in mine, but it screamed "race me", and your friend is just jealous obviously. Enjoy it and treat it right and you'll have it for a long time. What did you drive before the wrx?
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by TheGary View Post
    By the way really nice car, and wait until it snows or you find a nice dirt path or lot, that's when your love for that car will really explode!!!
    QFT.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

I Support ClubWRX
    In some ways, the age of "Hey, nice car!" in my neck of the woods seems to be over, unless I'm talking to a fellow Impreza driver. I live in an upscale area, (though I'm not wealthy by most people's definition), and the people driving their Benz's and Bimmers don't seem to be too concerned about a bugeye wagon. They don't seem to care about cars, at all, beyond the amenities of the interior. They go buy what they think that they're supposed to buy, and move on...or at least that's the vibe I get. I'm the guy that will walk over and say "Hey dude, that's a cool C63 AMG you've got, there. I'll bet it's a blast to drive!" After 10 times of guys looking at me like I'm an unruly acid freak, I decided that I'm the oddball in the crowd.

edit:I should add that my engineering company buddies do seem to remain interested in cars. If someone buys something new, there's usually a little ceremony where we all go out into the parking lot to ask questions, get a ride, etc...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I've gotten the "nice car" a lot since I've had mine over the past yr and a half. All the reactions I've had have been positive. Not to many people have tried to race me yet although it's not my "fast" car either it's my corner carving car I've had tons of waves, thumbs up from other drivers either with or without WRX's or sti's. There are a few real nice ones in my area including one that's an 2010 or 2011 that belongs to a hot brunette that works at subway, I need to eat at subway more often.
    2007 WRX STI- Stock 13.8@102

I get all kinds of questions about mine since I debadged it. Most don't know what it is. I guess the Subaru emblems plus the remaining front and side WRX badges aren't enough for most to figure out what the car is.

People in mazdas always try abd mess with.me. never had a pick up want to go tho. That'd be interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JLong View Post
    While I'm pumping gas at a Sheetz, young kids in a Neon SRT4 staring at me as their rolling by and steps on the gas with his loud ass exhaust blaring.
    I don't think this is contingent on your car...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    Funniest car interraction I've ever got, was from a Lancer driver haha. I was goin down the parkway, and some base model mistubishi lancer, not evo, not a ralliart, just a lancer, pull up next to me. black car, pitch black windows, gigantic exhaust, everything else im guessing stock. He pulls up next to me, and i obviously look over, thinking in my head, "look at that dumb obnoxious car that isnt even an evo." he looks over at me, with his left arm blocking his mouth cuz its picked up on the wheel, he jerks his chin up at me giving me the 'nod.' he got a peace sign, and 4th gear. about an exit later, he pulls back up to me, because i wasn't trying to leave him, was just staying a car ahead of him easily because took him a bit to catch up. He finally catches up, starts screaming with his face shiny cuz hes so pissed and fire engine red, i drop down to 5th from 6th and just start walkingggg away from him down the parkway hahaha, he got off the next exit. This was probably the best car story i have and, we didn't exceed 85 mph
    Wait, so let me get this right. He nods at you in a friendly manner, you drop down a gear, ricer-flyby ahead, and cut him off, then are confused why the other driver might be irritated? Aye caramba .
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I don't think this is contingent on your car...

Wait, so let me get this right. He nods at you in a friendly manner, you drop down a gear, ricer-flyby ahead, and cut him off, then are confused why the other driver might be irritated? Aye caramba .
    +2

Sent from Tapatalk, cuz I can't get enough.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast