WRX Sparks many reactions from different people - Page 8
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Sparks many reactions from different people within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ^^ Replace "cats" with "dogs" and I'll go along... But my immune system stood up to it for what, 30 ...

^^ Replace "cats" with "dogs" and I'll go along... But my immune system stood up to it for what, 30 or so years... So that parasite ( or maybe virus?) isn't all that strong, though it got me eventually.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    Face AIDS?
    haha the profanity filter got you stumped?

The other day at a gas station dude asked me what type of Subaru I had? I replied "WRX". Then he said " aww just a WRX?" I guess he must like STI's. Of course I didn't care or say much after that reply. His follow up to make me feel better was "the new 2011/2012 WRX and STI's are sick!"

Quote Originally Posted by subaken View Post

The other day at a gas station dude asked me what type of Subaru I had? I replied "WRX". Then he said " aww just a WRX?" I guess he must like STI's. Of course I didn't care or say much after that reply. His follow up to make me feel better was "the new 2011/2012 WRX and STI's are sick!"
    Nope, meant to say face AIDS, it's a virus that they treat with Valtrex, or so I've heard..... The whole "only a WRX" thing always irks me too, though.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The fact that the guy can't determine the difference on his own means he is not a car guy.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX

I've heard worse.This actually happened on more than one occasion.

A guy asked me whether my car was an STI.I said no,its a WRX.To which he replied,"what's that?"!!!
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    Nope, meant to say face AIDS, it's a virus that they treat with Valtrex, or so I've heard..... The whole "only a WRX" thing always irks me too, though.
    either way sorry I'm didn't mean to be d-bag. I'm not the only one that's heard the "its not an STI so your car is not as cool" or a long those lines. If I wasn't the only bread winner and didn't have wife/kid and got paid better than E-6 Army pay I'd probably have an STI... I love these cars WRX's, STI's, FOZ's and hell BRZ's if I left something out I mean all Subaru's and the community as well. People that don't drive em don't get it.

I personally think those comments like, "awwe, just a WRX?" make the commenter look extremely foolish. Many of people who own these cars are hands-on types of people, who wanna get into what they have, and see how it all works and what they can do themselves to improve on it. That being said, there is 10x more passion behind even just a stage 1 WRX, then there is behind a stock STi. For example, Last night while traveling down the NJ Parkway, I pulled up next to a subaru outback, had the family stickers ont he back, so I didn't expect anything of it. As I began passing him (I was in middle lane cruising at about 65 due to fog and rain, he was in the right lane doing about 60 id say) I realized he had rallyarmor flaps, and that little piece of body behind the front tire that pops out, (no idea what its called, I believe someone actually drilled out that part where its engraved "STi" or "WRX" and put a light behind the letters) anyway, that said STi on it, and he had what looked like a stock 2002 WRX exhaust. Anyway, I didn't think anything of the outback because it was dark and I couldnt see the performance stuff until I was right next to him. Anyhow, this guy drops it down a gear, and taaaaakes off. He only ran through one gear, and I didn't even reply because by the time he had taken off and got off the gas, I was laughing and admiring his vehicle. We cruised the rest of the parkway as I just stared at how cool his little project was.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not really into the bragging rights aspect of car ownership, anymore, so a lot of times I'll forget to even mention that it's a WRX. Picked up a friend at his mother's house the other day, the same friend that I gave a vigorous ride to right after my hybrid build. His mom asked what kind of car I had, and I said "just a Subaru station wagon". He just smiled at me and said "Dude...it's so much more..."
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    ^^ Replace "cats" with "dogs" and I'll go along... But my immune system stood up to it for what, 30 or so years... So that parasite ( or maybe virus?) isn't all that strong, though it got me eventually.
    Hmm seems the cat parasite isn't working properly on you, but the WRX aspect of it is. You may want to be checked out by your local veterinarian just to be sure the parasite isn't planning something devious with your brain.

As for if it is a virus or parasite, the answer is parasite: Toxoplasmosis. The derivative found around here is Toxorexmosis though.
    2012 PBP Limited STI
    2002 Aspen White WRX Wagon, Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I'm not really into the bragging rights aspect of car ownership, anymore, so a lot of times I'll forget to even mention that it's a WRX. Picked up a friend at his mother's house the other day, the same friend that I gave a vigorous ride to right after my hybrid build. His mom asked what kind of car I had, and I said "just a Subaru station wagon". He just smiled at me and said "Dude...it's so much more..."
    I'm stealing that idea. I don't like saying WRX, mostly because people don't know what I'm talking about anyway. Station Wagon fits the bill.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    I personally think those comments like, "awwe, just a WRX?" make the commenter look extremely foolish.
    Awww just a wrx?
    2005 psm sti
    Blobeye Syndicate #2003
    2006 black honda vtx 1300c

"I dont always race wrc, but when i do i prefer subaru"

Not much reaction from most people. Funny thing happened this past weekend, had the family in the WRX including my 13yr old daughter. Drove very slowly through parking lot of Lifestyle Family Fitness and there were three young men, probably 18-20yrs old. Their jaws literally dropped open as we drove by and my daughter thought that was the COOLEST THING that ever happened! Otherwise, not much in the way of challenges on the road, which is fine with me.

The reality is if it's not an STI it is just a WRX.........

Being a Porsche guy it's the same thing in that world. If you don't have a Turbo, GT2, or GT3 you have just a 911.......

either way sorry I'm didn't mean to be d-bag. I'm not the only one that's heard the "its not an STI so your car is not as cool" or a long those lines. If I wasn't the only bread winner and didn't have wife/kid and got paid better than E-6 Army pay I'd probably have an STI... I love these cars WRX's, STI's, FOZ's and hell BRZ's if I left something out I mean all Subaru's and the community as well. People that don't drive em don't get it.
    The STI is wasted on most people unless you actually track the car or really drive it hard on a regular basis on roads where you can use the power/handling/braking, so there's not much reason to spend the extra dough on the STI versus the WRX in that case.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Being a Porsche guy it's the same thing in that world. If you don't have a Turbo, GT2, or GT3 you have just a 911.......
    In all worlds, people desperately cling to something that makes them feel special for a short time. A need for validation through differentiation.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Mine is just a little hatchback, like a mazda3 but with 4-wheel drive and manual...
    That's something people understand...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.