WRX Sparks many reactions from different people - Page 5
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Sparks many reactions from different people within the Everyday Impreza Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ive gotta chime in here, I'm a 21 '12 wrx owner and I wave to every wrx/sti I see. I ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Ive gotta chime in here, I'm a 21 '12 wrx owner and I wave to every wrx/sti I see. I love this community. Mommy and daddy didn't buy it for me. I've wanted a Subaru for the last 3 years and I finally can afford it.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower View Post
    +1
    I always throw up a friendly gesture when I see another scooby driver. Most of the time I get a wave back if they see me. I almost feel like Im suppose to be waving to other drivers. Just because we have great cars...
    I don't wave to every subie driver....there are just too many in the Pittsburgh area....I would never stop waving unless I were the only car on the road. I do wave at all WRX/STi/2.5RS/LGT/FXT.....basically anything that has a modders following.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    I don't wave to every subie driver....there are just too many in the Pittsburgh area....I would never stop waving unless I were the only car on the road. I do wave at all WRX/STi/2.5RS/LGT/FXT.....basically anything that has a modders following.
    I guess I should have said just the wrx/sti etc. down here in fl I don't see very many. I'll see maybe 1-2 a week if I'm lucky. I see mustangs and camaros by the dozen a day. I just don't understand why. Don't get me wrong I wanted a mustang or a Camaro they are good cars it's just some about the wrx I loved more. Why isn't that their are not as many wrx's as say mustang or camaros on the road?? Maybe it's only down here in fl like that. Maybe because AWD is not need as much like the north needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWRX View Post
    This. I wave at the LGTs too, but most of them here don't wave back either....
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

I Support ClubWRX
    I see a lot of LGTs...about 5-10 a day. FXTs are less, maybe one a week. WRX/STI, I see at least one per day (other than the one I am driving)....last week end I saw like 8 in one one hour drive. The WRX/STI peeps almost always wave/honk/nod etc., less than half the others even acknowledge you waved.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    there are mass amounts of 2.5i and 2.5RS Imprezas about though.

On the more negative side....I have noticed about half the EVO drivers in town scowl at me as I drive by...the other half wave.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    down here in north tx i rarely see any sti/wrx/lgt unless im on the naval base.....civic's galore though and most of them wave... i wave back (making sure no one was watching, lol) the others downshift and blast by me lol

most people love my sti 2 to 3 compliments or questions daily from strangers
    2005 psm sti
    Blobeye Syndicate #2003
    2006 black honda vtx 1300c

"I dont always race wrc, but when i do i prefer subaru"

hey fellow WRX owners!

i do it too
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

haha i literally just drove past a bunch of neighborhood kids riding bikes and the kid goes damn thats a nice car... hes like 8

I love that subie drivers wave. I had no idea! I've only had my wrx for a month and I constantly get waves or head nods from other wrx/sti drivers. I've been driving a jeep JK for last 4 years so it's cool to see another group that waves and acknowledges each other.
    2011 wrx hatch in wrb baby!

At 36 yrs old I've always been attracted to cars with a cult like following. My 1st cars were Acura Integras / Honda Accords in the Fast n Furious days then after 1st deployment moved on to Scions in 2006 and in 2008 bought my 1st WRX. My last 3 of my 4 cars have been WRX's with the VW GTI being the 4th. Out of those 4 different car communities I must say I like Subaru's the most. VW community comes in 2nd until you get into the whole air-cooled vs water-cooled thing. It is funny though when you do get the ricer-flyby from just about anything on the road including minivans.

Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower View Post
    I guess I should have said just the wrx/sti etc. down here in fl I don't see very many. I'll see maybe 1-2 a week if I'm lucky. I see mustangs and camaros by the dozen a day. I just don't understand why. Don't get me wrong I wanted a mustang or a Camaro they are good cars it's just some about the wrx I loved more. Why isn't that their are not as many wrx's as say mustang or camaros on the road?? Maybe it's only down here in fl like that. Maybe because AWD is not need as much like the north needs it.
    I personally feel have this opinion, most people who have the money to buy the car without any problems may not know much about cars. Therefor, they have in their mind, "I want a nice new sports car, a car with some 'go' when I hit the gas." I believe that 99% of people who don't klnow about cars, WOULD'NT choose Subaru as the company to go search for a sport car from, instead the camaro and mustang are much more advertised, and the WRX/STi's are left for the enthusiasts who know how all the inside information. This is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I Support ClubWRX
    I second that!

I Support ClubWRX
    plus there is the redneck factor.....the 'buy USA made cars only' crew....though, funny thing is that most FoMoCo/GM cars are not built in the US, but Canada or Mexico.
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

I Support ClubWRX
    The first made in the US car I ever bought was a V6 Honda. The buy-US guys do have a point in that it was a better solution than any Subaru at the time, plus it made more power and was better built.

Anyway, I waved to someone yesterday in an 08 I think. Blank stare. My beauty may have dazed them.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.